• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Blizzard's new team shooter "Overwatch" is on free open beta right now.

Really enjoying it. If you've ever played Team Fortress 2, you'll feel comfortable in Overwatch. Huge roster of classes/characters to play, each with personality. Lot of variety, and some really interesting and fun skills.

Definitely has a market for those that have never played that sort of game, either. Easy to get into. Even if you aren't particularly great at FPS games... you can still make a difference and feel satisfied when the round ends.

I initially thought $40 was a ridiculous price tag... but I'll probably end up picking it up now that I've tried it. Also, for an open beta... it's been flawless.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Next game in Battlefield series announced. "Battlefield 1", they are doing WW1. looks good, but unsure how it will track.
    Call me a cynic, but I'll wait to see some actual gameplay. Stitching together some CGI and lots of jumps can make anything look good.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The battlefield series has gotten some things right after some shakey starts. I think it'll be good. Can't wait for the beta.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    Blizzard's new team shooter "Overwatch" is on free open beta right now.

Really enjoying it. If you've ever played Team Fortress 2, you'll feel comfortable in Overwatch. Huge roster of classes/characters to play, each with personality. Lot of variety, and some really interesting and fun skills.

Definitely has a market for those that have never played that sort of game, either. Easy to get into. Even if you aren't particularly great at FPS games... you can still make a difference and feel satisfied when the round ends.

I initially thought $40 was a ridiculous price tag... but I'll probably end up picking it up now that I've tried it. Also, for an open beta... it's been flawless.

I played around last night for a little bit and it seems really good. I kind of wish they will add the hero's info in the select screen instead of once you have already selected them. Apart from that I haven't seen any problems.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    ... Used to be a pc gamer way back when. Man, I owned on HL2 with an xbow....Fun days. I remember a user created Walmart map I played quite a bit, lol

Since I've switched over to consoles (Sony for me) I suck online in shooters... Can't make the switch from keyboard and mouse to Stix I guess.

Anyway, level 36 in Witcher 3, just started new game +.

Waiting for uncharted 4 on the 10th....and....oh almost forgot.... DOOM Baby...... On the 13th.

Yah, don't do much online anymore, but single player shooters, RPGs, and dungeon crawlers...

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    ... Used to be a pc gamer way back when. Man, I owned on HL2 with an xbow....Fun days. I remember a user created Walmart map I played quite a bit, lol

Since I've switched over to consoles (Sony for me) I suck online in shooters... Can't make the switch from keyboard and mouse to Stix I guess.

Anyway, level 36 in Witcher 3, just started new game +.

Waiting for uncharted 4 on the 10th....and....oh almost forgot.... DOOM Baby...... On the 13th.

Yah, don't do much online anymore, but single player shooters, RPGs, and dungeon crawlers...

Excited about doom. I hope it is a good game. The first two Doom's were incredible. I finished, but did not much care for doom3.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Just started a new game called "Entropia Universe". Beautiful world, sandbox MMO, multiple planets, space travel, etc etc.

Also ingame currency is tied to the USD at 10:1 with deposits and withdrawals. Ingame land investments paying dividends of it seems 4-8%.

Multiple times in Guiness Book of World Records, for example 1 guy mortgaged his house for 100k and bought an asteroid ingame (largest virtual real estate deal to date) then turned down 200k the next day. Kept it for a few years making money on it, then sold it for 635K USD.

Game looks very interesting! Bout 4 days in now.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt "Blood and Wine" Expansion Launches May 31

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt "Blood and Wine" Expansion Launches May 31 - Niche Gamer
    The gods have answered my prayers! I've been waiting for this for a while, I bought the season pass immediately after my first day of playing Witcher lll. I don't often buy into dlc (or play a game more than once, which I did with this one just to platinum it on psn), but this game was the best I've played since Red Dead Redemption! In short, can't wait!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The gods have answered my prayers! I've been waiting for this for a while, I bought the season pass immediately after my first day of playing Witcher lll. I don't often buy into dlc (or play a game more than once, which I did with this one just to platinum it on psn), but this game was the best I've played since Red Dead Redemption! In short, can't wait!

Same, I never buy season passes, but CDPR is an excellent company that makes excellent games right. I definitely got the one for The Witcher 3.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    I have been playing the DOOM campaign and multiplayer. Definitely worth checking out. I was skeptical because they didn't release review copies to reviewers before release, which always makes you wonder what was so wrong with it that they didn't want reviewers to see it... so far haven't found anything glaring :dunno:

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    I have been playing the DOOM campaign and multiplayer. Definitely worth checking out. I was skeptical because they didn't release review copies to reviewers before release, which always makes you wonder what was so wrong with it that they didn't want reviewers to see it... so far haven't found anything glaring :dunno:

Also, been playing on PC on Ultra and it runs at 60+ fps and looks great on a GTX 970. Very well optimized.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    New Overwatch animation.

Blizzard's animation department is top-freaking-notch. Surprised they don't get into making movies full-time.

[video=youtube;cPRRupAM4DI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPRRupAM4DI[/video]

Top Bottom