• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    New to this thread but not new to gaming. Not a whole lot i've been playing lately to be honest. Just some world of warcraft (casual but still serious), a little destiny 2(xbox), League of Legends, Black Desert(not on steam), and BF1 on PC. If anyone is interested in adding my i will leave my names below.

freaks173 - XBox one
    Xxfreaks173xX - PS4
    Chocobullock#1850 - Battle.net/blizzard, steam, and LoL Launcher and MAYBE the Black Desert as well, it's been awhile.
    xxfreaks173xx - Origin

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh yeah, the Elder Scrolls games are good at that, at least Morrowind was for me. I like ArmA variations that have the same thing. Even helped develop some mods that help with that kind of experience.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh yeah, the Elder Scrolls games are good at that, at least Morrowind was for me. I like ArmA variations that have the same thing. Even helped develop some mods that help with that kind of experience.

FrostFall is sort of a core survival/immersion mod for Skyrim. Then usually surround it with other similar mods that work well with it.

So I was wandering around outside of Winterhold, freezing. I didn't have materials on me to create a campfire to dry off and warm up, it was a snowstorm, and I was slowly trying to make my way to the college to find shelter.

Well, I didn't make it. I keeled over, the screen went dark. Wasn't sure what was going to happen... I'd never passed out before from the elements. I heard dragging, shuffling, and a jingle of coins. I woke up at a makeshift tent in the wild next to a campfire and a bedroll. I had a message that I was missing some gold... implying someone found me there, dragged me to relative safety, and took some gold as payment.

Was a really cool and unexpected experience.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's cool. Are there "emergent behavior" type AI mods?

Was heavy into that for a few years. It is fascinating on the different ways to get AI to act more human. Perhaps pertinent to INGO, it involves strategic randomness. ;) :)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's cool. Are there "emergent behavior" type AI mods?

Was heavy into that for a few years. It is fascinating on the different ways to get AI to act more human. Perhaps pertinent to INGO, it involves strategic randomness. ;) :)

Sure are. Can have some wonky or interesting effects, but they tend to work. Immersive Citizens is one example. It attempts to give them more realism with how they react to what goes on around them. It's actually officially featured by Bethesda Game Studios.

Nexus Mods has a whole category for immersion. I like ones that modify the inns and taverns... make them more lively. Make you want to find them and actually have a seat, listen to the coversations around you. Those are pretty sweet. Can't remember the name of the mod I got a while back... but it added a bunch of fully-voiced NPCs to the game with huge lore built around them, really detailed stories and conversations.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If I had it to do over again, I'd add computer science as a major and go in that direction of software development. The technology of the late 80s, early 90s just didn't seem like it would happen in my lifetime.

Totally called that one wrong. :D

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If I had it to do over again, I'd add computer science as a major and go in that direction of software development. The technology of the late 80s, early 90s just didn't seem like it would happen in my lifetime.

Totally called that one wrong. :D
    That was where I was headed when I started. I took a big detour and ended up in networking/security. Working with lots of developers, I am happy I did.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That was where I was headed when I started. I took a big detour and ended up in networking/security. Working with lots of developers, I am happy I did.

Part of my problem was in taking computer science classes at a liberal arts university. :) Let's just say that curriculum was not a priority.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    New to this thread but not new to gaming. Not a whole lot i've been playing lately to be honest. Just some world of warcraft (casual but still serious), a little destiny 2(xbox), League of Legends, Black Desert(not on steam), and BF1 on PC. If anyone is interested in adding my i will leave my names below.

freaks173 - XBox one
    Xxfreaks173xX - PS4
    Chocobullock#1850 - Battle.net/blizzard, steam, and LoL Launcher and MAYBE the Black Desert as well, it's been awhile.
    xxfreaks173xx - Origin

What are your thoughts about D2? I used to play Destiny a lot until my first couple of Takken raids. I just lost interest. It just seemed too much like endless grind. Plus I kept hoping that the next DLC would bring an actual well-developed story line. I'd like to like it again as much as I used to like it. I hear the story is better, at least that there is an actual story. But I'm also hearing that there's still the endless grind buttressed by micro-transactions.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    What are your thoughts about D2? I used to play Destiny a lot until my first couple of Takken raids. I just lost interest. It just seemed too much like endless grind. Plus I kept hoping that the next DLC would bring an actual well-developed story line. I'd like to like it again as much as I used to like it. I hear the story is better, at least that there is an actual story. But I'm also hearing that there's still the endless grind buttressed by micro-transactions.

Destiny 2 is alright. I haven't been gaming much lately, been pretty lazy in general. It's good if you got friends to play with, otherwise you will just be getting stomped in PvP. From the sounds of it, the raid is trash. Just 3 puzzles and then one boss i think.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Destiny 2 is alright. I haven't been gaming much lately, been pretty lazy in general. It's good if you got friends to play with, otherwise you will just be getting stomped in PvP. From the sounds of it, the raid is trash. Just 3 puzzles and then one boss i think.

I didn't PvP much in D1. Mostly grinding strikes and occasional raids.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I've heard that argued maybe 20 or so years ago, except with music downloads.
    Yeah, me too.

I'm not convinced, but it is an interesting question. As interesting to me are the ways they try to measure/calculate/quantify the effect.

Top Bottom