• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    If they are the manufacturer, they do NOT need to send it to an FFL. Browning sent me a brand spankin new O/U when my old one had issues, and it came right to my door.
    Call them back and tell them that, and tell them about the extra cost and that they need to be responsible for the return charges, NOT YOU.

This^

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Shooter531: I will give 20 dollars for the box for my collection if one of your buyers want to sell it off. My new collection of misspelled boxes. They can pm me here.

Like the Island of misfit toys.

It is not like I am the best speller in the world.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    If there is one thing im starting to learn from experience and a little bit of age is "you get what you pay for". Most marlin and savage bolt guns are good shooters but they are built cheap and thats why they are cheap. The quality of the bolts/bolt handles and magazines dont compare to alot of other rimfires like a ruger 77 or a cz.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Got it back today. I went and picked it up at Four Guns in Lafayette. After hearing the crap that I went through Jared didn't charge me for the FFL transfer. Please don't think this is an advertisement thinking they won't charge you for a transfer. I believe that Jared is a very kind soul that helped out someone who had been screwed a bit.
    They even had the Colt/Umarex 30 rd mags in stock. I got one finally. :)

I loaded up a 10 rd mag, which they included (another plus because I still have the original), and it fired flawlessly. There wasn't one failure. Of course this is only 10 rds, but I'll do some more tomorrow when I get the scope on it. the receiver is spot on with no issues visually. I'm glad that is over.

+1000 for Four Guns. Thank you very much!!!!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I think I have posted my marlin boxes here before.

Guess which one is pre buyout and which one was post buyout.

MarlinBoxes.jpg
    I finally went out to the shed to look at my marlin boxes and sure enough, the 44mag lever-action cowboy rifle that I bought 5 or 6 years ago came in a box that says "KEEP THIS FIREARM OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDERN":):

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I finally went out to the shed to look at my marlin boxes and sure enough, the 44mag lever-action cowboy rifle that I bought 5 or 6 years ago came in a box that says "KEEP THIS FIREARM OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDERN":):
    Yeah, when it comes to childern, Marlin cares :).

KDW77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Why do all good things come to an end. I remember when Marlin and Remington were both the greatest shotguns and rifles. Its sad when a name is bought and then stamped on a piece of trash. Quality control these days sucks!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Why do all good things come to an end. I remember when Marlin and Remington were both the greatest shotguns and rifles. Its sad when a name is bought and then stamped on a piece of trash. Quality control these days sucks!
    I agree that quality control is a problem, but I really like my 3 Remingtons and 2 Marlins. They are far from trash.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I figured I'd get of my bum and post. I originally discovered this after tearing it down after a range session. I cleaned it when I received it, but didn't completely tear it down. Well this is what I found.
    First pic is of what looks to be a retention pin. This goes through the receiver at the front underneath the barrel. Looks like it was drilled wrong and the redrilled in order for it to line up.
    pLP3zQv.jpg

Second pic here is under the barrel where the pin was pressed in. Notice the broken metal?

KKbgOAV.jpg

Two rifles back to back. Never again will a penny go towards a Remington or a Marlin firearm. Everyone can say what they want about how they're not all like that and I should give them some slack, but I have proof they have no QC. Twice. I won't give them the benefit of the doubt. :twocents:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Send it back again and again and again.

What is happening is a QC person requires higher pay than a shipping clerk and a receptionist, So they feel skip the qc let them send them back after a field QC by customer and then ship out new rifles. If we just keep sending them back it will cost more than QC.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Man, thats awful.
    I agree with jmarriott. Send it back until they get it right.

Its things like this that let them know they are screwing up. If you give up, they will think once fixed it, when it didnt.
    I know you are sworn off of Marlin now, but Id hope they want to be better than this, and they wont make it without someone pushing them.

Maybe its a corporate thing, but then again, maybe its just a QC issue that they cant quite get figured out....who knows, but it wont get right unless the guys with the problems continue to push the issue.

You know, I grew up shooting Remingtons, so this really sucks, as it means that Ill have to go through the same darn thing (possibly anyway) if ever I decide to get an 11-87, which is the one shotgun I would like to add to my collection....unless I go used.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I REALLY want to send it in. Another $20 for shipping, and another 6 weeks wait puts me off. I really think I'm just going to write it off as a bad purchase and lesson learned. We'll see.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I REALLY want to send it in. Another $20 for shipping, and another 6 weeks wait puts me off. I really think I'm just going to write it off as a bad purchase and lesson learned. We'll see.
    Have them give you a shipping label. That's not a WARRANTY issue as much as a SHOULD NEVER HAVE LEFT THE FACTORY issue... I wouldn't pay to send it back.

Top Bottom