• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Overwatch launches in one hour, in case you're counting.
    I want to be excited but I think this explains it nicely :D

Facebook-Overwatch-bmp-19a511.png

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I want to be excited but I think this explains it nicely :D

While I get the angle, I'll explain for those that haven't tried either.

All the TF2 archetypes definitely exist within Overwatch. Overwatch has 23 "heroes", each with very unique skills and play-styles, and personalities. The battles are typically 6v6, and encourage cooperation among hero choice... and picking heroes to "counter" your opponents.

The learning curve is virtually non-existent. While the larger goal of Overwatch is to make a presence in the eSports scene (which it definitely will)... it's also very accessible to people that have never played an FPS before. Even if you aren't good at FPS games, you still have opportunities to make big differences with some of your larger skills.

And yes... it has some female heroes. But TF2 doesn't!... (except the Pyro... which I'm convinced of.)

So the launch last night went excellent. Servers came up around 7:10pm, and were smooth all night. No errors, no crashes, nothing. Very good launch for Blizzard. This is going to be a huge cash-cow for them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Civilization VI is en route, Oct 21
    Really?

I still play Civ4 (the pinnacle of the series), but I hate to start a game as it becomes all-consuming of my time for about a week - I only play Pangaea.

Civ5 - tried it once or twice, but it lacked some magic. Maybe I'll give a whirl again.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    While I get the angle, I'll explain for those that haven't tried either.

All the TF2 archetypes definitely exist within Overwatch. Overwatch has 23 "heroes", each with very unique skills and play-styles, and personalities. The battles are typically 6v6, and encourage cooperation among hero choice... and picking heroes to "counter" your opponents.

The learning curve is virtually non-existent. While the larger goal of Overwatch is to make a presence in the eSports scene (which it definitely will)... it's also very accessible to people that have never played an FPS before. Even if you aren't good at FPS games, you still have opportunities to make big differences with some of your larger skills.

And yes... it has some female heroes. But TF2 doesn't!... (except the Pyro... which I'm convinced of.)

So the launch last night went excellent. Servers came up around 7:10pm, and were smooth all night. No errors, no crashes, nothing. Very good launch for Blizzard. This is going to be a huge cash-cow for them.

I really liked that overwatch has a vast amount of different hero's and I really enjoyed the beta but the $60 price tag for it just seems a bit excessive.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I have a gaming question.....I think.

I randomly picked a movie to watch - "Hardcore Henry". What the hell is this?
    Was this originally a game and gone movie or just a gaming theme? :dunno:

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I have a gaming question.....I think.

I randomly picked a movie to watch - "Hardcore Henry". What the hell is this?
    Was this originally a game and gone movie or just a gaming theme? :dunno:

As far as I know it was just a movie. The director wanted to be different while making it and has made similar style music videos for a band called Biting Elbows.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    Any one here play Payday 2? I recently started playing it again since I have an actual computer to play games on. they have added a lot of stuff since I last played.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone watching ELeague on TBS?

I thought this was a joke the first time I saw it. Nope, it's a show watching people play video games.

The only thing less physically active than playing video games is watching someone play video games.

Seriously, I don't care how much flashing lights and how loud the crowd is, that stuff makes golf on TV look like the NFL.

Now I got to get back to playing GTA V.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I think it is too early for a remaster of skyrim. I was just reading about this a little while ago and it sounds like it will be for console only.

It is one of the top requested games on the backwards compatibility list for xbox one. Bethesda sees dollar signs in this one. I hope they add mod support for it like they did Fallout 4. There are other rumors that Rock star will debut a sequel/prequel to Red Dead Redemption at E3.

How about a 20 year flashback to E3 1996
    [video=youtube;LBwNA3HHCF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBwNA3HHCF4[/video]

bstjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Middletown
    Battlefield 1 will be the Game of the Year!!! The multiplayer videos from this past Sunday are simply amazing. I'm stupid-excited for this one.

Top Bottom