The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just did another i-side-with quiz. I side with Gary Johnson on 75% of the issues. Trump 57%. Hillary 21%.

Of course, they didn't ask questions about douchebaggery.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just did another i-side-with quiz. I side with Gary Johnson on 75% of the issues. Trump 57%. Hillary 21%.

Of course, they didn't ask questions about douchebaggery.
    You mean they didn't ask you if someone offered you a gesture of good will, what would you do with it?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Here's why I think the libertarian party polls from the Republican party because they run run former Republicans for their National offices when was the last time a Democrat ran on the libertarian party ticket at a national level?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Considering the source and that Austin Petersens own site has said they kissed and made up, I'll go with this didn't happen. LH was a rabid supporter of Petersen and, since his loss, has gone round the bend.

Wait.... which part? Offering the $500 to buy back the gun the douche nozzle threw out or throwing the gun out in the first place?
    Douche nozzle pretty solid on the 2nd Amendment otherwise..........

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Here's why I think the libertarian party polls from the Republican party because they run run former Republicans for their National offices when was the last time a Democrat ran on the libertarian party ticket at a national level?

Both libertarian candidates were governors of blue states with democratic congress'

The polls say they pull equally. If we're pretending both parties inherently get a set number of votes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Never-Trump conservatives search for alternative - CNNPolitics.com

Apologies for the source, but...

Why don't the #NeverRelevant crowd just jump on the Libertarian bandwagon? They already have ballot access in all 50 and they support conservative principles. Why spend all that time and treasure...

Unless its more about control than it is conservatism. They don't want to help someone notTRump win, they just want to make sure Trump loses and they get to pick up the pieces

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Both libertarian candidates were governors of blue states with democratic congress'

The polls say they pull equally. If we're pretending both parties inherently get a set number of votes.

Polls change daily. I am more interested in an answer to my question though.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They were talking about Kristal's search for an alternative on the Today Show this morning. I think it was Chuck Todd that brought up the LP candidates and suggested Wm already has an alternative...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The Libertarian candidate is more Conservative than Trump. I wonder why all the "Well he's our guy" Trump supporters aren't jumping ship for an actual Conservative-minded candidate?

Hmm. Odd, that.

Three, off the top of my head:

A. Because the Libertarian party needs to grow up and act like adults at the political dinner table
    B. Because the Libertarian party explicitly supports abortion
    C. Because voting for the Libertarian candidate only helps Clinton win

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Or voting for Trump. Don't avoid what I'm saying here... why do you default a non R/D vote to be for Clinton?

I'm sure the people who kept assuming that every non-Trump vote would go to their chosen Republican primary candidate, if only the other "splitter" candidates would drop out, are similarly scratching their heads about this question. It's like people don't even pay attention to reality.

It's simple, really: in a three-party race, the presence of the third candidate dilutes the voting bloc of the person most ideologically aligned with the third - thereby strengthening the voting bloc of the candidate least ideologically aligned with the other two. It's the same reason that Ross Perot gave us Bill Clinton. (And the same way that the Green Party may have helped give us GWB.)

People who are going to vote Democrat are not even considering voting third party. There is virtually no one who would normally vote Democrat, that is considering voting Libertarian. Libertarian is most closely aligned with Republican, because Democrats despise the concepts of individual liberty, and limited government.

(There are the Bernie supporters, of course - but that's a separate discussion.)

Top Bottom