The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Johnson says he supports the EPA WITH a 40% budget cut to that department; he supports a social safety net WITH a 43% budget cut to social spending. That's far better than the record of any Republican, who has expanded both. Of course a president can't make budget cuts by himself but Johnson has a very unique and strong record of vetoing spending and taxes compared to almost any other governor.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Gd Libertarians and their taxes. Can't these people just leave us alone?

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/gary-johnson-backs-co2-fee-fight-global-warming/

The Libertarian Republic is ran by Austin Peterson, who seems to have trouble letting go of the fact he wasn't nominated. Whether or not Johnson actually "endorsed" a carbon fee, I don't know as I haven't seen any recording of this. He does tend to ramble about things he might be "open to discussing" and isn't the best communicator.

But Peterson and this webpage have been putting out misstatements and sometimes outright fabrications since the Libertarian convention.

I liked Peterson's views and his speeches, but he had no real qualifications to be president.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    The Libertarian Republic is ran by Austin Peterson, who seems to have trouble letting go of the fact he wasn't nominated. Whether or not Johnson actually "endorsed" a carbon fee, I don't know as I haven't seen any recording of this. He does tend to ramble about things he might be "open to discussing" and isn't the best communicator.

But Peterson and this webpage have been putting out misstatements and sometimes outright fabrications since the Libertarian convention.

I liked Peterson's views and his speeches, but he had no real qualifications to be president.

Here you go, right from his mouth.

Gary Johnson (Libertarian) on climate change

What a douche, tax vs fee. Typical politician.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'm following Austin on FB and even though he wasn't nominated, he's quite firm in his support for Johnson. He will point out Johnson's many shortcomings but never indicates his support is conditional or growing tepid. In many ways he's quite the party partisan.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sorry I'm not buying that.

I didn't know population control thru "fees" was a plank of the Libertarian Party.

If you buy co2 as a pollutant there is a case for government to regulate polluters as infringing on individuals right to clean air.
    Unless you're of the opinion that individuals can sue big corporations and courts can handle it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Problem is that these regulations won't affect the bottom line of those evil corporations....
    Where do you think the money is going to come from?
    You think the .gov group wanting a carbon tax is doing it for the people?
    :rofl:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If you buy co2 as a pollutant there is a case for government to regulate polluters as infringing on individuals right to clean air.
    Unless you're of the opinion that individuals can sue big corporations and courts can handle it.

Quoting for the conditional. Your breath may be considered pollution, but mine is a natural part of the biosphere.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom