Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    America is too obsessed with race. We would be so much better off if we didn't care about it. But that's "racist" to even say. So they've socially prohibited the very solution to the problem.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This seems overly statist. You can already support non-factory farms receiving enhanced pricing for a clean product by how you shop, you don't need the state to outlaw factory farming. The results of that would likely be to price the low income portions of the population out of the market for certain foodstuffs due to scarcity, not create a marketplace where such foodstuffs are available to everyone

If the free market isn't free, the boundary conditions are "Let them eat cake" and "From each according to his abilities to each according to his needs" and both devolve into practically everyone is poor and the poor get ****ed

As far as Ag-Gag, what little I know of laws actually on the books is that they are directed at the use of false identities to seek employment with an organization for the express purpose of filming and editing footage to advance an agenda. They are reacting to what locally is felt to be business people being subjected to propaganda and tried in the court of public opinion.

In the end, the previous owner of that steak or drumstick you may be eating was killed to obtain it. Farming will always contain a certain level of cruelty, a goal to minimize that is only marginally compatible with the postulated goal of these organizations to drive businesses into bankruptcy

Even though I'm pretty sure animals aren't being killed at your workplace (except maybe on that secret altar in the basement) would your employer welcome people using false identities to hire on and then surreptitiously filming the workplace? I think not. And if this sort of thing became a big enough problem for your owners, I suspect they would leverage whatever influence they had with their representatives to try to put a stop to it

I'd be much more worried about Monsanto being allowed to patent a genome than any law to shorten PETA's leash

I'm definitely not a farmer, I only play one in games.

I understand that it would probably be a devastating hit to the meat industry if people really saw how the sausage was made. There might be a middle ground between how Chris Pratt raises and eats his animals, and how factory farms are. One is overly humane, the other is overly disgusting and inhumane to the max. It's a product of max efficiency, max profit... and I can't really see a world where it goes away.

The "hurt the poor" is the argument I usually see when it gets brought up. Probably not wrong, but how'd we get to this point in the first place? Just the capitalist race to maximize profit? I just find it weird that factory farms slipped in there and somehow became "okay". One of those things we just try not to look at because we all benefit from it.

I love my meat. I'd love for it to all be raised right, and not in those conditions. I'd love to hunt my own meat one day. But seeing what happens in those places... let's just say I can understand why vegans become vegan.

Ag-Gag... I've heard it more as people wanting to blow the whistle on what's going on in the seedy underbelly of farming... and being silenced. I don't know what the "false identities" thing is about.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, walls of text in this thread must pay the Insane SJW tax.

Here's mine :)

D4td8m2WAAEkDKq.png:small

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Most Ag-gag laws that have survived court challenge criminalize using a false identity/false pretenses to gain access to the farm they wish to mob shame

Most telling is that the ASPCA has criticized a proposed Colorado law requiring reporting of cruelty within 48 hours of when it is detected because it wouldn't give them enough time to gather the evidence they wish

It's not about the cruelty, it's about the shakedown. ACORN/PUSH business model

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm definitely not a farmer, I only play one in games.

I understand that it would probably be a devastating hit to the meat industry if people really saw how the sausage was made. There might be a middle ground between how Chris Pratt raises and eats his animals, and how factory farms are. One is overly humane, the other is overly disgusting and inhumane to the max. It's a product of max efficiency, max profit... and I can't really see a world where it goes away.

The "hurt the poor" is the argument I usually see when it gets brought up. Probably not wrong, but how'd we get to this point in the first place? Just the capitalist race to maximize profit? I just find it weird that factory farms slipped in there and somehow became "okay". One of those things we just try not to look at because we all benefit from it.

I love my meat. I'd love for it to all be raised right, and not in those conditions. I'd love to hunt my own meat one day. But seeing what happens in those places... let's just say I can understand why vegans become vegan.

Ag-Gag... I've heard it more as people wanting to blow the whistle on what's going on in the seedy underbelly of farming... and being silenced. I don't know what the "false identities" thing is about.

Isn't it ironic that "the poor" used to be the main producers of the meat that they consumed? Granted, raising livestock in an urban environment isn't really an option. :):

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Going way back to the most recent Alex Jones appearance on Joe Rogan... here's an animation of a segment of it.

Really love how they implement the background noises into the motions.

Language, obviously. Very funny.

[video=youtube;ZYlxZtgqt60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYlxZtgqt60[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Justin Roiland, co-creator of Rick & Morty, deleted his tweet about anti-white extremists in college because some guy who co-hosts a Simpsons podcast oof and yikes’d him.

("oof" and "yikes" are part of the SJW canned reactions to things they consider wrongthink.)

I remember seeing Roiland's tweet over the weekend, saying something like "extremism exists on both sides" in response to an anti-white speaker at a college.

I remember in the top 5 responses to him, 3 were a variation of "oof" or "yikes"

Justin Roiland tweets about how ALL extremism is bad. Gets dogpiled by SJWs, deletes tweet.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No Country for White Men

D4unV0_UEAEfSEt.jpg:small

A quick goto on US population make up shows me African-American 12.7%, Latino and Hispanic American 17.8% and white, non-Latino or Hispanic at 61.3%. If they want to make it all about racial identity, it is hard to see how they can get anywhere without those awful white people

I'm interested to see how valid the woke = useful idiot trope proves out

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom