• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Everytime I think I need to spend more time on GT and less time on INGO.................someone puts out a post like this.

Exscuse me while I find out which person I am going to be next time at the range:dunno::ingo:

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    A copy of this list should be handed out to each new range member. It'll help them to either spot the stereotypes or to help them decide which one they want to imitate.;)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I think I safely fall between the Quiet Guest and the Idiot Girlfriend with aspirations to become part of the Range Harem.... maybe.
    Hmm... I still stand by this decision... although I'm a lot closer to the Range Harem now than I was when I posted this last year! Actually, it might be reversed now. Part of the Range Harem trying to be the Quiet Guest/Idiot Girlfriend. ... I don't think that's a change for the better.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I drink tea, I rarely miss so I don't need more than one at a time, I got all day or I wouldn't have time to sit around the range scrutinizing every one else. The rest of ya'll are the biggest part of the show. The ammo used is just the price of a ticket to watch.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v521/JackPatrickRyan/Gun Safety/?action=view&current=kilgore.flv
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v521/JackPatrickRyan/Gun Safety/?action=view&current=kilgore.flv

On the even numbered days I go to a nearby boat ramp.

Last edited:

tsmysak1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Really funny..

Most of these types really annoy me ... and a person came to mind each one I read! LOL

There has to be something in there about the 50 cal guy who brings his new Armalite AR-50 with Nightforce scope to the range to impress a few friends with the shear monster truck power of the 50. He cares not that the back blast throws dust on the 15 shooters to the left and 15 shooters to the right. He effectively prohibits any serious target practice because he has given everyone the jitters through proximity induced shell shock. Be wary of people setting up propane tanks or large steel plates after arriving. They may have a 50 packed away in the truck. Surely something stupid is about to transpire. You will want to have your cell phone camera ready because something is about to get a hole poked in it for the shear fun of it. The good thing about the 50 cal guy is that he cannot afford sustained fire. Once everyone in his band of followers has had a go at the monster, they will probably leave in short order.

Last edited:

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I think I safely fall between the Quiet Guest and the Idiot Girlfriend with aspirations to become part of the Range Harem.... maybe.

Just bring all of your girlfriends and you'll make it into part of a Range Harem! :rockwoot:

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Great.... I am always dressed in black ( even at work ). Drive a Crown Vic. and the mustache. NICE. Now I feel like I am being watched.

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Sounds like you should be ;)

All black "what" exactly? Tactical pants and polo? Dress pants and shirt with western style bolo tie? Leotards? It all depends!! :-P

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Suits, dress pants and polos. My wife said I should buy brighter colors, so I bought a black suit with pin stripes. BDU's once a year to see if they still fit.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    i haven't laughed that hard in awhile. The people in the breakroom probably think i'm nuts. Thanks for the entertainment man. good stuff!

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Where does the guy lie that spots your target for you. Pats you on the back for a good shot or group. Offers you a smoke when he's got them, ammo at times. Is an old Marine Sargent that won't let you get away with anything and will kick your a-- up between shoulders. Will help or teach you anything he can.
    Then late in the fall he comes to the range driven by another, has to use a cane to get up to his favorite bench, as you help him with his gear. You sit down to ask how he is? He looks you straight in the eyes and says "Honey I've been better my last check-up, they say I've got less 6 months.........cancer. But you know I've been blessed..................used to be prez of the NMLRA.........Seen Friendship go from a pasture to what it is now............I've never had much but what I've touched seemed to turn to gold ......Have friends everywhere.....I'm not scared of dying............Shoot it's just another journey................Maybe I'll just slip out in the woods some snowy night and let the cold take me..........Kinda nice to watch the stars on a snowy night..............Ya the good Lords blessed me more than I deserved...................I'm really alright with it.............Max passed in his sleep about 6 weeks later.....................If you look you can always find faults in people and I whole heartedly agree with these desciption, just don't get so tied up with them that you miss a gold nugget....................I think you know I'm still not alright with it........I miss that old fart................<>< Duce

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Really funny..

Most of these types really annoy me ... and a person came to mind each one I read! LOL

There has to be something in there about the 50 cal guy who brings his new Armalite AR-50 with Nightforce scope to the range to impress a few friends with the shear monster truck power of the 50. He cares not that the back blast throws dust on the 15 shooters to the left and 15 shooters to the right. He effectively prohibits any serious target practice because he has given everyone the jitters through proximity induced shell shock. Be wary of people setting up propane tanks or large steel plates after arriving. They may have a 50 packed away in the truck. Surely something stupid is about to transpire. You will want to have your cell phone camera ready because something is about to get a hole poked in it for the shear fun of it. The good thing about the 50 cal guy is that he cannot afford sustained fire. Once everyone in his band of followers has had a go at the monster, they will probably leave in short order.

Thankfully he is always on the 50 yard range.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    What about this one:

The Missing Shooter

Rarely sighted at the range but prolific on web boards, the Missing Shooter has an impressive array of firearms and accessories, most of which are still good as new. Catalogued in a thousand digital pictures, the collection of the Missing Shooter is dominated by two traits, their pristine unfired condition, and quality top name brands. Pictures of each will either be stolen from vendor sites, or in advanced cases, will be original but all taken against the backdrop of a carpeted floor often with the toes of the cameraman visible in the shot.

The Missing Shooter is skilled enough that he need not be bothered by the tedium of the range and would rather not risk scratching up his new free floating Larue rail. Loyal to his firearm, he would put it in a uncontrolled situation where the elements, fellow shooters, and the unknown might conspire to get his black rifle wet or muddy.

The Missing Shooter is known to appear at range functions that double as social gatherings. He will bring his top two or three rifles with all their best dress attached, and if feeling racy, might bring a knife as well. These will not get fired but will sit in a prominent location for other shooters to look at and possibly touch.

The Missing Shooter is not that bad of a guy at all and can be converted into another shooting type with the proper application of (A) an Idiot Girlfriend, (B) tannerite, or (C) loss of internet.

************* end **************

Lord help me not to fall into that category...

Top Bottom