JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    For those curious......

It should also be pointed out that Michelle Obama used her own experiences as proof positive of the benefits of affirmative action.

So, how did she do it? How did she get accepted to Princeton even though she did not have high enough test scores?
    A campaign official answered that question for Michelle:

A campaign spokeswoman says she had an edge getting into Princeton not because of affirmative action, but because her older brother was there as a scholar athlete.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I live 40 miles from here and this is the first I’ve heard of it. Not shocked, Rio Rancho is basically Albuquerque. Education ranked 51st in NM even behind D.C and farther behind than pre Covid. But we have time and money for all this woke ****.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh, there'll still be doctors and engineers. They'll just be taught by ClownWorld™ professors. This looks like more of an effort to replace sane teachers with woke ones.
    This rot is already infesting those schools. Earlier this year I posted a video of some medical school (I’m thinking Minnesota) was having their new doctors take an oath with a huge chunk of woke garbage in it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh, there'll still be doctors and engineers. They'll just be taught by ClownWorld™ professors. This looks like more of an effort to replace sane teachers with woke ones.
    If they can't figure out the boy/girl thing, they're not a doctor, no matter the plaque on the wall.

And if numbers/math is racist, then they're not an engineer.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm glad I'm older. If I'm younger, I can get still an older Doctor who's not bat **** crazy. But eventually attrition will weed them out if the medical .orgs don't do it first. But as it is, I don't think I'll outlive my somewhat sane doctor.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Sooner or later, Maxwell's Equations and all of the laws derived therefrom will be condemned as "racist" by the wokeistas, because Maxwell, Ohm, Volta, Ampere, Gauss, Faraday, etc. were all part of the "white European patriarchy".

It's going to be fun when "woke" electrical engineers decide that AC can "identify as" DC (and that "rectification" and "inversion" are "inherently current-ist").

E=IR
    V=L(di/dt)
    I=C(dv/dt)

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sooner or later, Maxwell's Equations and all of the laws derived therefrom will be condemned as "racist" by the wokeistas, because Maxwell, Ohm, Volta, Ampere, Gauss, Faraday, etc. were all part of the "white European patriarchy".

It's going to be fun when "woke" electrical engineers decide that AC can "identify as" DC (and that "rectification" and "inversion" are "inherently current-ist").

E=IR
    V=L(di/dt)
    I=C(dv/dt)
    Had an engineer at work design a control system DC .
    Then installed AC relays in the DC system .
    It actually worked for a bit over a year if I remember
    When it failed we found voltage dragged down.
    I was traveling to the other side of the mill to get a replacement power supply, cause my boss didn't think we needed a spare on hand, when the call came to turn around
    Buddy holds a Potter Brumfield relay up, and told me to look at the installed one.
    The new one had a clear case, you could see the guts.
    Every relay in the cabinet was cloudy, milky off white, and opaque.
    Then, looking at the case, it showed they were 20 vac, in a 20 vdc system.
    The engineer who designed it was there, and didn't see the problem

Last edited:

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Had an engineer at work design a control system DC .
    Then installed AC relays in the DC system .
    It actually worked for a bit over a year if I remember
    When it failed we found voltage dragged down.
    I was traveling to the other side of the mill to get a replacement power supply, cause my boss didn't think we needed a spare on hand, when the call came to turn around
    Buddy holds a Potter Brumfield relay up, and told me to look at the installed.
    The new one had a clear case, you could see the guts.
    Every relay in the cabinet was cloudy, milky off white, and opaque.
    Then, looking at the case, it showed they were 20 vac, in a 20 vdc system.
    The engineer who designed it was there, and didn't see the problem
    KRP11AN24 vs. KRP11DN24?
    What a difference a single letter can make.

I used a lot of KRP11AN120s in my time at Alcoa; some DN120s, and some oddball KRs too. We had an interface panel for the first-generation computer control of four of our Potlines that contained over 1800 KR-series ice cube relays. It first went online in 1966 with 8k of core memory and 32k of drum memory to control 600 electrolytic cells.

The site of the P&B headquarters building in Princeton Indiana next to US 41 is now the site of a Menards store.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom