Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Tolerance is defined by liberals as the total acquiescence and acceptance of their point of view. and the total rejection of ours.

Did I just make it them and us? Why, yes I did.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hubris. What is it?

Cjdt_iHWsAA-ZWn.jpg:large

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    It's an awesome contradiction going on with Milo.

Who'da thought that so many republicans would be so mesmerized by a man who was so flamboyantly gay?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's an awesome contradiction going on with Milo.

Who'da thought that so many republicans would be so mesmerized by a man who was so flamboyantly gay?
    Well, you got the "mesmerized" part right. But in this case those aren't really traditional Republicans.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am a very, Very, VERY, socially and economically CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN who happens to register as a republican. I believe That the Bible says that sodomy is a sin, as are murder and little white lies, there is no difference.

That being said, Tolerance is a christian principle, Matthew 7:1-4 (KJB) Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? And Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

As far as this man is concerned his message is the important thing. I told a lie once.

To steal from MLK Jr.
    I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.Read more at: I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will... - Martin Luther King, Jr. at BrainyQuote

Not shouting Caps for emphasis only.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I would like to see a video made that showed protesters from Ferguson and from LA (Rodney King riots), and perhaps a few of the BLM protests, maybe some of the audio from those, if any, and overlay that with MLK giving that speech, specifically reciting his dream.

Content of their character, indeed.

...from MLK Jr.
    I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.Read more at: I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will... - Martin Luther King, Jr. at BrainyQuote

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I infer you are judging character not prejudging.

Prejudging would be judging without evidence. Seeing what Ferguson looked like after the riots there, and seeing the damage done to stores not owned by Koreans in LA, and to people such as Reginald Denny, I think, constitutes evidence for my opinions as to the impact of such a video.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I may be wrong but, I must believe that you are not judging all by the actions of some.

Also that Dr. King Jr.'s desire to see blacks become contributing members of society has been derailed by race baiters and politicians.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I may be wrong but, I must believe that you are not judging all by the actions of some.

Also that Dr. King Jr.'s desire to see blacks become contributing members of society has been derailed by race baiters and politicians.

Of course not. I'm judging only the actions of those who rioted, those who seem to desire to be classified only by the color of their skin. To that point, there should never have been a "Black Lives Matter" movement, nor a White Lives, nor Asian Lives, nor any other. ALL lives matter. Period, full stop.

I cannot argue with you regarding the race baiters and politicians. Dr. King would be ashamed of them.

ETA: I also don't care what the skin color of the protester is. Basically, if you're throwing a molotov cocktail, or otherwise comporting yourself as a sub-human, that is how you deserve to be treated. Respect is earned.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I agree completely.

"All lives matter" has been declared hate speech.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I agree completely.

"All lives matter" has been declared hate speech.

Sure it has. When you have no way of denouncing the opinion without calling yourself a hypocrite, you have to say SOMEthing. It used to be that if you didn't like Obama, it HAD to be "because he's Black". I actually got accused of that in the 2008 election season. They had no answer when I said, "Nominate Alan West or Walter Williams or even Condi Rice, I'll consider them."

And if "All lives matter" is now hate speech, fine. Label me a hater, and with that criterion, I'll wear the label with pride.

Just one question, BLM folks: "What lives DON'T matter?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom