• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    To be honest, there is a little something to that. But I’d say that its more an issue of poverty than specifically race. Making energy and making stuff is dirty. No one wants dirty in their back yards. Residential areas adjacent to industrial areas are often the cheapest areas to live because of that. So the poorest people often can only afford the areas with the dirtiest air.

Of course living anywhere around Louisville you’ll be smelling some nasty air no matter on which side of the tracks.
    I imagine that a higher percentage of POC live in metropolitan areas as well. The air is much cleaner where I live in the country than the air where I work in Chicago. Something about 8 million people packed into a small area causes a lot of air pollution.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is the lesbian thing just for niche SJW appeal, or was Batwoman ever canonically gay?

'Batwoman' TV Series in the Works at The CW

The CW is looking to expand its DC Comics world.

The network is teaming with DC's small-screen universe mastermind Greg Berlanti to develop Batwoman as a TV series. The character of Batwoman will officially be introduced in December as part of The CW's annual DC series crossover event.

Batwoman revolves around Kate Kane, who, armed with a passion for social justice and flair for speaking her mind, soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence. But don't call her a hero yet: in a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham's symbol of hope.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    These CW DC superhero shows are big into the gay thing.

...and "Batwoman"? I'm not so sure there is a canonical "Batwoman". Batgirl, I am familiar with and Yvonne Craig got me through many a confusing night as a youth.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I imagine that a higher percentage of POC live in metropolitan areas as well. The air is much cleaner where I live in the country than the air where I work in Chicago. Something about 8 million people packed into a small area causes a lot of air pollution.

You know that if just 10% of those people are farting at any given time that in itself would account for a big part of poor air quality in any urban setting!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DiUzfcJU0AAGDLm.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Say what you will about Breitbart... I don't think they should be classified as "hate speech".

This is Virgin Media blocking Breitbart on their network in the UK.

DiU8HCIW4AUACac.jpg:small

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A [STRIKE]fat[/STRIKE] plus-sized fashion blogger sets out to make a point to all of the body shamers out there by setting up a bikini photo shoot in the middle of Times Square to prove large women can be sexy.

She says she was prepared to deal with comments from "haters" but was not prepared to actually be cat-called.

So to recap, woman makes huge public spectacle to prove large women can be sexy, gets outraged when men agree.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-...nd-lazers-times-square-bikini-photo-comments/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom