Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Alt-Right is Taking Over Renaissance Fairs - The Daily Beast (Archive link)

White supremacists and Neo-Nazis are infiltrating the LARPing community and the professional sword-fighting realm to push an imagined narrative of an all-white Middle Ages utopia.

People throwing around these "alt-right", "neo-nazi", "white supremacist" terms are deliberately polluting language to suit their ends.

Also... "...the medieval past was multiracial, multifaith, and multicultural".... How wrong you are.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Also... "...the medieval past was multiracial, multifaith, and multicultural".... How wrong you are.
    I suppose it depends where in the word you were, during that time. The Mediterranean and North Africa (as examples) were pretty mixed. Hence, all the warfare. The central stronghold of most any empire was pretty homogeneous.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sarah Jeong has joined the New York Times Editorial Board.

I'd like to think her following tweets are something they didn't know about, but thinking about it... they were probably part of her resume.

And here's an image with some of her general anti-white/anti-male sentiments: https://i.imgur.com/QWvwNDk.png

Sarah Jeong said:
    Hey #GamerGate I hate all gamers and all men and my mission in life is to ruin video games and make you vacuum the living room already.

Hey #GamerGate I'm not going to rest until it's illegal to be a man and http://battle.net is abolished and "game" is a censored word.

Hey #GamerGate I'm going to amend the Constitution so facial hair and cheetos are illegal, life will be a living hell 4 u and I'm glad.

I drink male tears with champagne. Long live misandry and the misandrist empire that controls games journalism! #GamerGate.

Breitbart played a key role in Gamergate. Congratulations, America, you put Gamergate in the ****ing White House.

Last December I wrote about how Gamergate had fed into the present excesses of the alt-right we see today.

First they came for black women, then for white women, then for the whole world.

Dumbass ****ing white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants.

It's interesting to watch the reactions of white male programmers to the case for diversity. V competent ones generally do the same thing: 1) react with horror and hella feels 2) embrace the concept of white male privilege to explain why they work with so many useless idiots.

If yr rage tends to target white women probably start questioning why you don't drag white men more often.
    White women **** up but they're still relatively easier targets bc social context etc etc etc.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Honestly, not sure what thread this should go in... but some of these topics have been posted here before. I have a feeling this thread will be busy today... just feels like a particularly SJW'y kind of day.

"TheQuartering" is a comics/M:TG YouTuber known for his discussion of issues related to ComicsGate, identity politics in comics and Magic: The Gathering, and similar issues.

He has posted two videos claiming he was attacked at a bar near GenCon downtown. One of the videos is a livestream immediately following the incident (not of the incident itself), where Jeremy is explaining what he claims happened. That video was deleted, but another vid is here. Shows a broken window downtown, and he asks some "witnesses" to confirm what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yst30wdSzQ

Summary:

The attacker stood behind him and asked him if he was Jeremy
    Jeremy replied yes
    The attacker then attacked him from behind, hitting him 7 times according to Jeremy
    Jeremy's property was damaged, including his shirt, his glasses and his 'speakers' (?)
    The attack apparently occurred right outside a bar (Jeremy named the bar in the Livestream video, though I won't name it here)
    A window was broken in the attack
    Jeremy was drinking with some friends at the time
    It took three guys to get the attacker off him
    There were some Gencon staff nearby
    The bar's general manager asked Jeremy not to call the police
    Jeremy did call the police, when they arrived they apparently did not take him seriously, and Jeremy claims that the police laughed at him and said that they can't do anything
    Jeremy claims the incident should be on the bar's video camera but states that the bar wasn't interested in helping him
    The attacker is apparently a Gencon attendee as he was wearing a 4-day pass, he was also wearing a 'rainbow' sleeveless t-shirt apparently

Obviously none of these claims are verified. Says he wants to leave Indy, doesn't feel safe at Gencon. Says cops didn't help.

Meh, just sharing since it has ties to SJW movements and Indianapolis, Gencon, current events.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    HovFznF.png

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not sure where to put this, too - and apologies, G, if you covered it someplace else.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-shazam-monster-society-of-evil-canceled/

Basically, here are the high points:
    - Shazam! is a DC comic hero that goes back to the Golden Era of the 1940s. (It didn't start out DC, but that is where it ended up.)
    - In an effort to compete with the Marvel movies, DC is releasing a movie of Shazam! (And it actually looks pretty good.)
    - Previously, they'd announced a hardcover edition of the early stuff.

Now, they're canceling at least one hardcover because of some depictions of Asian and black people. It was 1940. I've seen the panels, and it pretty much is exactly what you'd expect. Actually, it is kinda tame by comparison to some other stuff from that era.

Regardless, they are canceling it to avoid the inevitable SJW riot that requires things to be stripped of their historical context.

To me, this is actually a kinda worse "whitewashing" (not the Hollywood kind). Burying this kind of thing doesn't make it go away. It happened. We should all be aware it happened and recognize that it probably wasn't a good thing to do, even though it felt "right" at the time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sarah Jeong has joined the New York Times Editorial Board.

I'd like to think her following tweets are something they didn't know about, but thinking about it... they were probably part of her resume.

And here's an image with some of her general anti-white/anti-male sentiments: https://i.imgur.com/QWvwNDk.png

NYT PR has responded. This is bull****, however, given that the things she said were not replies or imitation. Just outright racism.

Djmz6MPXcAAWmX5.jpg:small

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    NYT PR has responded. This is bull****, however, given that the things she said were not replies or imitation. Just outright racism.

Djmz6MPXcAAWmX5.jpg:small

It’s not that she said it. It’s that she’s of the mindset of a person who would say that. And it seems that the NYT’s “candid conversation” is more to get her to hide who she is, and the bias with which she writes.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Honestly, not sure what thread this should go in... but some of these topics have been posted here before. I have a feeling this thread will be busy today... just feels like a particularly SJW'y kind of day.

"TheQuartering" is a comics/M:TG YouTuber known for his discussion of issues related to ComicsGate, identity politics in comics and Magic: The Gathering, and similar issues.

He has posted two videos claiming he was attacked at a bar near GenCon downtown. One of the videos is a livestream immediately following the incident (not of the incident itself), where Jeremy is explaining what he claims happened. That video was deleted, but another vid is here. Shows a broken window downtown, and he asks some "witnesses" to confirm what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yst30wdSzQ

Summary:

The attacker stood behind him and asked him if he was Jeremy
    Jeremy replied yes
    The attacker then attacked him from behind, hitting him 7 times according to Jeremy
    Jeremy's property was damaged, including his shirt, his glasses and his 'speakers' (?)
    The attack apparently occurred right outside a bar (Jeremy named the bar in the Livestream video, though I won't name it here)
    A window was broken in the attack
    Jeremy was drinking with some friends at the time
    It took three guys to get the attacker off him
    There were some Gencon staff nearby
    The bar's general manager asked Jeremy not to call the police
    Jeremy did call the police, when they arrived they apparently did not take him seriously, and Jeremy claims that the police laughed at him and said that they can't do anything
    Jeremy claims the incident should be on the bar's video camera but states that the bar wasn't interested in helping him
    The attacker is apparently a Gencon attendee as he was wearing a 4-day pass, he was also wearing a 'rainbow' sleeveless t-shirt apparently

Obviously none of these claims are verified. Says he wants to leave Indy, doesn't feel safe at Gencon. Says cops didn't help.

Meh, just sharing since it has ties to SJW movements and Indianapolis, Gencon, current events.

Some development on this.

Independent eyewitnesses have ID'd the alleged attacker as a guy in the industry, runs a game shop... wears "punch nazis" t-shirts... Now an effort to find him at GenCon and alert police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7SXqzUKOK0&feature=youtu.be&a=

Would be interesting to hear if any INGO LEOs were involved (or are involved) in this incident, and how their details may differ and shine more light on the situation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom