Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Every single character on that show is a stereotype. That's kinda the point. It makes fun of how we stereotype people.

The Simpsons are just deciding what market they want to cater to. I was their original market, but stopped watching years ago. I suspect they are trying to lure in the GenZ kids, with edgy, but not TOO edgy, comedy. Playing the middle is hard. Soft enough parents will let their pre-teens watch, but still "adult" enough to compete with the successful spinoffs on the cable-only channels.

Yes.
    All the characters are stereotypes.
    But I guess it's okay to make fun of them.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Why does the producer of "the Simpsons" hate Indian people?!?
    Right , like others have said all their characters are stereotypes, escpecially Homer. It's effing comedy....Good God, this is why comedians are pissed and shying away from colleges. I saw a thing with Chris Rock discussing it. I always thought Chris was ab;e to be funny AND make good social commentary in way that most could deal with, and sometimes learn from.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    **** a classic movie like Blazing Saddles could never have been made in this era. The brilliance of that movie was the way over the top satirical stereotyping,

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    You may recall Ellen Pao is the former interim CEO of Reddit.

Apparently the ability to think freely, have a different opinion, and challenge the consensus... is a bad thing.

Dqfm8tzXQAEzr7R.jpg:small

Dqfm8t0W4AAyVQW.jpg:small

Of course it's bad. Fool. She amuses me. She lost her lawsuit because nobody could imagine a rich white guy desperate enough to make a pass at her.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    **** a classic movie like Blazing Saddles could never have been made in this era. The brilliance of that movie was the way over the top satirical stereotyping,

You got that right! I recall the first time my 20something son saw Sanford and Son and All in The Family! He was like "They'd never let this on TV now"

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    On that scale even 'Ozzie and Harriet' or 'Leave it to Beaver' wouldn't be aloud to be aired.
    To many wemens makin sammiches.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The Three Stooges, Bugs Bunny, or Tom & Jerry either.

We went to the Artcraft over the weekend and the pre-movie cartoon was a Bugs Bunny 'toon about Bugs saving Hansel and Gretel from the evil witch. In the end the witch had turned herself into a hot rabbit babe that Bugs was happily walking away with. His final line was something like "I know, I know. . .but ain't they ALL witches inside?". I counted about a dozen things in the 'toon that wouldn't be allowed today but that last line blew everything else out of the water.

Sad what we are becoming.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

Guardian issuing apology/retraction and ability to operate threatened in 3, 2, ..........

We went to the Artcraft over the weekend and the pre-movie cartoon was a Bugs Bunny 'toon about Bugs saving Hansel and Gretel from the evil witch. In the end the witch had turned herself into a hot rabbit babe that Bugs was happily walking away with. His final line was something like "I know, I know. . .but ain't they ALL witches inside?". I counted about a dozen things in the 'toon that wouldn't be allowed today but that last line blew everything else out of the water.

Sad what we are becoming.

I recall that one. But it fits in with Bugs being a lovable rougue.
    Do you remember The Three Stooges with Curly and the Arab dudes with a water pipe? The guy tells Curly "You smoke waterpipe. It's good smoke", then Curly kinda wigs out. Wonder if that's still around. I'm certain Hossan, Chop! is not.
    Although maybe, just maybe, "Where's my hasenpfeffer?" is.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I don't know about the Stooges, but Woody Woodpecker wasn't putin up with any of that smokin ****. I almost fell off my chair when I first saw this, when I was watching it with my kids. Spit out my coffee and everything.

bathing-cut.jpg

I consider that a very educational episode.
    I love Woody. He's such a dick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom