• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I once strapped a kite to my back and was about to ride my bike off the roof of the root cellar (about 8 ft). Thats just one of many stories. I could have been one of the kids that didn't make it, but my mom (my guardian angel) stopped me on more than one occasion.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    My cousin and I climbed an apple tree and jumped out using plastic grocery bags for parachutes. Of course they didn't quite work as intended, but we were convinced that it slowed us enough that it didn't hurt too bad when we hit the ground. So we kept going higher and higher until my mom caught us and put an end to the fun.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I climbed everything in sight. When I was in grade school I figured if a squirrel could jump from the house to the tree and back so could I. I was right.

There were 30 to 40 ft gum trees that got really thin at the top. If you shifted your weight back and forth you could bend them nearly to the ground and get quite a ride to the other side.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Both of my sisters jumped from the roof with umbrellas after they saw "Mary Poppins." They soon learned that real world physics are different than Disney Film Physics.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    why-women-live-longer-than-men.jpg

1253.jpg

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Friendly neighborhood bb gun fights, anyone? Those were actually less dangerous/painful than the slingshot fights.

Yesssssssssssss. :rockwoot:
    Possibly proof there is a God and He looks after stoopid children as no eyes were deleted. But I had a scar on my left knee for decades from taking one point blank.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    [video=facebook_share;822081321324367]https://www.facebook.com/BauDasDICASS/videos/822081321324367/?t=41[/video]

Backyard foosball
    Click to play

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Yep. We had a 1 pump rule on multipumps...

Still have a scar on the knuckle of my right ring finger from somebody who blatantly violated that rule.:rolleyes:

BB ended up just under the skin, near the middle of my hand. Had a hell of time rolling it back to the entry point and popping it out.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Every once in a while it sounds good, and I go and it tastes good, then afterwords my stomach reminds me why I shouldn't eat there. The cycle continues to repeat periodically.

Growing up LJS was really the only game in town during Lent and I still have cravings every now and then. I used to have the same problem when I couldn't resist the craving but I discovered that patting each fillet down thoroughly with a paper towel eliminated the problem.

It used to be all cod. Now, the regular fish is whiting. Cod dinner is available for a little more $.

Close, it's whitefish not whiting and it has been whitefish for 25+ years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom