Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    CqekQieUsAEZeix.jpg:small

Nice picture featuring both of the non-staff who showed up.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Maybe besides I'm missing the problem? Is there something on that sign that I'm not supposed to agree with?

You could start with the implied disagreement with the right to one's own opinion. It is one thing for their own gathering, but my guess is that the idea is to push to make their agenda universal.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wait.... You mean to tell me if you don't work as many hours as someone else you won't get paid as much as they do?!
    We need .gov to fix this!!!!!!

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Finally some sense. Was reading the news stories about some 5 year old's mom who is fighting for her(his?) right to use the bathroom for her felt gender. All I could think of was The kid is FIVE. What are you doing to her? She can't possibly have any concept of gender at that age.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Finally some sense. Was reading the news stories about some 5 year old's mom who is fighting for her(his?) right to use the bathroom for her felt gender. All I could think of was The kid is FIVE. What are you doing to her? She can't possibly have any concept of gender at that age.

Parents who push this garbage on kids too young to fathom it are doing far more damage than they perceive society and "gender norms" to be doing.

Child abuse.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Wait.... You mean to tell me if you don't work as many hours as someone else you won't get paid as much as they do?!
    We need .gov to fix this!!!!!!
    That wasn't what I took away from it. Most companies I've seen have a schedule (whether they follow it is another matter) of when you get evaluations which lead to raises. If I'm due for a 90 day, and then annual evaluations, my performance in my job should not be tied to the number of hours I do it. (If I give 100% effort and am a model employee, the fact that I work part time hours shouldn't mean I make less per hour, especially less than someone else who gives 50% effort and finds any excuse for a coffee break/smoke break/etc., in the same job class.) What I understood this to say was that the part time employee wasn't getting those evaluations that lead to raises, on schedule. I'd have to agree that that was wrong. I might even agree it's discriminatory. I'm not sure it rises to the level of needing governmental involvement, though.

Sure she can. At five, she knows she's a girl. She's happy when told she's pretty, and she knows the traditional gender roles she sees modeled for her: Mommy and Daddy go to work, come home, Mommy makes dinner while Daddy drinks a beer and lies on the couch and farts all evening. :laugh:
    Seriously, if her parents are like most, she probably has a dollhouse, a few dresses in her closet, and likes to watch things like Doc McStuffins and Dora on TV. Her brother (or maybe the boy next door, or the one in her kindergarten) has toy trucks, maybe has a suit in his closet for church on Sunday (maybe) and watches Transformers and Superman.
    For that matter, look at the super heroes: Wonder Woman is strong, but she doesn't LOOK strong. She looks like a princess (which she is) in a costume that looks like a bathing suit. Superman LOOKS muscular and imposing, and his costume is full-coverage.
    And then there's:
    BulletJiggle.png

Children do learn early what's expected. The man is supposed to be strong and smart, and the woman is supposed to be eye candy, at least traditionally. They learn today that women are also strong and smart and capable. That, in and of itself, I don't think is a bad thing. From a personal perspective, I also don't mind that men are not usually portrayed as eye candy. :dunno:

Blessings,
    Bill

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

What? You never played "Doctor" when you were five? I think I was pretty aware of the difference in plumbing by then.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Probably at least two scientists who will soon be looking for a job flipping burgers.

You know I would like to agree but the way the world's going it seems more like how you feel or how something makes you feel is what justifies Things Not facts

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom