The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So the LP is like any other, I suppose. They claim to support one set of values yet nominate people that cast doubt that they are sincere in their beliefs.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So the LP is like any other, I suppose. They claim to support one set of values yet nominate people that cast doubt that they are sincere in their beliefs.

No-one nominated her for anything. She ran for the position of VP candidate and came nowhere near to close to achieving her goal. Apparently, the convention goers did not agree with her positions.

As for Johnson and Weld, can't help you there. The delegates knew their stated positions and the so called pragmatists in the party voted for them, despite their non adherence to certain platform positions. Not everyone, or even a significant number of LP'ers, agree with their stances and have called them out. Hell, there's even a move on now to try and force the LNC to remove Weld as the VP candidate, for his stupid anti-gun positions.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Except for the legal weed.

Meh...they're all slouching towards decadence. One can make a logical and valid case about the government's role in things such as this but then they turn around and betray their arguments when they support candidates like this person, Weld, and Johnson. Like so many of the other parties, they really only care about the "liberties" they like and are quite quiet when the liberties of those people they find icky are under assault.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No-one nominated her for anything. She ran for the position of VP candidate and came nowhere near to close to achieving her goal. Apparently, the convention goers did not agree with her positions.

OK. I stand corrected. But I stand by my underlying point because they nominated Johnson and Weld.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    w0e2w4e.jpg

Let's see...

Balanced budget...I can believe that.

Strong defense...no way. It is simply not possible to reconcile open borders with strong defense.

Single consumption tax...I can believe him.

Adults making their own decisions...apparently if it involves drugs or sexual proclivities...real individual rights, not so much.

Social acceptance...yes, forced on others with the power of government.

Fiscal responsibility...no significant reason for doubt here.

Limited government...he wants to force people to violate their religious convictions, First Amendment notwithstanding, right after lipping off about adults making their own decisions. Gary, quit smoking that damned weed while you are campaigning!

This man calls himself a Libertarian? He sounds to me like a Democrat who wants a balanced budget.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Let's see...

Balanced budget...I can believe that.

Strong defense...no way. It is simply not possible to reconcile open borders with strong defense.

I don't think he says "open borders" or certainly not "decreased border security".
    He advocates making work visas easier to get. To me, if you do this and end the drug war (though legalizing marijuana is only a little piece of that), then the border might actually be manageable and see if we still have a major problem there.

The other enticement/problem is the welfare state. Johnson or no one else is going to end that tomorrow, but I think it stands a chance of being minimized with him in office.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I don't think he says "open borders" or certainly not "decreased border security".
    He advocates making work visas easier to get. To me, if you do this and end the drug war (though legalizing marijuana is only a little piece of that), then the border might actually be manageable and see if we still have a major problem there.

That is like advocating anticipatory surrender as a way to prevent war.... it works great if the only goal is to avoid war but loses sight of some other rather important issues. Maintaining our freedom and sovereignty are my main focuses so the logic of our border problems being caused by enforcement of our immigration and drug laws is rather lost on me.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That is like advocating anticipatory surrender as a way to prevent war.... it works great if the only goal is to avoid war but loses sight of some other rather important issues. Maintaining our freedom and sovereignty are my main focuses so the logic of our border problems being caused by enforcement of our immigration and drug laws is rather lost on me.

The main threat to our freedom and sovereignty has always been our own federal government, not immigrants.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    The main threat to our freedom and sovereignty has always been our own federal government, not immigrants.
    Yeah, I would say they may be brewing up for a major war in the next 10 years. The financial system also looks like it has before major wars.

Top Bottom