• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hopefully this is just a part or peripheral of it, if anything.

Not a fan of touchscreen buttons.

Rumor: Images of Nintendo's NX Controller Surface - Niche Gamer

CeP5p8DUMAAkDYV.jpg:large

Nintendo just doesn't get it. Console gamers don't want gimmicks. Yeah, Wii did pretty well with the new motion-based controllers. But that fad is mostly past. And it didn't really carry over to the Wii U.

I can see where having "soft buttons" could open up a lot of possibilities that aren't possible with mechanical buttons, but then "soft buttons" aren't very conducive to feedback, which you get with mechanical buttons.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    If anyone is interested in a pretty good size lan party in Fort Wayne. I attend the lan events in my area and its usually a pretty decent time.

[video=youtube;Iu0JeiLwr3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu0JeiLwr3o[/video]

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Nintendo just doesn't get it. Console gamers don't want gimmicks.

I don't think any of them get gamers that well anymore. Not real gamers. Gamers don't really care about a machine that also acts as an entertainment/ media device. Give me a machine with awesome grapphics that I can play good games on. I am not a PC guy, I like console gaming, but I am really unimpressed with the new gadgetry they have added to a gaming console.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I used to attend the IndyGamers, Stompfest, and IndySmash LANs that went on around here about a decade ago.

I'm an old school PC gamer, since DooM. Mostly only play Counter-Strike or CS:Global Offensive, used to play the various Battlefield and Call of Duty games, but limit myself these days to CS as I'm working on my Master's Degree.

I'm a long time member of IndyGamers, known as THRASH.

We still get together and LAN at Husly's place every now and then. IU is hosting a LANWAR very soon: https://www.indiana.edu/~gaming/

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I'm an old school PC gamer, since DooM. Mostly only play Counter-Strike or CS:Global Offensive, used to play the various Battlefield and Call of Duty games, but limit myself these days to CS as I'm working on my Master's Degree.

I'm a long time member of IndyGamers, known as THRASH.

We still get together and LAN at Husly's place every now and then. IU is hosting a LANWAR very soon: https://www.indiana.edu/~gaming/

I still am dedicated PC gamer, I used to be a hardcore 1st person shooter with CS and was in CAL. But with so many hacks and aimbots, I quit multiplayer 1st person shooter.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This guy manually injected code for "Flappy Bird" into Super Mario World by modifying the game's data using in-game actions, stack overflow
    Amazing. We've seen similar things done with code injecting bots... but never manually, by a human.

[video=youtube;hB6eY73sLV0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB6eY73sLV0[/video]

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I still am dedicated PC gamer, I used to be a hardcore 1st person shooter with CS and was in CAL. But with so many hacks and aimbots, I quit multiplayer 1st person shooter.

I used to be a PC gamer, then I went to console and now I play whatever I am into at the time, when every I have time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    TotalBiscuit discusses the dawn of VR, compares the Vive and Rift

[video=youtube;wX4v1vHK_Lc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX4v1vHK_Lc[/video]

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Coincidentally, my Samsung GearVR arrived. I got it set up, but haven't really had the chance to put it through its paces yet.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Coincidentally, my Samsung GearVR arrived. I got it set up, but haven't really had the chance to put it through its paces yet.

I may have to put you on "ignore" temporarily. If you give it a positive review I might have to get one. And then it's all over. I'll be a VR junkie. Stop mowing the lawn. Stop working. Stop eating. Of course, if it turns out to suck, it's all good then.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Like guns? Like games?

Enter the Gungeon may be for you. It's a "Binding of Isaac"-like game completely based on guns. I mean... absolutely. Everything in the game is guns. Many of the enemies are walking bullets.

Here's TotalBiscuit's "WTF is..." on it. Gameplay starts around 5:30.

[video=youtube;dg6GLRtiSFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg6GLRtiSFA[/video]

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

My girl just got hers today from when we upgraded phones... Did you have any issues downloading the free games? She's having a problem getting to them, but we're looking forward to checking it out.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    My girl just got hers today from when we upgraded phones... Did you have any issues downloading the free games? She's having a problem getting to them, but we're looking forward to checking it out.

Nope; they downloaded just fine. Install the Oculus app, set up/register an account, then connect the phone to the GearVR. It should pretty much take over from there, instruct you to remove the phone from the device, and walk you through everything.

Top Bottom