• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Had one of my NEW Walmart tires and tube just swell up about 5 miles from home the other day and then rub the brake pad until it blew out before I could get home. So I'm waiting on two new OEM tires and tubes I ordered off the internet. Almost the exact same price as that Walmart crap.
    I got really frustrated with leaky tubes. I should not have to pump up the tires every day. The quality Goodyear tubes of my childhood are now just more inadequate Chinese garbage in a Goodyear box. I mail ordered the top Michelin tubes at almost $20 each. That was about 8 years ago. They still work, they do hold air and my tire pump and I really don't see each other much.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Skin tears take so long to heal.

I have a tree trimming story that is fairly irrelevant, but I'll tell it anyway. :D Several years ago. I bought a cordless chainsaw to take down some of the low limbs in the back yard so the lawn guys wouldn't have to duck so low. I leaned a ladder against the tree, went up, started cutting through a limb, and then the ladder, which apparently was not level enough, went out from under me. So I'm falling with a running chainsaw in my hands. I threw it as far as I could as I was falling, and it only took a little nick out of my left index finger. The chainsaw went in the garage sale, and I decided to leave the tree trimming to the professionals (or at least someone with some sense).
    Even a little chain saw is still a chain saw. I am glad you did not loose a finger or three.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Yup. This guy used to be my GP in Cedar Lake, IN. He is huge on the idea that sugar is sugar is sugar. So fruit, complex carbs, so-called "good" carbs, all break down to sugar. He's a bit wordy and arrogant, but he makes a good point. He has a whole series of videos, but this one is most relevant to this point.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Inspirational post! A few months ago, I saw that Ollie's had women's Lee Jeans for $7.99/pr, so I picked up four pair of size 16, my current size. Today I wandered in with my 10% off coupon looking for a space heater, and I noticed they still had the Lees. At that price, I picked up four pair of size 14 for down the road. I figure if I can get from a size 24 (3X) to a 16 (XL), I can certainly make it from a 16 to a 14 (L). I am so close to my goal of sizes with no X's!

1727972947726.png

Top Bottom