• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I hope someone told her to take off her glasses.

Given what Jamil said about her profession, she had better keep the glasses...and get some side shields.

Anyhoo, there is a vocal portion of the deaf community that is against treatments for deafness. Don't know the percentage. Doubt it's most.

Like any other group of people, those just going about their lives and not yelling about themselves don't get noticed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Given what Jamil said about her profession, she had better keep the glasses...and get some side shields.

Anyhoo, there is a vocal portion of the deaf community that is against treatments for deafness. Don't know the percentage. Doubt it's most.

Like any other group of people, those just going about their lives and not yelling about themselves don't get noticed.

1. About "side shields". Did we stumble upon a barrister's fetish? Never mind. I don't want to know.

2. I often wonder if we were to converse face to face, I can expect to hear "anyhoo" as often. I think I'd be disappointed if not.

3. Interesting that an apparently "hearing" person feels she needs to speak for every deaf person. Maybe to her, the "deaf community" only comprises the people who think her way.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You guys see that video over the weekend of the deaf baby getting cochlear implants and hearing for the first time? Great right?

No. That's problematic.

How dare you treat deafness as a thing that should be fixed.

ju1hapmperuy.jpg

Her argument is since "many" people consider this not to be a disability that ought to be fixed, then no parent should snatch that disability away from their child? I gotta wonder of all the people that have had their hearing restored, the percentage that have regretted it. I'm betting that number is approaching zero.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    If one were so inclined, the question could be changed to... if you are a gay female, why the hell would you WANT to date a woman with a penis?
    But then, some people's head might explode.

Oh, I totally agree. I didn't mean to single out anyone in particular...I probably could have worded that better.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gasp!

But politifact (or maybe it was snopes) said that they could not find any evidence that Bill Nye ever said that chromosomes determine your sex.

Technically, I guess they're still right. He didn't actually say it himself on that show. But that's pretty ****ing dishonest.

The screencap spread around was inaccurate. The 1996 episode, however, did say that chromosomes determine if you're a boy or a girl.

I'd give Nye a break if he was talking about the very rare but clinically-accurate gender dysphoria situations. But given the super-cringe performance on his new show... it's obvious they're pandering to the very fake rebellious "gender fluid" fad nonsense.

Also, as long as history revisionism is popular.:

Google Redefines The Word 'Fascism' To Smear Conservatives, Protect Liberal Rioters | The Daily Caller

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    From an article at Mic.com, re: The ACA repeal not covering sexual assault cases (due to being pre-existing conditions):

"
    Other conditions like postpartum depression, being a survivor of domestic violence or having gotten a C-section could also be considered pre-existing conditions.
    "Most of the people who have C-sections identify as women, so that's a shorthand for a gender discriminatory policy," Physicians for Reproductive Health advocacy fellow Dr. Diane Horvath-Cosper told Elle."

"I see the benefits of ACA every single day," she told Elle. "I saw patients in my practice who had not been able to get health insurance for five, 10 years finally come in and get care because they could finally afford the premiums, or get maternity coverage."
    She added, "A majority of people who get pregnant identify as women, so that's gender discrimination, straight up."

I don't know many males that can have C-sections or that can get pregnant...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From an article at Mic.com, re: The ACA repeal not covering sexual assault cases (due to being pre-existing conditions):

"
    Other conditions like postpartum depression, being a survivor of domestic violence or having gotten a C-section could also be considered pre-existing conditions.
    "Most of the people who have C-sections identify as women, so that's a shorthand for a gender discriminatory policy," Physicians for Reproductive Health advocacy fellow Dr. Diane Horvath-Cosper told Elle."

"I see the benefits of ACA every single day," she told Elle. "I saw patients in my practice who had not been able to get health insurance for five, 10 years finally come in and get care because they could finally afford the premiums, or get maternity coverage."
    She added, "A majority of people who get pregnant identify as women, so that's gender discrimination, straight up."

I don't know many males that can have C-sections or that can get pregnant...

So. Let me get this straight. Anything that might prevent a woman from getting what she wants is automatically gender discrimination. "Straight up." Can't be any other possible reason. So, there's no fathomable reason they didn't cover those thing other than straight up gender discrimination. Because they obviously HATE women. There can't be any other reason.

What ****ing morons.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The sexual assault "pre-existing condition" nonsense came from a CNN article with two or three anecdotal examples from BEFORE ACA....

Which also operates under the assumption that this bill was repealing ACA and returning things to exactly how they were before ACA...

There is NOTHING in this bill (which doesn't even matter, since this bill is unlikely to be what passes the senate) about sexual assault. It's just an anecdotal assumption.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom