• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oh hey, it's this story again. Same ****, different company.

So, again... he isn't calling anyone the word. He's using it in a conversation about PR and handling PR.

Papa John’s founder accused of using racial slur in conference call

He delivered my first Papa John's pizza in 1986 at Danny Boys Bar in old Clarksville...His cousin Eric, who I was friends with, was a fireman and tended bar part time...We were going to order a pizza and Eric said, "My cousin John just started selling pizza's out of his dad's bar Mick's Lounge...Give him a try..."

We did...He sat with us while we ate it...He asked my opinion and I gave it to him...Not complimentary...He didn't get mad...I remember his exact words..

"I use fresh ingredients...your taste buds are not used to that...They're used to canned paste like Pizza King......"

If I had it to do over again I would have given him every penny I had....

True Story...

Micks-600x429.jpg

1403275719-papa-johns-founder-i-am-the-american-dream-john-schnatter-5.jpg

From this location.....

our-story-1985.png

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    So what we're saying is that if I say something akin to "It's wrong to call anyone ___________ " I'm a racist for using the word in that context.

Oh boy.

According to the zero tolerance crowd, yes.

This was discussed earlier (likely in the same thread) about what seemed like, at least on the surface, to be the same type of situation. People complained and executive was fired.

I am a firm believer that context matters, but there were even some members here arguing that certain words should never be used in any context.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

This was discussed earlier (likely in the same thread) about what seemed like, at least on the surface, to be the same type of situation. People complained and executive was fired.

I am a firm believer that context matters

Intent is everything. The headline is such bull****, saying he's "accused"... as though it's an actual crime to utter the word.

but there were even some members here arguing that certain words should never be used in any context.

Were.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I am a firm believer that context matters, but there were even some members here arguing that certain words should never be used in any context.
    After going back through the discussion from a few weeks ago, it appears I may have missed some nuance in a comment that I was thinking of when I wrote this earlier.

I believe the point being made was that the best way to get offensive words to fade from the vernacular would be for everyone to stop using them, rather than accepting their use amoung certain demographics.

This is much different than advocating for a blanket ban on the use of a word. See, because context matters. :D

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e-social-justice-thread-ii-5.html#post7567991

Intent is everything. The headline is such bull****, saying he's "accused"... as though it's an actual crime to utter the word.

Were.

I wasn't referring to any members that are not currently active. So I want to make it clear that was not a reference to Kut, nor do I recall him ever advocating for any type of blanket ban on language. Admittedly, I did only skim through his responses to the discussion, because it wasn't his comment I was thinking of originally.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what we're saying is that if I say something akin to "It's wrong to call anyone ___________ " I'm a racist for using the word in that context.

Oh boy.
    Yes. That’s correct. If you’re not black, using it in any context makes you a racist.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    He quoted what colonel sanders said as an example of extremes said without backlash and he has to resign? Absolutely stupid.

i’m trying To be keto and I am going to order pizza from them tomorrow. BS

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That's child abuse.
    Should have seen the video of that poor kid dancing sexually in the parade. I couldnt watch more than a few seconds after I seen what it was. It was on some news thing I saw. Unreal. Truly is child abuse or exploitation. Children should not be exposed to sex or sexuality like that. It makes me sick.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Damned white people and their...

*breaks out the Ouija board*

80's nostalgia.

Dh3YWqUW0AA6bcZ.jpg:small
    The cool black guy with a limp in the crocodile Dundee movies didbt look like that, so I guess the 80's didnt just belong to white people lol.
    When people started crying racist and **** I just look at them like a bunch of dumb mon.... oh wait I cant use that word to describe a black person or I'm a racist, even though i use it to describe white people too. So when people start throwing the racist word around I just look at them like a clown.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom