Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Oh. Is that what a tardis looks like? Cool.:popcorn:

Aside: I'm actually surprised that the PC police haven't stomped on that show, with the name of the phone booth containing the word "tard", as being demeaning to those of lesser mental capacity. Perhaps it is because they view the aforementioned group as being privileged in comparison to themselves.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Aside: I'm actually surprised that the PC police haven't stomped on that show, with the name of the phone booth containing the word "tard", as being demeaning to those of lesser mental capacity. Perhaps it is because they view the aforementioned group as being privileged in comparison to themselves.

I'm kinda slow, I don't get it.....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm kinda slow, I don't get it.....

In Doctor Who, the ship (that looks like an old English police call box) is called the "Tardis". It's an acronym for something I'm too lazy to look up, not having been a fan of the show. (I have nothing against it, it just didn't catch my interest)

The ship having that name, the first four letters of which spell "tard" (which is also short for "retard") I was commenting on it, as the "PC police" who hold us all to impossible standards regarding the offensiveness of our very existence, let alone having the audacity to think for ourselves, would have been expected to demand the show either change the name of the ship or go off the air, akin to requiring football teams to change their names if they might offend Native Americans.

The final comment was that perhaps the PC police didn't view the aforementioned "tards" as being offended, considering that they each individually have greater intelligence than the PC police members possess collectively.

Make more sense now? :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. Always sounded to me like a backronym. It's supposed to be able to blend in to whatever place it appears. That circuit broke while it was in London, so now it's always a police public call box.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    In Doctor Who, the ship (that looks like an old English police call box) is called the "Tardis". It's an acronym for something I'm too lazy to look up, not having been a fan of the show. (I have nothing against it, it just didn't catch my interest)

The ship having that name, the first four letters of which spell "tard" (which is also short for "retard") I was commenting on it, as the "PC police" who hold us all to impossible standards regarding the offensiveness of our very existence, let alone having the audacity to think for ourselves, would have been expected to demand the show either change the name of the ship or go off the air, akin to requiring football teams to change their names if they might offend Native Americans.

The final comment was that perhaps the PC police didn't view the aforementioned "tards" as being offended, considering that they each individually have greater intelligence than the PC police members possess collectively.

Make more sense now? :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. Always sounded to me like a backronym. It's supposed to be able to blend in to whatever place it appears. That circuit broke while it was in London, so now it's always a police public call box.
    View attachment 44415

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Breaking from the TARD and NERD theme, here is an old one, but a good one, just over a minute long:

[video=youtube;vsVCHE7ayPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=73&v=vsVCHE7ayPE[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom