Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure some of you have heard the name "PewDiePie"... the #1 watched YouTube personality. Got started in gaming videos, and moved into what he considers to be comedy material. I'm not a fan, never really watched him, but he was just hit by a character assassination attempt by the SJW media.

Here's his response video today, first video of his I've watched, and he's absolutely right. Dishonest media trying to paint him as a nazi/fascist... they go after his parent companies (YouTube, Disney) to get him dropped and his show canceled... all based on misrepresenting his content and jokes.

Again, I don't like his content... but I'll damn sure defend him on this.

Language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwk1DogcPmU

This isn't really isolated to YouTube. His influence has turned an unbelievably massive fanbase against the media (Wallstreet Journal, in this case).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm sure some of you have heard the name "PewDiePie"... the #1 watched YouTube personality. Got started in gaming videos, and moved into what he considers to be comedy material. I'm not a fan, never really watched him, but he was just hit by a character assassination attempt by the SJW media.

Here's his response video today, first video of his I've watched, and he's absolutely right. Dishonest media trying to paint him as a nazi/fascist... they go after his parent companies (YouTube, Disney) to get him dropped and his show canceled... all based on misrepresenting his content and jokes.

Again, I don't like his content... but I'll damn sure defend him on this.

Language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwk1DogcPmU

This isn't really isolated to YouTube. His influence has turned an unbelievably massive fanbase against the media (Wallstreet Journal, in this case).

Sargon laid this out pretty well in one of his recent videos.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sargon laid this out pretty well in one of his recent videos.

Ooo, glad to hear you listen to Sargon.

Not sure if you listen to any of the streams he does (sort of hit-and-miss)... but he did one recently with Jon Jafari (JonTron, formerly of Game Grumps)... so the usual crowd went after Jon for speaking on an "alt-right" stream (odd, considering Sargon is quite a liberal). So that was the last straw, and Jon just unloaded, and let people know how he really felt. He considers these people an attack on his livelihood when they go after YouTubers and their advertisers for "wrongthink".

It was refreshing to see someone not be silent anymore. He said many times he knew it would be bad for his career, and he didn't expect to continue being able to do what he does after "coming out" as an anti-PC person. But he feels good about it now, and called on other YouTubers to do the same.

And I've seen more high-profile YouTubers do so. You poke and you poke, expecting them to just sit there and take it... and get surprised when they react.

Anyway, just mentioning him since it's pretty related to the Pewdiepie thing. Labeling people as nazis and whatnot will only go so far before they get fed up with it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ooo, glad to hear you listen to Sargon.

Not sure if you listen to any of the streams he does (sort of hit-and-miss)... but he did one recently with Jon Jafari (JonTron, formerly of Game Grumps)... so the usual crowd went after Jon for speaking on an "alt-right" stream (odd, considering Sargon is quite a liberal). So that was the last straw, and Jon just unloaded, and let people know how he really felt. He considers these people an attack on his livelihood when they go after YouTubers and their advertisers for "wrongthink".

It was refreshing to see someone not be silent anymore. He said many times he knew it would be bad for his career, and he didn't expect to continue being able to do what he does after "coming out" as an anti-PC person. But he feels good about it now, and called on other YouTubers to do the same.

And I've seen more high-profile YouTubers do so. You poke and you poke, expecting them to just sit there and take it... and get surprised when they react.

Anyway, just mentioning him since it's pretty related to the Pewdiepie thing. Labeling people as nazis and whatnot will only go so far before they get fed up with it.

I was just glad to see Sargon's video get up to #8 trending (at the point I saw it). It restores faith in humanity when a video like that can compete with cute puppies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Speaking of... great new video from Sargon against the hack media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ulkykn7jc

I think Sargon makes a pretty good case that 1) the controlled old media seems to be attacking independent and uncontrollable new media. 2) that they're doing it because outlets like Youtube allow uncontrolled individuals to say whatever they want to a huge audience, and they're kicking old media's ass at it.

The WSJ has 2.4 million print subscribers and another 900K digital subscribers, plus another half million subscribers on youtube. So their reach is just over 4 million subscribers. Looking at PewDiePie's stats, he has 53.5 million subscribers. In his channel's history he has had nearly 15 billion views. In just the last two weeks he's had more than 112 million views. I'm not astonished that the WSJ has offered PewDiePie their platform for him to defend himself on. WTF? By any measurement, PewDiePie's platform is an order of magnitude greater than the WSJ. They're just trying to troll him into giving them more views.

Rightly, he tole them to **** off.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Jamil has it right. The guy is bigger than the entire cable news industry combined. He pulls more views in a few days than Rachel Maddow will get in six freaking months. That's gotta be butthurtin the MSM.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I had never heard of this person until this thread, but now I am curious. I gather that he is YouTube personality that has said something that p.o.'d the regular media. Can anyone give any background info that would help me understand what is going on here?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I had never heard of this person until this thread, but now I am curious. I gather that he is YouTube personality that has said something that p.o.'d the regular media. Can anyone give any background info that would help me understand what is going on here?

In a nutshell. PewDiePie is by far the largest channel on YouTube. No need to go into the stats. As a political statement against the false accusations of fascism being thrown around these days, he made some videos mocking them by including gags about Nazi's and fascists. The WSJ put out a hit piece, probably to try to bring him down while cashing in on his empire, in which they cherry-picked those gags out of context to try to make the case that he supports fascism and is a neo-nazi sympathiser. But the context of the videos was that he was mocking all of that.

Personally I don't care for his videos. His main demographic is millennial gamer types. But my interest in this story is the desperation of the media to cope with a far better platform.

As far as Sargon goes, I've been subscribed for probably a year. He is a self-described liberal, but more in the classical liberal sense. He's not a progressive, and he is anti-SJW. He's a sort of philosopher.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

This is pretty amazing. Your post sparked me to Google about the situation.... and hilariously, every result is tainted and biased against him. There is no objective article out there being fed to the people seeking information about it. Reminds me of GamerGate all-too-much.

I'm sure there are articles out there... but Google doesn't want you to see them, apparently.

Anyway - Felix Kjellberg started as a gaming YouTube personality, built up a huge following. He eventually got into "comedy" videos... doing skits and weird stuff. He eventually became the most subscribed/watched channel on YouTube. That's an important detail.

He recently did a video showcasing the ridiculous stuff you can buy online. There's a website out there that, for $5, will make a video featuring something you tell them to say. Filmed in some third-world country or something. To show how ridiculous the internet is... Felix paid $5 for them to make a video with a sign saying something like "All Jews Must Die" (a dark meme, obviously not genuine.) They did it, which sparked controversy.

So the Wall Street Journal sent three of their writers to review Felix's videos and seek out anything that could be considered anti-semitic. They compiled a list, and wrote a hit-piece on Felix calling him anti-semitic. Also curious at this time, other websites wrote articles comparing him to Hitler, calling him a Nazi, etc. As though it was a coordinated effort... again, this is very familiar. They contacted Disney (parent company to his channel on YT) and got him removed from their network, and YouTube stopped promoting his videos.

To his viewers who know he isn't anti-semitic, they lashed out at the hack media hit-piece... and here we are. He's gained 400k+ subscribers, he doesn't seem to be a person that cares about money (he's made multi-millions from YouTube). They tried to assassinate his character, and it backfired.

Edit: Relevant to this thread... Steven Crowder's show tonight will be about the Milo/CPAC/Pedo controversy, as well as some discussion on PewDiePie.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    16681616_10212992691120735_4385591222757723838_n.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I guess we should all be surprised that grammar use improves as people become more educated. I think the poster itself is virtue-signaling, and idea behind their poster is inherently racist.

"Linguistic and writing research has shown clearly for many decades that there is no inherent ‘standard’ of English,” proclaims the writing center’s statement. “Language is constantly changing. These two facts make it very difficult to justify placing people in hierarchies or restricting opportunities and privileges because of the way people communicate in particular versions of English.

This is just code for the soft racism of low expectations. If I were a person of color I would be absolutely furious. The condescension of these elitist **********s is infuriating.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom