Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would be fired if I posted that where I work. There is no context in which that is appropriate in the workplace.

Sure there is. Military and ex-military.
    If she can't take it, then why the heck is she working with vets?
    Or is that one of the reasons they're getting shoddy care?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You know, when I said that, I thought, eh, maybe I should back off of "...no context.." because it only takes one counterpoint.

So. I stand corrected. Can I narrow the context to humans then?

It's INGO. If I hadn't done it, someone else would have, and really busted your (pork) chops over it. I did my best to just poke a little fun.

All that said, though, this is someone trying to show how delicate she is. Let's examine what Mattis, the guy on the poster, is in that position to do: He's there to defend the country without malice but in the context of his role as a defender, to do so with extreme prejudice against those who would do our country harm.

Let's put this in a bit of perspective. I'm going to use a paraphrase from a novel by Tom Clancy. I don't know if anyone has ever actually done this or not, but he described the response from the Israeli airline, El Al, to someone trying to hijack one of their planes. They subdued the terrorist, tied him up, and sat him in row #1 in First Class. They wrapped a couple of towels around his neck and slit his throat before they landed. Word got around and oddly enough, no one ever messed with El Al again.
    Admittedly, Clancy's story was fiction. As I said, I don't know if that part is based in fact.

If Mattis starts killing people, he will be doing it to people who intend harm to us, our families, and our neighbors. For my part, I can't fault that, especially in a place full of veterans who love this country enough to offer their lives for it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I would be fired if I posted that where I work. There is no context in which that is appropriate in the workplace.

If you've never served I can see how you might think that. In the military, or affiliated industry, that's actually quite tame. I'm not sure how much it's changed but when I served the "delicate flowers" got toughened up or weeded out.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looks like Marvel Comics is purging some of it's SJW content. It was revealed yesterday that they've cancelled Silk, Hellcat, and Thunderbolts. All three were underperforming, but only two were being given protection from cancellation up until this point. Marvel appears to be following through on their promise to cut back on the PC SJW pandering. Might see similar actions in the near future as stories wrap up and books are axed.

In other news, "The Guardian" is going after George Lucas for "regressive" depictions of women.

A modern space opera: has Star Wars escaped the George Lucas worldview? (Archive)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looks like Marvel Comics is purging some of it's SJW content. It was revealed yesterday that they've cancelled Silk, Hellcat, and Thunderbolts. All three were underperforming, but only two were being given protection from cancellation up until this point. Marvel appears to be following through on their promise to cut back on the PC SJW pandering. Might see similar actions in the near future as stories wrap up and books are axed.

In other news, "The Guardian" is going after George Lucas for "regressive" depictions of women.

A modern space opera: has Star Wars escaped the George Lucas worldview? (Archive)

I think Marvel has a good understanding of the makeup of their audience. Meanwhile, DC still thinks they have a social duty to blather on about 'social justice'.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Sure there is. Military and ex-military.
    If she can't take it, then why the heck is she working with vets?
    Or is that one of the reasons they're getting shoddy care?

It's INGO. If I hadn't done it, someone else would have, and really busted your (pork) chops over it. I did my best to just poke a little fun.

All that said, though, this is someone trying to show how delicate she is. Let's examine what Mattis, the guy on the poster, is in that position to do: He's there to defend the country without malice but in the context of his role as a defender, to do so with extreme prejudice against those who would do our country harm.

Let's put this in a bit of perspective. I'm going to use a paraphrase from a novel by Tom Clancy. I don't know if anyone has ever actually done this or not, but he described the response from the Israeli airline, El Al, to someone trying to hijack one of their planes. They subdued the terrorist, tied him up, and sat him in row #1 in First Class. They wrapped a couple of towels around his neck and slit his throat before they landed. Word got around and oddly enough, no one ever messed with El Al again.
    Admittedly, Clancy's story was fiction. As I said, I don't know if that part is based in fact.

If Mattis starts killing people, he will be doing it to people who intend harm to us, our families, and our neighbors. For my part, I can't fault that, especially in a place full of veterans who love this country enough to offer their lives for it.

Blessings,
    Bill

If you've never served I can see how you might think that. In the military, or affiliated industry, that's actually quite tame. I'm not sure how much it's changed but when I served the "delicate flowers" got toughened up or weeded out.

This humor with veterans, is similar to humor with many emergency services personnel.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.

Retired now, but before I ended up in the office running a crew of 37 field service guys. I am a Marine, so was my boss, his boss and 9 others in the building. The HR guys was a Navy Corpsman, VP Army as well as 22 other recent vets. They would have made me take the sign down, after much laughter and many high fives....

Don

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There are about 5 threads this would be relevant in.

I wonder who's bankrolling this congressional run.

C5XFG0NWcAAI61K.jpg:small

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom