• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cummins513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Lowell
    Great to see INGOers involved in fitness. It's easy to look at your bug out bag and rifle and say you're ready for a SHTF scenario but overlook the ability to hike all day with your gear. Keep up the good work and exercise with purpose!

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Have any of you tried a Spiralizer or similar device that makes "noodles" out of veggies? I tried using my mandolin slicer with the julienne blades last night, with zucchini, but I didn't get the right thickness and I was getting too close to the blade for comfort! I'm thinking about investing in one, as my husband and I both liked the "zoodles", but I'm still researching them. https://www.amazon.com/Spiralizer-T...00GRIR87M/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Great to see INGOers involved in fitness. It's easy to look at your bug out bag and rifle and say you're ready for a SHTF scenario but overlook the ability to hike all day with your gear. Keep up the good work and exercise with purpose!

Since getting back into bicycling, I'm realizing that I really have let myself get out of shape- yikes! Nobody to blame but me- feels good to be doing something about it.

Cummins513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Lowell
    Have any of you tried a Spiralizer or similar device that makes "noodles" out of veggies? I tried using my mandolin slicer with the julienne blades last night, with zucchini, but I didn't get the right thickness and I was getting too close to the blade for comfort! I'm thinking about investing in one, as my husband and I both liked the "zoodles", but I'm still researching them. https://www.amazon.com/Spiralizer-T...00GRIR87M/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I've used a Vegetti before and they work well. Makes for easy substitution of noodles if you're watching your carbohydrate intake. I actually prefer noodles made from zucchini now because of the texture.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I've used a Vegetti before and they work well. Makes for easy substitution of noodles if you're watching your carbohydrate intake. I actually prefer noodles made from zucchini now because of the texture.

I bought the one I posted, got it yesterday, used it tonight. I'm loving it so far! Husband and I both enjoyed the Mediterranean-style dish I concocted with zoodles, olives, artichokes, a few other fresh veggies from the garden, olive oil, garlic and parmesan cheese. If anyone is on the fence about buying one of these, I suggest going for it. I am wishing I bought it sooner. Just hope it lasts a while. I'm going to try curly fries sometime...tossed with olive oil and baked, of course.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Thanks, Cindy. I may have to get one. My sugar is out of control. I need to cut out as many carbs as possible.

Last night I made something like chicken lo mein. It was very good. Heading out to the garden to sweat my butt off and see what's for dinner tonight. Husband mentioned going out for dinner, and I love going out to eat, but I feel bad if I have food to use up! I may take him up on that next time, especially if it's a work night!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Ive been trying to keep at working out regularly this month while my Personal Trainer has been on vaction. Given the weather this past month and the mosquitos, its been mostly inside. I've been hitting my kettlebells for various workouts. One of the basic ones is to use a timer, (I use the KKB Timer Pro) in 15 work/rest 30 second cycles. Teh time has a metronome that I have set for 20 swings in the work cycle. So, in 15 minutes, I get 300 swings in. ITs a surprisingly intense workout with most of the time in my cardio zone, usually 12 to 15 minutes.

I've added some ohter KB exercises in for another 15 miute cycle to work mostly on upper body stuff.

havent weighed in lately but it sure feels ike I'm tightening up and gaining some strength. Posture seems to be improving as well!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

I have, but I actually prefer spaghetti squash.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    This is my first appearance in this thread. 12 days ago I began what's known as the Ketogenic Diet. In a nutshell it's high (but good) fat, adequate protein and low carb, <30 or so and those are to come from green leafy things. No simple sugars. None. I have not had candy or a Mt Dew in 12 days and you know what? It's hasn't been bad. Only minor to moderate cravings, easily handled. Just got back from the Dr. I am negative 27 pounds from my May visit. Yeah, a lot of water, but that's part of the deal, swapping your body over to run on fat rather than carbs you end up not needing to hold as much water. Blood was drawn so as to keep track of vital things. I go back in early Sept.
    This has not been difficult at all, and why should it be when I have BACON and eggs scrambled in butter every day for breakfast? :rockwoot: In fact I am about tired of it and think I'm going to find some variety.

Top Bottom