The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 15th Edition: Be more like Coleman.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    When I first moved up here to Hoosierland, after my whole life up to that point, being Texas born, bred, raised, burnt in and cultured, I was asked to say things over and over for a laugh.

I went along, noting that I had plenty of comebacks in grammar or lack thereof with which to work.

I was repeatedly asked to say, "Horse, bread, swing, damn," and many others.
    I made sure to include "both syllables" in each word, cuz I knew how to do it right!

I would laugh along and ask why they dropped an infinitive verb in speech or something.
    You cain't talk, I cain't talk. Let's argue about it.
    :):
    Back in the Army at Ft Gordon Georgia I was in a small town near there and met a guy who said something to me.
    It was all vowels and maybe a couple "w" mixed in. I asked him to repeat it....... and again....... and again.
    I finally gave up and had to walk away. We were not going to communicate.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    When I first moved up here to Hoosierland, after my whole life up to that point, being Texas born, bred, raised, burnt in and cultured, I was asked to say things over and over for a laugh.

I went along, noting that I had plenty of comebacks in grammar or lack thereof with which to work.

I was repeatedly asked to say, "Horse, bread, swing, damn," and many others.
    I made sure to include "both syllables" in each word, cuz I knew how to do it right!

I would laugh along and ask why they dropped an infinitive verb in speech or something.
    You cain't talk, I cain't talk. Let's argue about it.
    :):
    In Germany at my NATO assignment, we had a US Air Force admin NCO from some small town in Alabama. He would say something, and then the Germans, who spoke perfect technical English because they had been to all of our technical courses in CONUS, would look at me and ask me to translate because the only word they could make out was F***.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

That's wild...I grew up in southern Indiana and we talk, basically Kentuckian, and whenever I'd travel to the east or west coast people would assume I was from Texas lol...my step granddad, "Tex" Nix was from Shamrock, Texas and moved with my mamaw to New Albany about 25 years ago and his accent and ours was so close it was nearly indistinguishable.....

It's what cunning linguists call the "Hoosier apex"....

1721785601427.png

Michigan Slim

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    That's wild...I grew up in southern Indiana and we talk, basically Kentuckian, and whenever I'd travel to the east or west coast people would assume I was from Texas lol...my step granddad, "Tex" Nix was from Shamrock, Texas and moved with my mamaw to New Albany about 25 years ago and his accent and ours was so close it was nearly indistinguishable.....

View attachment 368207
    I'm from "upper north". I go home and my cousins think I talk like a hillbilly. Took a buddy up for a week of walleye fishing. After a couple days he was making fun of my "new" accent. Eh.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2024
    Terre Haute

View attachment 368207
    When I visit family in Minnesota they think that I have a southern accent but I think I have the most average north accent one can get.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom