Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Semmes, who also served in the Mexican-American War for the U.S. Navy, commanded the C.S.S. Alabama during the Civil War for the Confederate States Navy. The town of Semmes, Ala., is named after him, as is Semmes Avenue in Richmond.

Better get that changed, it's hurtful.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Speaking of hurtful, for us GenXers, the Soviet Union was the enemy. Mostly.

For those in former Soviet bloc countries, the imagery can be particularly painful.

Some even have laws about it.

Regardless, apparently WalMart is succumbing to pressure not to sell clothes with Soviet-inspired iconography.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45561541

This might be online-only, in which case this might be more "fake news" type stuff. But still, I think of it as SJWstuff.

So... I'm concerned that foreign feelings are dictating what can be sold on the open market elsewhere, including here in the US. The article isn't clear about the scope of this non-selling.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Speaking of hurtful, for us GenXers, the Soviet Union was the enemy. Mostly.

For those in former Soviet bloc countries, the imagery can be particularly painful.

Some even have laws about it.

Regardless, apparently WalMart is succumbing to pressure not to sell clothes with Soviet-inspired iconography.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45561541

This might be online-only, in which case this might be more "fake news" type stuff. But still, I think of it as SJWstuff.

So... I'm concerned that foreign feelings are dictating what can be sold on the open market elsewhere, including here in the US. The article isn't clear about the scope of this non-selling.

As a country that's known for killing commies, it would be a bad idea to were those clothes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This is a war prize....

10437656_10205044624409684_7001451789528410713_n_edited.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So Miss Piggy didn't have the hots for Kermit, and Gonzo didn't have a strange attraction to Camila the chicken?

I dunno. I guess I’ll chalk it up to your youth and inexperience living in the 70s. Ain’t no way anyone in the 70s wrote a Muppet characrer to be gay, unless the writer himself was gay and in his mind wanted them to be gay. As Sesame Street tweeted, they’re puppets. This writer didn’t even invent Bert and Earnie. He didn’t even write for the characters until 1984. I suspect he’s been caught up by the spirit-cult of progressive insanity and is signaling his virtue for all to worship. I mean. Doesn’t his virtue just make you all tingly inside? What a win for all LGBTS.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I dunno. I guess I’ll chalk it up to your youth and inexperience living in the 70s. Ain’t no way anyone in the 70s wrote a Muppet characrer to be gay, unless the writer himself was gay and in his mind wanted them to be gay. As Sesame Street tweeted, they’re puppets. This writer didn’t even invent Bert and Earnie. He didn’t even write for the characters until 1984. I suspect he’s been caught up by the spirit-cult of progressive insanity and is signaling his virtue for all to worship. I mean. Doesn’t his virtue just make you all tingly inside? What a win for all LGBTS.

Weren't the Bert and Ernie characters based on their namesakes from "It's a Wonderful Life"?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Trust me on this.
    The writers and the puppeteers were all gay. Then and now and so was their agenda. It's just easier to get away with it now.

I've worked backstage on a few Muppet Live "Offshoot" shows in L.A.. The shows were basically a collection of all the deranged ideas and ongoing jokes that all the writers and puppeteers couldn't do on the air through the years. Don't get me wrong, they were frikin hilarious. Everything was sexual innuendos and blatant in your face perverted puppet trash talk.

My mouth dropped during the rehearsals when I first heard what the show was all about. It was weird watching these innocent Muppets cussing and humping and stuff. They were all the original (the ones still alive) guys and gals. And oh ya, most all were gay and not afraid to act it out on those shows.

I remember going home to my little girls that asked what daddy was working on. Am I'm like "Nothing" "Nothing at all".

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN

Not all. The whole thing sounds so disingenuous. They want to say how the puppets have no gender, but yet they are gay. Exactly how does that work? I’m so sick of the ridiculousness of “my people.” And by my people, I only mean the L and the G. Don’t care about the B either way, and I never signed up for the rest of the alphabet soup. Anywho, for them to say now that Bert and Ernie aren’t males is simply backtracking history to fit a new(ish) agenda.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not all. The whole thing sounds so disingenuous. They want to say how the puppets have no gender, but yet they are gay. Exactly how does that work? I’m so sick of the ridiculousness of “my people.” And by my people, I only mean the L and the G. Don’t care about the B either way, and I never signed up for the rest of the alphabet soup. Anywho, for them to say now that Bert and Ernie aren’t males is simply backtracking history to fit a new(ish) agenda.

Same way its just a clump of cells. They think what they want regardless of fact. (no we arent debating that, just using another disconnected example of the left)

And no way can they claim the puppets are genderless. Prarie Dawn isnt a girl? Are they REALLY going to say that? I'm sure I can relatively easily find some script language that says otherwise. Yes, they do have genders. Well, except maybe some of the monsters.

My response to it is "yeah? We've known it for years. So?"

Oh, and Bert Is Evil. :): Love that site. (NSFW)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom