• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    The rates are "abysmal", but they have been increasing for at least the last 10 years.

And... schools are spending a fortune to drive that rate up.

My 4 kids all did it in 4 years. First one started college in 2000 and graduated in '04. Last 2 started in 2011. One of them finishe din December '14 and the other in May, 2015.

4 years is still possible, but they have to focus and keep on track.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    If you can’t maintain an average of 15 credit hours per semester...you probably shouldn’t be enrolled full-time in university.

I graduated Purdue in 4.5 years, but only because I did a one-year Co-Op program.

Being an out-of-state student taking on loans has (should have?) a way of motivating you to get your degree the eff done...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I am sure I helped skew the average, many moons ago. Took me about 6 years to finish a BS degree.

A) I was a terrible student the first year or so. Commuting to campus didn't help.
    B) I payed my way as I went. Hard to carry full-time credits and a full-time job. Besides, I could only take the classes (with the books) that I could afford.

Personally, I think I am a better person for it. You only understand the value of something if it earned through sweat. Trust me: you haven't sweat until almost everyone in the class has turned in their final exam in Organic Chemistry, and you are only on page 2 pf 5..... there is 20 minutes left on the clock, and you swear to all things Holy that these questions were never, ever covered at any time during the semester. And this is a required course for your major, that cost you over a grand to take (tuition, books, lab fees), and if you have to re-take, it will set you back a whole year. I swear I almost had a stroke that day. Got a solid B on the test, though.

Funny thing: I have worked in Higher Education ever since. The industry certainly has its issues.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This tweet is in response to another Twitter user doing the "OK" symbol.

This person is a Scottish journalist. A journalist subtly threatening a nobody.

D6xiAuiWsAEOfH8.png:small

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This tweet is in response to another Twitter user doing the "OK" symbol.

This person is a Scottish journalist. A journalist subtly threatening a nobody.

D6xiAuiWsAEOfH8.png:small
    I think the “ok” gesture has also been co-opted as a blanket sign to trash innocent people that aren’t white supremacists and racists.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think the “ok” gesture has also been co-opted as a blanket sign to trash innocent people that aren’t white supremacists and racists.

Yeah, I don't get it, this guy is a Scottish journalist in Finland, seeking out Finns to intimidate. But they're the bad guy for saying, "OK" non-verbally.

:n00b:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/teacher-plants-ammo-to-scare-school

And another nutter teacher. (plants 9mm round in stairwell...in front of security camera...comes back and "discovers" it)

So, just another faked hate crime. This one to frame gun owners.

No, not quite. In this case creating a bogus excuse out of whole cloth to get tighter security.
    "We need metal detectors."
    "No we dont, they are expensive and we have never had anyone bring bullets or guns into the school before."
    "Not yet?" (hold my beer)

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    No, not quite. In this case creating a bogus excuse out of whole cloth to get tighter security.
    "We need metal detectors."
    "No we dont, they are expensive and we have never had anyone bring bullets or guns into the school before."
    "Not yet?" (hold my beer)

And how precisely is that different from *every* other faked hate crime? They all believe that they are justified in framing a target group to prove that they really are dangerous.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When did 7.62X25 become hip? I guess everything old is new again works with ammo as well.
    I thought 9x18 Mak was hip. I have really noticed that when there's a "gun crime" story on our local station (WTHR) they've been showing a Mak or variation thereof in their stock photo image.

Hipster-Kitty-Makarov-Open-Carry.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom