ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    STOP CHANGING **** TO FIT YOUR POLITICS

Netflix’s Saint Seiya writer shuts down his twitter account after fan backlash against main character gender swap.

Obviously the fans of the series disagree with you bastardizing their franchise... so your solution is run away from the problem.

During the past weekend, the streaming giant Netflix announced a CGI adaptation of popular manga and anime Saint Seiya.

The adaptation, which appears to be focusing on the first season of the anime, features a peculiar alteration: one of the main characters, Andromeda Shun, has been changed from male to female.

The series’ Writer and Producer Eugene Son justified the move on Twitter (before deleting his account altogether) by explaining that the idea of a group of dudes fighting to save the world with no girls around is outdated, also mentioning that the alteration was met with considerable resistance even within original publisher Toei Animation.

This is what happens when you give woke people free reign over your IP.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If people don't watch and complain, maybe some of these idiots will get the message. Quit changing :poop: to fit your prejudices. If you want a group with a girl, make a new one. Don't go and change one with an existing fan base and expect them to be OK with it.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    If people don't watch and complain, maybe some of these idiots will get the message. Quit changing :poop: to fit your prejudices. If you want a group with a girl, make a new one. Don't go and change one with an existing fan base and expect them to be OK with it.

Why the hell is Higgins a chick???!!!! How does that make any damn sense?

Stupid reboots...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why the hell is Higgins a chick???!!!! How does that make any damn sense?

Stupid reboots...

because its easier to get eyeballs in this genre using sex than finding a highly qualified actor and writers who can put an engaging character on the screen that people will like.

Not saying she isnt a good actress, FYI.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    sounds like a fun comedy show

tzgkphreou321.jpg

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    What's left to make fun of?
    There goes most all comedians material.

I suspect the usual: whites, conservatives, men, Christians, illegal immigration opponents. Oh, you think racism, sexism, anti-religion and being respectful/kind would exclude those topics? You aren't very familiar with people who have been defining "hate speech" recently.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What's left to make fun of?
    There goes most all comedians material.

I think it's time for me to start doing some comedy.

And I think I need to do it via podcast from my own web site, then no one can "de-platform" me when I fail to adhere to sliding scale of social justice.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

And I think I need to do it via podcast from my own web site, then no one can "de-platform" me when I fail to adhere to sliding scale of social justice.

You'd better plan on owning the domain hosting service and the server too. Also the service that distributes the podcast. Just having your own website doesn't prevent deplatforming. Hosting sites like Go Dadday, Host Gator, Amazon Web Services, etc. all have the ability to shut the lights off if they don't like your message.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, things might change if the funny comedians decide to stop doing comedy at those places.
    Let them start losing revenue, their requirements will change.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Who is your web host? Gab was kicked off of theirs. Have your own severs to host your content? Who is your ISP? They can deplatform you. On the internet, there is nowhere you are safe from being deplatformed.

That’s one of the things that scares the **** out of me about cloud services. Many tech companies are moving their stuff to the cloud because, frankly, they do everything better than just about anything in-house. AWS, Amazon’s cloud services, is kicking everyone’s ass. And companies are dumping their hardware and moving to the cloud right and left. So, what happens when all these tech companies are beholden to Amazon for their livelihoods, and Jeff Bezos decides he’s going to implement some social justice policies. They’re ****ed. That’s what happens. Conform or get off the platform.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

*See also: Adam Carolla and his “pirate ship”.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom