Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Good one. Just wish I knew what he was saying!

Funniest thing I ever saw was in a Bombay Bicycle Club restaurant . Mirrored walls. Guy walks in looking for his friends. As he asks the Maitre' de if he has seated them he spies their reflection in the wall. Says, "Oh! I see them. Nevermind." And promptly walks, nose squishingly flat, right into the mirrored wall. Absolutely hilarious!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Those old TRS-80 Model IIIs were built to last.

In my first law clerk job, the partners at the firm was very proud of its computerized legal research system. It featured a TRS-80 Model III with twin 8 inch (yes, 8 inch, not 3.5, not 5.25) floopy drives. You clearly remember the good old days of booting up the computer from a system disk...and yes the 300 baud moden that you put the telephone handset on.

Mind you, that's what the firm had when I started there....IN 1997. They were so proud.

I didn't have the heart to tell them that my 486, 100 mhz machine that I got when I started law school in 1995 (and was not the fastest then) with its 14.4k modem ran rings around the old Model III. What I did not have, however, was a 32" long daisy wheel printer that did an great impression of an earthquake when it started printing. That's worth something.

Pfft. You guys are just kids. I'm so old my kids remember when the Pentagon used the large floppy discs (back when they actually flopped) in the computers that were used for THE missiles. Can you imagine?

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    DIY lawnmower:

13256369_1106709759390216_294229926555996426_n.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter