The Insane "Social Justice" Thread pt V...The Insanity is Insane.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hmmm... I thought it was just, ya know... Summer?

Some claims are far fetched. 90 degree temps in June are fairly rare in the North. I can acknowledge that. So that's not all that far fetched.

There's a claim that there are more record-setting hot temps in the last 50 years than the 50 years prior. And that's not far fetched either. Something they must acknowledge, though, is that this is the nature of record-setting. The last record set will always be after the previous record. So we expect record setting to trend towards lately rather than formerly.

However, something to acknowledge on our side, the coldest day records are standing way longer than the hottest day records. That implies it's hotter now than then. My position is, so the **** what? I'm not denying it's getting hotter. I'm not even denying that humans are the cause, though I suspect it's a highly dubious to proclaim with the confidence of a blue-haired screeching freak that it is.

Even so, is the consequence of higher temps greater than the consequences of all the life-destroying carbon neutral policies? That's the important question to me, and it's a question I do not trust to ideologues.

My answer, which I don't consider far fetched, is **** you. I'll keep my gas V8, my diesel tractor, I'll make my home as comfortably cool in the summer and warm in the winter as I please. I'll live and let live without a drop of guilt, and no sleepless nights contemplating my contribution to global warming. Freaking out about it would be far fetched.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So what is the course of treatment? Leaches? Or do we need to do a human sacrifice?
    Whoever wrote this crap is in serious need of mental health care. On the other hand, given the current state of health care, perhaps a course of leaches is called for ...
    waaa
    Paging Corrie Bush.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't think the problem with that dude is his profanity. Words are words. I see no fundamental difference between "we're gonna show them who the heck we are" and "we're gonna show them who the **** we are" other than INGO masks the f-word. And people's panties twist because one word is considered foul and the other not. Both statements say the same thing, but the f-word emphasizes it because saying **** is more intense than saying heck.

The problem with that dude is that he's spewing ********. I could have said nonsense. But I said BS for emphasis. But I might as well say nonsense because I had to tell you I said BS which degrades the emphasis. Because INGO centered me! :):

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Top Bottom