The Insane "Social Justice" Thread pt V...The Insanity is Insane.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wasn't sure where to put this, so here it is. I don't have a problem with what the judge did.

I have a problem
    She was there on a field trip.
    She didn't break a law.

Sounds like a judge on an ego trip, to me.

And apparently, I'm not the only one.
    He's been "removed from his docket" and ordered to undergo training.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wasn't sure where to put this, so here it is. I don't have a problem with what the judge did.

Nah. A 16 year old who doesn’t really care to be there has every right to fall asleep. I think if the judge is that butthurt he can ask her to leave. Making her dress in jail clothes and putting her in handcuffs? Nah. **** that judge and his authoritay. That scared straight **** was always a mythical cure for crime.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nah. A 16 year old who doesn’t really care to be there has every right to fall asleep. I think if the judge is that butthurt he can ask her to leave. Making her dress in jail clothes and putting her in handcuffs? Nah. **** that judge and his authoritay. That scared straight **** was always a mythical cure for crime.
    We had to do all kinds of **** we didn't care for when we were 16. Wasn't an excuse to be disrespectful, nor was it tolerated. Maybe he carried it too far, but the alternative sure hasn't been working these days.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We had to do all kinds of **** we didn't care for when we were 16. Wasn't an excuse to be disrespectful, nor was it tolerated. Maybe he carried it too far, but the alternative sure hasn't been working these days.
    Is she more likely to respect his authoritay now? If you don’t want people to fall asleep in your court during a field trip maybe be less boring about it. That he felt he had the authority to humiliate her ON A ****ING FFIELD TRIP, exposes his unfitness for the bench.

If she’s a defendant in her own proceeding, maybe she owes the respect due the bench. A field trip is a much different context.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is she more likely to respect his authoritay now? If you don’t want people to fall asleep in your court during a field trip maybe be less boring about it. That he felt he had the authority to humiliate her ON A ****ING FFIELD TRIP, exposes his unfitness for the bench.

If she’s a defendant in her own proceeding, maybe she owes the respect due the bench. A field trip is a much different context.
    She fell asleep because her mom kept her out all night according to the article. They're apparently homeless.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So how is that punishment helping her ?
    Okay, I give up. Y'all are right. How does any punishment help any kid? They should all get to do WTF they want, whenever they want, with no consequences whatsoever, because you know, they might get "embarrassed", or have their feelings hurt otherwise. I stand corrected.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Okay, I give up. Y'all are right. How does any punishment help any kid? They should all get to do WTF they want, whenever they want, with no consequences whatsoever, because you know, they might get "embarrassed", or have their feelings hurt otherwise. I stand corrected.

No.
    If someone is in a school bus going 1 mph over the speed limit, do you authorize the death penalty.
    That student did not ask to be there.
    That student BROKE NO LAW.
    That student DOESN'T HAVE A BED TO SLEEP IN.

So you're solution is to threaten to lock her up?

If a 5 year old wanders into your yard, do you execute them?

I'd say, the punishment here doesn't fit the crime, BUT THERE'S NO CRIME.

How do you not see that?

Top Bottom