• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The GF and I both love the Hooters chicken sandwich and for anybody that has never been inside of one because "It's one of those" types of restaurants I challenge you to visit one. You'd be surprised to find that the clientele is largely couples with a large percentage of those couples made up of two women. Analyze that!

No, the little orange shorts and tank tops only go so far. If the food isn't any good we'll eat somewhere else thank you very much.

Hold on there.
    Are you saying that Hooters also has food? :dunno:
    Who knew?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Linus Torvalds (the Linux guy) has adopted the "Contributor Covenant"... a code of conduct full of SJW language and Big Brother nonsense.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linu.../?id=8a104f8b5867c682d994ffa7a74093c54469c11f

One particular line: Maintainers have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.

Just an incoherent smorgasbord of free reign to remove any content.

TL;DR - Code that runs virtually every device on the planet is now directly subject to the whims of unelected comissars from San Francisco.

Also, his reasoning below:

Linus said:
    This is my reality. I am not an emotionally empathetic kind of person and that probably doesn't come as a big surprise to anybody. Least of all me. The fact that I then misread people and don't realize (for years) how badly I've judged a situation and contributed to an unprofessional environment is not good.

This week people in our community confronted me about my lifetime of not understanding emotions. My flippant attacks in emails have been both unprofessional and uncalled for. Especially at times when I made it personal. In my quest for a better patch, this made sense to me. I know now this was not OK and I am truly sorry.

The above is basically a long-winded way to get to the somewhat painful personal admission that hey, I need to change some of my behavior, and I want to apologize to the people that my personal behavior hurt and possibly drove away from kernel development entirely.

I am going to take time off and get some assistance on how to understand people’s emotions and respond appropriately.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    "I am going to take time off and get some assistance on how to understand people’s emotions and respond appropriately."

This guy's an engineer. He may need to take a LOT of time off. Like maybe the rest of his life.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    42058320_2083340818363083_4198346990154678272_n.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just out of curiosity how pervasive do you think the above, quoted belief, is? Like with many of the "flip a coin" examples, here, is first time I've ever heard of such.
    You don’t twitter, do you.

In everyday life I have never heard anyone utter such nonsense within earshot. But it’s pervasive in media and common on college campuses in especially progressive enclaves. I don’t think it’s a majority of students or even faculty, but what the students and faculty lack in numbers they make up for in magnitude of cringe and volume. I’m not saying it’s a prevailing attitude. I’m saying it’s really, really stupid. And it’s spreading.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I stick by my earlier statement.
    Before, it was, those darn Americans won't learn a second language, unlike most of the world. And it's all because they hate minorities.

Now, it's OMG, they're learning a second language.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom