MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    How many here have Whitworth? :laugh:

Whitworth? Nope!

I remember grudgingly buying metric sockets back in the 1980's when the formerly great American cars started going metric!

My 1989 Mustang, which I still have, is a Frankensteinian combination of metric fasteners on the body and transmission, and English on (most of) the engine.

And yes, I'm not sure where my 10 mm socket is. But just the deep one. I think. ;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My 1989 Mustang, which I still have, is a Frankensteinian combination of metric fasteners on the body and transmission, and English on (most of) the engine...

That's Ford, for you.

Back in the early '90s at the dealership, we would occasionally end up with a Ford truck by trade of if the boss thought it was a screaming deal. If they needed work, it was fun to see our mechanic start throwing wrenches about the 3rd time he had to switch from metric to standard and then back to metric again.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    That's Ford, for you.

Back in the early '90s at the dealership, we would occasionally end up with a Ford truck by trade of if the boss thought it was a screaming deal. If they needed work, it was fun to see our mechanic start throwing wrenches about the 3rd time he had to switch from metric to standard and then back to metric again.

Thanks to my affinity for an old convertible, I get to share in that joy every time I work under the hood!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's Ford, for you.

That's what they make vice grips for.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You want to cringe?

Vintage-Heavy-Duty-Multi-Wrench-9-14-mm.jpg

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    QUOTE: I think the real question is: Why would your 9mm socket ever leave the toolbox to begin with. Unquote:

It must have fallen out and got lost, I have no other explanation.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    QUOTE: I think the real question is: Why would your 9mm socket ever leave the toolbox to begin with. Unquote:

It must have fallen out and got lost, I have no other explanation.

Or, the teenager "borrowed" it, mistaking it for an English socket. And "forgot" to put it back. I'm finding that phenomenon happening just enough to irritate the **** out of me.

Of course, if you don't have any teenagers, then, maybe it fell out and rolled to that magical geolocation, never to be seen again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or, the teenager "borrowed" it, mistaking it for an English socket. And "forgot" to put it back. I'm finding that phenomenon happening just enough to irritate the **** out of me.

Of course, if you don't have any teenagers, then, maybe it fell out and rolled to that magical geolocation, never to be seen again.

I actually wish my teen would borrow some tools. Even if he lost a few. Be worth it to get him out of the basement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom