• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Tried a new low carb pizza crust. Cauliflower! Made it from scratch. Not too involved but takes a little bit of time.

Shread/grate cauliflower florets and steam them. Dry and cool them next. Add 2 eggs, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup parmesan. Mix and then shape on a parchment paper covered pan. Bake @ 400° for 20-25 min. Remove from the oven and add your toppings. Bake for another 10-15 min.

It is really good. My young kids (6 & 8) even liked it.

The first one I made, the crust wasn't all that stiff so we ate it with a fork. I'm making another one now and will be adding about 3/4 cup of crushed pork rines.

I miss eating pizza but I really like the taste of this better than regular pizza now.

I'm down over 60 lbs since late February. I still can't believe how good I feel and my energy levels are so good. I sure don't miss the headaches or inflammation of my sternum either.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I thought I'd come in here and post about my brother. He's made some big changes to his diet and lifestyle and lost 70lbs (317 to 247) over the past 2.5 months. He's quit smoking, sleeping more, and started eating a mostly vegetables and lean protein diet.

This was all prompted by a physical related to his occupation. He seems much healthier. Not just physically but psychologically as well. His goal is 240 by December and 220 by the end of the year, if I remember right.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Now that I'm under the weight limit for SkyZone, I jumped tonight. Did quite a few flips. Felt like I was 16 again.

[video=youtube_share;8ZdBoAgMEHc]http://youtu.be/8ZdBoAgMEHc[/video]

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Just wanted to drop in a piece of info that has changed my life regarding foods/diets. If you are someone that has tried and failed multiple times with diets, you might be a good candidate for this as well. I've used this advice for a little over three weeks now and no longer fight daily temptations for unhealthy/excessive food. I've only been significantly tempted twice in that period and was able to "resist the pig" both times. It doesn't specify any particular diet (low-carb, low-fat, calorie counting, Paleo, etc), but gives you the mental tools to resist temptations to break your diet and eat poorly. It's not about using willpower, but avoiding even having to use willpower all the time to stay on track.

It is currently free for Amazon Kindle (not sure how long): Never Binge Again - Glenn Livingston

It has only been three weeks for me and I can't guarantee that this is a permanent change. But it addresses my repeated failure point- not understanding healthy eating and what I should do, but the continuous willpower battle that eventually leads to failure. Proper eating is simply no longer a struggle.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Tried a new low carb pizza crust. Cauliflower! Made it from scratch. Not too involved but takes a little bit of time.

Shread/grate cauliflower florets and steam them. Dry and cool them next. Add 2 eggs, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup parmesan. Mix and then shape on a parchment paper covered pan. Bake @ 400° for 20-25 min. Remove from the oven and add your toppings. Bake for another 10-15 min.

It is really good. My young kids (6 & 8) even liked it.

The first one I made, the crust wasn't all that stiff so we ate it with a fork. I'm making another one now and will be adding about 3/4 cup of crushed pork rines.

I miss eating pizza but I really like the taste of this better than regular pizza now.

I'm down over 60 lbs since late February. I still can't believe how good I feel and my energy levels are so good. I sure don't miss the headaches or inflammation of my sternum either.

Good job bro! Pretty soon, you'r going to have to change your screen name to MediumTanker

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Had to lay off the gym due to inflammation or artheritis. Back on MyFitnessPal to control weight after the layoff. Will start the gym soon but will have to scale way back. May need MRI to see if the shoulder pain is a rotator cuff issue. Sucks getting old.

Started at 239lb and now at 228, 28lb to go.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Around 205 right now which is the heaviest I've ever been. Fighting weight should be around 175-180 at this point in my life but I haven't done much training the past couple of years, in a large part due to injuries. Injuries are my biggest concern as I started breaking bones about a year and a half ago due to a severe vit. D deficiency. Had never broken a bone before throughout high school football basketball and track, construction work, boxing and kickboxing and a wide variety of dumbass activities so that really sucked.

Hopefully that has been remedied, but in my I'd 30s now I am not going to try to jump back into the thick of it like I would have five years ago.

Going much lighter of the sparring than I used to and also favoring kickboxing over boxing. There are a few intensity control limited guys I just don't fight anymore. Bought a total gym off Craigslist as I am not looking to add much bulk and it is really low impact on my joints. Also focusing on core muscles as I find myself somewhat flat footed at times when sparring. I have allways hated running, so other than a warm-up jog, I think I'm going to focus on the jump rope and agility drills for now.

Not going full blown ketogenic on the diet, but cut processed carbs out almost completely and limiting carbs in general. Sucked at first, especially the insomnia, but feeling better now. Will probably reintroduce more carbs once the scale starts with a 18. I have a long frame so at that point will want to add a little bulk.

Don't know if I will ever get back in the actual ring, but if no big setbacks maybe this fall for slugfest.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Around 205 right now which is the heaviest I've ever been. Fighting weight should be around 175-180 at this point in my life but I haven't done much training the past couple of years, in a large part due to injuries. Injuries are my biggest concern as I started breaking bones about a year and a half ago due to a severe vit. D deficiency. Had never broken a bone before throughout high school football basketball and track, construction work, boxing and kickboxing and a wide variety of dumbass activities so that really sucked.

Hopefully that has been remedied, but in my I'd 30s now I am not going to try to jump back into the thick of it like I would have five years ago.

Going much lighter of the sparring than I used to and also favoring kickboxing over boxing. There are a few intensity control limited guys I just don't fight anymore. Bought a total gym off Craigslist as I am not looking to add much bulk and it is really low impact on my joints. Also focusing on core muscles as I find myself somewhat flat footed at times when sparring. I have allways hated running, so other than a warm-up jog, I think I'm going to focus on the jump rope and agility drills for now.

Not going full blown ketogenic on the diet, but cut processed carbs out almost completely and limiting carbs in general. Sucked at first, especially the insomnia, but feeling better now. Will probably reintroduce more carbs once the scale starts with a 18. I have a long frame so at that point will want to add a little bulk.

Don't know if I will ever get back in the actual ring, but if no big setbacks maybe this fall for slugfest.

You can do it. If you cut out all processed foods, fruit and drink only water, tea and coffee, you will be set.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Doc put me on blood pressure medication. He is threatening to put me on cholesterol medication. Started again at about 249 and down to 228 and the doc said if I get down to 200 he could probably take me off medication.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm struggling here, but trying to hang on. One step forward, two back. But I'm on the elliptical every day, even if only for a few minutes.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    Two years ago I switched from a moderate manual labor career (Auto Technician) to a desk job doing sales and marketing. My weight shot up from 205, which on my frame is still pretty chunky, to 235 in two years. I am now halfway through my second round of 21-Day Fix, and I'm down 25 pounds. That's including a week at a business conference where I did still eat pretty close to the diet but those delicious southern Texas margaritas set me back a few pounds.

I hate to even say it, but I feel like its been pretty easy so far. The wife is doing it with me, actually it was her idea, and I am sure that is making a huge difference. Its pretty nice having a support staff in the same house.

Snap you may want to look into the diet. I've tried many diets over the years and I would lose 15-20 pounds before getting burnt out and giving up. The 21-Day Fix program is all about clean eating and portion control. It also seems to accept reality that you can't/won't be 'good' 24/7/365. So if you want that glass of wine or half a chocolate bar, there are substitution protocols in place so you don't have to feel so guilty about it.

More so than the weight loss on the scale or the inches lost on the measuring tape, I just can't believe how GOOD I feel after 5 weeks. The clean eating had made me a believer that processed food is at least partially to blame for so much of society's issues. I'm sleeping better, less aches and pains in the morning/evening, mental health is better, more focus at work and a huge increase in energy.

Bottom line, I have bought into the 'lifestyle' change hook line and sinker. I still have about 30 pounds to go before I transition into the maintenance phase but am greatly looking forward to it.

Top Bottom