• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Police in Anchorage are looking for a squirrel that stole a police officer's doughnut (video):

[video=facebook_share;10157104444176336]https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews/videos/10157104444176336/[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That isn't funny.

Not to you, maybe...

army-always-mission-ready-navy-always-disco-ready-3909164.png

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Rivalry between branches of the armed forces is fine and in good fun, but honestly we need them all. Regarding the Army, my son left the Army as a Sergeant after a tour in Iraq. I have brothers-in-law who served in the Marines and Air Force. Regarding the Navy, my nephew is the current commanding officer of the USS Nebraska, one of the big boomer Ohio class submarines, SSBN 739, that recently did a Trident missile test (short video below from March). I could not be more proud of him and his crew. And I sleep better at night knowing our nuclear deterrent sub force is always out there.

[video=facebook_share;2043042349351946]https://www.facebook.com/SubSpotr/videos/2043042349351946/[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Rivalry between branches of the armed forces is fine and in good fun, but honestly we need them all. Regarding the Army, my son left the Army as a Sergeant after a tour in Iraq. I have brothers-in-law who served in the Marines and Air Force. Regarding the Navy, my nephew is the current commanding officer of the USS Nebraska, one of the big boomer Ohio class submarines, SSBN 739, that recently did a Trident missile test (short video below from March). I could not be more proud of him and his crew. And I sleep better at night knowing our nuclear deterrent sub force is always out there.

[video=facebook_share;2043042349351946]https://www.facebook.com/SubSpotr/videos/2043042349351946/[/video]

I appreciate the sentiment, buy respect between the branches AIN'T FUNNY!!!

Capture.png

123d8176.jpg

f2846f2474e0a8ae0ae9729face89585.jpg

l-1112.jpg

521e764133a07.jpeg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    People outside the military never really get the jokes. Yes different branches pick on each other. Some times it's something we do to each other in brotherly love and fun, and sometimes it ends in a violent fist fight. In either case, it's something we get to do to one another. If you're on the outside looking in, no hard feelings, but just don't concern yourself with it. All you have to do is offer to buy a drink and be cool. Leave branch vs branch harassment to those in the club. 99% of it is all just in good fun.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    People outside the military never really get the jokes. Yes different branches pick on each other. Some times it's something we do to each other in brotherly love and fun, and sometimes it ends in a violent fist fight. In either case, it's something we get to do to one another. If you're on the outside looking in, no hard feelings, but just don't concern yourself with it. All you have to do is offer to buy a drink and be cool. Leave branch vs branch harassment to those in the club. 99% of it is all just in good fun.

Well geez, inter-branch rivalry is nothing. We got into verbal sparring matches that elevated to actual physical fights between platoons in the same company.

lovely-us-army-memes-17-best-ideas-about-marine-corps-humor-on-pinterest-us-army-memes.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I was Army, AF, did Navy cross training and trained with the Marines, later I got to train Delta Force and Seals, still work in that community...I find all the jokes funny, apparently it's easy to laugh at myself.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Of the four plus one branches (never made a Coast Guard joke... yet), I've found that Marines have the least appreciation for my humor when I, clearly a civilian, make with the jokes. The best is that knowing this, and knowing that I risk injury or worse, I continue to crack wise. I'm just not that smart.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Of the four plus one branches (never made a Coast Guard joke... yet), I've found that Marines have the least appreciation for my humor when I, clearly a civilian, make with the jokes. The best is that knowing this, and knowing that I risk injury or worse, I continue to crack wise. I'm just not that smart.

[video=youtube;_VrFV5r8cs0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0[/video]

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Shouldn't poke fun at the coasties. All these years of protecting our beaches and nobody has stole them yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom