• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I wasn't even sure where to put this, so into the funnies it goes, lol.

Just when I thought I'd seen it all, I found this today when checking out scopes and spotting scopes...

And for the only slighty-salty price of $249.95 one can be yours!

OPMOD Battle Mug - Elite Tactical Beverage Deployment Device

opplanet-opmod-battle-mug-bm002-main.jpg

Tacticool mindset in full swing. Sad to say I think they will actually sell some of these to the more elite operators out there. :D

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I got this from Facebook and thought it was not only funny, but should be required reading!

I had a similar experience at a Village Pantry...a kid was buying a money order and paying with like 400 $1 bills. A couple of the bills were silver certificates, but the cashier didn't want to take them because she couldn't find the series date or something like that. I showed her the date and convinced her that the bills were legal tender. Then she let me swap a $1 for each $1 silver certificate and I took them home.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I got a $1 silver certificate in change some years ago. The cool one was the twenty I caught. It was a small head one, so I looked and it was series 1952. I checked the treasurer and secretary of treasury, and it was made between 63 and 65, so I was born in the same range. This one's real money, though, not an FRN. It actually says "pay to the bearer on demand", so it's a US note. Not that it's worth what it should be, but it's interesting what you can catch if you keep your eyes open.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I got a $1 silver certificate in change some years ago. The cool one was the twenty I caught. It was a small head one, so I looked and it was series 1952. I checked the treasurer and secretary of treasury, and it was made between 63 and 65, so I was born in the same range. This one's real money, though, not an FRN. It actually says "pay to the bearer on demand", so it's a US note. Not that it's worth what it should be, but it's interesting what you can catch if you keep your eyes open.

Agreed! :yesway: I always look through my change...occasionally I'll get a bi-centennial quarter or a coin from a long time ago. I really don't know what to look for in a "collectable" sort of coin...but if it's old, or looks out of the ordinary, I keep it. I also try to catch a glance in the register when it's open on the off chance that the cashier has set aside a different looking note, or a silver or half dollar. They usually are willing to trade. The highest denomination silver cert I've gotten so far is a $5.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Agreed! :yesway: I always look through my change...occasionally I'll get a bi-centennial quarter or a coin from a long time ago. I really don't know what to look for in a "collectable" sort of coin...but if it's old, or looks out of the ordinary, I keep it. I also try to catch a glance in the register when it's open on the off chance that the cashier has set aside a different looking note, or a silver or half dollar. They usually are willing to trade. The highest denomination silver cert I've gotten so far is a $5.

When I worked at an arcade, when changing quarters into tokens, there were a lot the machines wouldn't take... It only took a glance at the edge to see they were actual silver quarters and not clad... I was surprised at how many came through... Wish I'd held on to them a little longer than I did, but you never know when the precious metal peak is really peaking...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Go it one better: Uncut Currency

Supposedly, Steve Wozniak would buy uncut sheets and have them perforated on the cut lines then glued along the edge to make a notepad. When making a purchase, he would then tear off enough to cover the bill.

Yea, years back we used to get a stack of new one dollar bills. Put them between a couple of C clamps and two pieces of plywood. We would then 'paint the edge of the clamped side of the bills with rubber cement. Let them dry and then we had a pad of
    fifty one $ bills.
    Some of the looks we got when paying for something with them was priceless.

My aunt and uncle would get a stack of new $1's at the bank
    and bring them down to me to be padded.
    When paying for lunch or leaving a tip they would tear off
    the money.... the looks they got were priceless.

Note: If anyone wants to do this, bring down some cash and I'll pad it for you for free.
    :D

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Note: If anyone wants to do this, bring down some cash and I'll pad it for you for free.

Be padded? As in like post it notes?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Be padded? As in like post it notes?

Not with the adhesive backer like a post-it but like a standard "note pad"
    Edge glued. Sort of a rubberized white elmers glue type of material that is painted on the side of the stack. Comes clean from the paper and leaves no residue.
    It takes about 1/2 hour to dry properly so you'll have to leave your money with me.... :whistle:

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon

I just got a flashback to years ago seeing people go through there Foodstamp booklet and rip out the right ammount. :D

I know what i'm doing for Christmas this year.
    To make it better I will try to get those $2 bills. That would get interesting reactions, being they do not make $2 bills. :D

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Not with the adhesive backer like a post-it but like a standard "note pad"
    Edge glued. Sort of a rubberized white elmers glue type of material that is painted on the side of the stack. Comes clean from the paper and leaves no residue.
    It takes about 1/2 hour to dry properly so you'll have to leave your money with me.... :whistle:

Well, of course

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    This thread needs more graphics. It's "funny images" after all.

IguHW.gif

(You might need to reopen this one to get it to run)

And for MIB fans:

VNpvQ.gif

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think this is Printcraft's long lost brother, after all look at the ceiling. It's acoustical tile basement style!

Another thing, you can see in the second graphic he has changed his shirt from the immediate dispensing of bladder fluid upon himself in the first one.

Guess he should take PC's lead and thong away.:D

This thread needs more graphics. It's "funny images" after all.

IguHW.gif

(You might need to reopen this one to get it to run)

And for MIB fans:

VNpvQ.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom