• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Not everyone within a specific group and/ or religion is h*** bent on destructive behavior. People can have similar beliefs but yet not agree with each other 100% of the time. To each their own.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    What he posted is attributed and linked to usc.edu... Are you disputing the citation?

Yes, as the links do not constitute adequate citation for what was copied and pasted. Are you under the impression the poster authored the commentary? Or the CMJE at USC did?

In hoping for the latter as that would be a hoot.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    A few excerpts from the quran.....Now isnt this the book that muslims refer to for their religious guidance? ALL muslims? If you look at the quran how do you come to the conclusion that any Muslim is going to decide what passages are really important and which are just filler.

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-" This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is the Arabic word used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad and this is reflected in other translations of the verse).

Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..." Is pursuing an injured and retreating enemy really an act of self-defense?

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Quran (8:15) - "O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end."

Just from these few passages I dont see the out for the Moderate Muslim.

Rather than using Google to understand Islam... try quoting your own Bible

Luke 6:37

“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;"​

...and then don't be so self righteous. Christians commit as many acts of Terrorism as Muslims and there are less of them.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;"​

...and then don't be so self righteous. Christians commit more acts of Terrorism than Muslims and their are less than them.

*plonk*

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

...and then don't be so self righteous. Christians commit as many acts of Terrorism as Muslims and there are less of them.

(CNSNews.com) - Sunni Muslim terrorists committed “about 70 percent” of the 12,533 terrorist murders in the world last year, according to a report by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC).

The information comes from the 2011 NCTC Report on Terrorism, which is based on information available as of March 12, 2012.

“Sunni extremists accounted for the greatest number of terrorist attacks and fatalities for the third consecutive year,” the report says. “More than 5,700 incidents were attributed to Sunni extremists, accounting for nearly 56 percent of all attacks and about 70 percent of all fatalities.”

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sunni-muslim-extremists-committed-70-terrorist-murders-2011

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    (CNSNews.com) - Sunni Muslim terrorists committed “about 70 percent” of the 12,533 terrorist murders in the world last year, according to a report by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC).

The information comes from the 2011 NCTC Report on Terrorism, which is based on information available as of March 12, 2012.

“Sunni extremists accounted for the greatest number of terrorist attacks and fatalities for the third consecutive year,” the report says. “More than 5,700 incidents were attributed to Sunni extremists, accounting for nearly 56 percent of all attacks and about 70 percent of all fatalities.”

Sunni Muslim 'Extremists' Committed 70% of Terrorist Murders in 2011 | CNS News

Let's not muddy the Muslim apologetics with facts. Close your eyes and ears and deny all evidence. Only white Christians are guilty, ever.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Lucky, Have you read the Qur'ran cover to cover, or the Christian bible? Just curious, I have read them both. I am having trouble getting a copy of the Tao Te Ching in english to see what the Taoists actually believe. Since I have not yet personally read one, I will not make statements about the followers of Tao believe. I try not to take bits and pieces from online research. I know of no other person that has personally read the Qur'ran cover to cover that believes that the followers of islam can live harmoniously with people of any differing faith, especially Judaism and by extension, Christianity.

That single verse you quoted was out of a long teaching of attitudes of the heart. It does not mean that every belief in the world is correct. It is about not allowing a followers heart to harbor hate. For example, the mandated Hate of the act of Child molestation does not permit a person to hate the individual in the Christian belief system. It also does not dismiss you from the duty and responsibility from stopping, restricting and punishing the person who does these acts. Knowing righteousness demands that you judge, restrict and punish wrongdoing. The verse you site is also not the single focus of the Christian teaching. Seeking, Knowing , and acting on the truth is the overall theme of the Christian Bible. Recognizing the dangers, hate and aggression in other cultures is taught as prudent, not giving an order to stand silently and be victimized. Followers of Jesus are taught to spread this Gospel of Love without overlooking the need to see justice.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

The difference is simply this: violent people who claim to be Christians are defying Christ. Violent Muslims are following Muhammad.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I always thought the whole melting pot theory was a crock........Its only a matter of time before this powderkeg goes boom.

I believe you are correct. If it is to go "boom", then let it do so now while we realistically have the upper-hand. 20 years from now, it will be a battle we cannot win.

Dogdung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Why didn't you credit the source you lifted that from, or link there?

Why didnt you just click on the passage or verse number or whatever the hell they call it in the quaran.........Take ya right to it. Or maybe he found it in the outhouse as an alternative to the Sears and Roebuck catalog..:ar15:

Dogdung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    If you want to be a muslim fine with me.......I choose not to be. I dont want to talk to muslims associate with muslims or be around a muslim. You can tell yourself how wonderful muslims are, go adopt your ass a muslim, I dont give a crap.....Just dont whine when I refuse to follow your lead and accept the notion that all but a few muslims are just like me...Total Crap

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Exodus 32:27 through 32:39 is a nice little call to kill those not with the Lord of the Bible. Pretty easy to cherry pick for a bias, isn't it?

I suppose you also stone homosexuals and adulterers as the Bible calls for, right? Oh don't forget idol worshippers. Heretics as well. Just because it's in the book doesn't mean most people follow it, same goes for the Koran. Fact of the matter is the radicals are brainwashed. You know what is very common in the Middle East? Illiteracy, so when somebody shows up saying "The book says blow up Christians!" they believe him. Is it inspired in the name of their religion, most certainly. Is everyone in their religion like that? Most certainly not. Don't stereotype you illiterate, 8th-grade educated, white, racist, tobacco chewing, drunk, redneck. See how stereotypes work? I doubt any of those things are true, but see how easy it is to stereotype somebody you've never even met?

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Ya, all those Christians honor killing their daughters for dating or marrying outside islam......errrr I mean Christianity.

Top Bottom