JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Still, CPT is a subjective thing.

Time is time it doesn't care who or what you are.
    Indeed.

However, timeliness is cultural. For instance, Germans are punctual, Italians are relaxed.

Speaking to the article, if a foreign professor is teaching in an American university, I would expect them to abide by American norms. Just like an American teaching abroad should follow the local norms.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wouldn't it be simpler and easier to identify things that are not racist? Based on our current status, we don't need to list anything.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OLD so I'm sorry if this is a repost...

VDtk0Xs.jpg

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/...expecting-people-to-show-up-on-time-is-racist

I suspect the military is racist.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If my alarm clock is racist, can I punch it until it bleeds?

That depends upon whether your alarm clock is both racist and a Nazi, or just just racist. It's okay to punch it if it's a Nazi. Of course, if you can make the case for your alarm clock being Literally Hitler, you have a lot more latitude in terms of punching and otherwise exacting social justice. From your alarm clock. Your racist, Nazi, probably Literally Hitler alarm clock.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Alt-right" is just the left-wing "fake news," a catch-all to ignore the substance of reporting/criticism of some person you personally dislike.

(My opinion - I don't think Sarah should be fired. I just think any company worth it's salt wouldn't have hired someone with her kind of racist views/history in the first place. By all means, if this is what the NYT wants... go for it.)

Djo5at1XoAEJSRi.jpg:small

Djo5at2WsAIL5xD.jpg:small

Djo5at0WsAAvzKR.jpg:small

Djo5at2XcAIBLF-.jpg:small

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, this is what people are "allowing".
    When are people going to say, "This is ENOUGH!"?

Competition over who is more of a victim or whose victim status trumps someone else's victim status was inevitable. Those who pushed the agenda are beginning to reap what they sowed and forced on the rest of us.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "Alt-right" is just the left-wing "fake news," a catch-all to ignore the substance of reporting/criticism of some person you personally dislike.

(My opinion - I don't think Sarah should be fired. I just think any company worth it's salt wouldn't have hired someone with her kind of racist views/history in the first place. By all means, if this is what the NYT wants... go for it.)

When you create a monster, don't be surprised when the other side tries to turn it against you. That's what the left has done. But when the non-left tries to hold them accountable to the same standards they've erected, they scream and squirm.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Djo5at2WsAIL5xD.jpg:small
    The source was Sarah Jeong. She’s not alt right, but her tweets were racist and sexist.

But I agree, that if the “paper of record” now wants to be associated with a racist, they shouldn’t fire her. They should proudly defend her, and their decision to hire a bat-**** crazy racist. Then we’ll all know where the NYT priorities are.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The source was Sarah Jeong. She’s not alt right, but her tweets were racist and sexist.

But I agree, that if the “paper of record” now wants to be associated with a racist, they shouldn’t fire her. They should proudly defend her, and their decision to hire a bat-**** crazy racist. Then we’ll all know where the NYT priorities are.

And give this thread a look: https://twitter.com/redsteeze/status/1025354199574433798

Redsteeze said:
    People trying to get Sarah Jeong fired yesterday for her racist tweets completely missed her awesome tweets about her new coworkers. NYT Christmas parties are going to be lit as ****.

*a bunch of old tweets of Sarah trashing men (now her co-workers) at the NYT*

People should really learn to have more fun with old tweets, is what I’m saying. You wanted a quick scalp. You didn’t think it through. Every man that has has to work with her at the NYT is going to have to go to work in a giant hamster ball.

In summation, digital lynch mobs = bad. Uncomfortable work environment at the New York Times = good. Be better people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Christmas parties is racist. And White. And patriarchal.

But anyway, the NYT hired a racist. And then they doubled down on it. And I get it. No one wants to buy the NYT in print. No one wants to subscribe online. They have to live off of click-based ad revenue. So they have to get clicks. They hire a racist, sexist, *****, who purportedly has writing chops, and she’ll likely get clicks. Way more people will click on her first major NYT article now with all the publicity.

The biggest cost to the NYT is their credibility. They just lost it. As Eric Weinstein tweeted, they don’t get to be taken seriously anymore when publishing articles about racism now that they’ve hired one, and defended her. But they’re going to make money on it. The National Enquirer makes money too. How far the mighty “paper of record” has fallen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom