• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    New Overwatch Animation, "Rise and Shine"

Seriously, Blizzard rivals Pixar with their quality.

[video=youtube;8tjcm_kI0n0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0[/video]

Don't get crazy GPIA. Blizzard is good, very good, but Pixar is just mouth-dropping Amazing. Specifically, the way they animate emotions... like in UP, Wall-E, or even Toy Story or Monsters Inc, unmatched.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Don't get crazy GPIA. Blizzard is good, very good, but Pixar is just mouth-dropping Amazing. Specifically, the way they animate emotions... like in UP, Wall-E, or even Toy Story or Monsters Inc, unmatched.
    True. That is the difference in the product. Pixar's focus is purely on the video. They have nothing else to worry about.

Blizzard has to focus on the game mechanics even above the video.

The ones I really find amazing are the modern day combination of CG and live action. It is really getting hard to distinguish them apart.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Have you guys been watching Eleague on TBS. Pretty fun to watch pros play Street fighter V and Counter strike go. Man I use to be so in these games.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Been playing a lot of No Man's Sky since the 1.3 update. The new questline adds a lot of meaning and story to the world, actually sort of interesting. Doesn't feel like an empty grind-fest anymore.

It certainly still has a bunch of nuances and bugs that need fixed... but they have since released 5 follow-up patches full of fixes and quality-of-life changes. Glad to see them going in the right direction a year after the sketchy release. Enjoying myself so far... trying to make my way toward the community-made "Galactic Hub" where players are congregating for a semblance of "multiplayer" as it's being slowly added.

Trying to finish Divinity: Original Sin, as well, since the sequel is out this week. Absolutely excellent classic RPG, fully-voiced. Really good, deep game that I just need to cut some time out to finish. Same with The Witcher 3... maybe Dragon Age... and my other hundreds-of-games-long backlog.

Overwatch latest update introduced a Deathmatch game mode. While I'm not a fan of the free-for-all one... the 4v4 TDM is a lot of fun.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Excellent content creator "Ahoy" published an hourlong video today on The Video Game That Doesn't Exist, POLYBIUS.

It was rumored to cause sickness, terrors, death... and have secret government agencies behind it.

[video=youtube;_7X6Yeydgyg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7X6Yeydgyg[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It could be a great game for all I know, but the community and developer just turn me off from it.

The fact that a streamer could get other players banned just by accusing them of "stream sniping", and bragging about it... leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There's absolutely no way to confirm a player is doing this, yet the developers support the streamers and just take their word for it, causing players to be banned.

wildcatdd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Noblesville
    It could be a great game for all I know, but the community and developer just turn me off from it.

The fact that a streamer could get other players banned just by accusing them of "stream sniping", and bragging about it... leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There's absolutely no way to confirm a player is doing this, yet the developers support the streamers and just take their word for it, causing players to be banned.

I hadn't heard about this going on, but that really sucks! I don't see the difference from games like H1Z1, but it seems to be one of the most popular games on Steam right now.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So apparently today is National Video Games Day.

I didn't know that was a day.

I really want to like this, but I don't see the point from emulators. Can you add more games to it, or are you stuck with the 21 preloaded?

Without modifying it, you are stuck with the games included.

The SNES one is a bit unique, since it includes the previously unreleased Star Fox 2. But of course, there's probably a ROM of it on the way.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Finally getting around to playing Divinity: Original Sin (Enhanced Edition). Probably the best cRPG I've ever played... and I haven't even played the sequel that just came out. Still enjoying the first one so much.

Really itches that RPG scratch. Apparently the new one has a sort of D&D mode, where a Game Master can make a map and story, and players can participate in the campaign while the GM does their GM stuff to influence it. Neat.

Also still playing No Man's Sky. The updates and fixes are pouring out, and I'm very happy to see they've gotten a hold on it a year later. It's a very comfy sort of game... just... calmly exploring space. Probably going to start another re-watch of Star Trek: TOS.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    The free weekend (2 weekends ago) on XBox for Skyrim along with the half price deal hooked me. Side missions galore, a dozen (more?) dragons downed and I still haven't talked to the Greybeards.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looks like Nintendo is stepping outside of it's comfort zone... confirming games like Doom and Gal Gun to the Nintendo Switch. Wonder if they're looking to get serious with the adult genres?

The free weekend (2 weekends ago) on XBox for Skyrim along with the half price deal hooked me. Side missions galore, a dozen (more?) dragons downed and I still haven't talked to the Greybeards.

Sometimes those are the best playthroughs. My most recent is just living in the world, ignoring the main quest. Got a bunch of mods that add survival aspects to it, more areas, side-quests, etc. Just an escapist delight.

Top Bottom