The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Weld wasn't my first choice, but his selection is not going to sway me to vote for that turd Trump or Hillary. I'll still cast a vote for Johnson. VP doesn't make much of an impact on a race or a presidency and Weld has already said he regrets his past actions and agrees with Heller and that gun ownership is an individual right. You republicans got over Romney's actions and you're ignoring Trumps past positions, so I'd say Weld is a pretty safe bet. I'll trust libertarians to protect my rights before I'd trust a republican or democrat.

Weld changed his former position? Obviously a lying con man

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There's more than one choice, or are not paying attention? The LP has a better stance onthe 2nd than republicans or their dem buddies. I'll take my chances with people who actually support the 2nd as it reads.

Trump has a better stance on 2A than republicans or their dem buddies
    Then you go 'but he's changed his position and has no record of actually doing anything pro-2A'
    And this differs from ex-NM gov and ex-MA gov precisely how?
    Do either Johnson or Weld have a permit and carry?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Then you go 'but he's changed his position and has no record of actually doing anything pro-2A'

It's all about branding.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Trumps stance is telling you whatever it takes to get elected, what his stance will be tomorrow is anyone's guess. He's about only one person, always has been. Snake oil salesmen always manage to find someone who's buying.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Not a bad start.

13343077_10156865572010462_5500735066022439138_n_zpsfyg4rryc.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Because Trump can't swindle more than 31% of the population. Republican primary voters gotta get better at picking protest candidates.

And still it wouldn't make any sense to you guys to call a truce and merge our armies together so that we both can slay the big ugly giant that's threatening our worlds?

You know, Strategy? :dunno:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    And still it wouldn't make any sense to you guys to call a truce and merge our armies together so that we both can slay the big ugly giant that's threatening our worlds?

Nothing will ever change if we continue with this nonsense. Eventually we'll have to start voting for the guy we want to win, might as well start now.
    One day we'll realize 'the next election' is never going to come, that voting for the slightly less despicable character get's us absolutely nowhere.

But hey, attend Trump University if you'd like. (It's like drinking cool-aid but the charismatic leader doesn't die, just get's richer and more famous)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

They'll never give in. The Libertarian stance has always been to whine about everyone else. If they chose to side with someone who could actually win, they'd be held accountable for it. Whining ends when it's your own fault. Libertarians feel they are never at fault.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    They'll never give in. The Libertarian stance has always been to whine about everyone else. If they chose to side with someone who could actually win, they'd be held accountable for it. Whining ends when it's your own fault. Libertarians feel they are never at fault.

Or Trump is ideologically opposed to nearly everything libertarians stand for and instead we're voting for the successful two term Republican governor of a blue state....It's one or the other...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Or Trump is ideologically opposed to nearly everything libertarians stand for and instead we're voting for the successful two term Republican governor of a blue state....It's one or the other...

The Libertarian candidate is more Conservative than Trump. I wonder why all the "Well he's our guy" Trump supporters aren't jumping ship for an actual Conservative-minded candidate?

Hmm. Odd, that.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The Libertarian candidate is more Conservative than Trump. I wonder why all the "Well he's our guy" Trump supporters aren't jumping ship for an actual Conservative-minded candidate?

Hmm. Odd, that.

When was the last time a primary produced an outsider candidate?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...we're voting for the successful two term Republican governor of a blue state....It's one or the other...

You're voting for Hilary, her Supreme Court appointments and the rest of our lives under gun control. That's what you're voting for.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...why do you default a non R/D vote to be for Clinton?

It's terribly simple. Not even about R/D. Any vote that is not for someone who could actually beat Hillary is essentially a vote for her.

It's no different with those who abstain. We can either beat her or stand back and let her win, just like we did with Obama.

Top Bottom