• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Got me thinking that you need a 37mm flare launcher for your PF9. That way you got 2 minutes to run while the zombies watch the parachute flare drop...

Oh, man, all sorts of bad.

The real issue here is when you can leave the situation and when you cannot. A flash mob at the mall is an easy leave, evade, disappear. A flash mob in your store is another thing entirely. A flash mob in your front yard with you and the kids inside....

Had best stay the heck away from my house. If I cannot evade, defense may be my only option. In that case, I sincerely hope that they will break quickly, because I will not.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Had best stay the heck away from my house. If I cannot evade, defense may be my only option. In that case, I sincerely hope that they will break quickly, because I will not.

Agreed! I'm starting to "amass" ammo... I think 1000 rounds of 9mm is a good start, along with the 1500 rounds of .22LR I already have.....

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Agreed! I'm starting to "amass" ammo... I think 1000 rounds of 9mm is a good start, along with the 1500 rounds of .22LR I already have.....
    pbbbbt...rookies.....I suppose in bloomington though, that would seem like enough to overthrow the gov...Seriously though, that's about an afternoon of shooting, better get to work building that stockpile. Suppose we suffered a shortage of ammo for a year or two, would that be enough for training? A good start, yes. A sense of security? not even close (for my taste anyways, but I don't even buy a gun without bringing 1000 rounds home with it).

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    if your on the street and get caught in one going by, try to baricade yourself next to or between a fixed structure. parking meter, light pole, concrete barrier, ect. something bolted down. this may at least prevent you from being trampled. if you are specifically targeted for a beating or robbery, in my opinion thats a life or death situation .... shoot to stop the threat, dont just go all A-TEAM on their asses. if they are feelin you up they are gonna get your gun, so you might as well use it on them so its not used on you.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    What are basic tips for crowd survival? obviously the grab-onto-something method, but what if you're knocked down in the middle of a crowd? Do you curl up in a ball or try to swim your way up or what?

Obviously shooting in a mob is a terrible Idea, because it attracts collective attention, and if you shoot someone, you will not have any legal defence unless they are directly attacking you. Plus most mobs out number most EDC capacity.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    What are basic tips for crowd survival? obviously the grab-onto-something method, but what if you're knocked down in the middle of a crowd? Do you curl up in a ball or try to swim your way up or what?

Obviously shooting in a mob is a terrible Idea, because it attracts collective attention, and if you shoot someone, you will not have any legal defence unless they are directly attacking you. Plus most mobs out number most EDC capacity.

if you do get knocked to the ground the fetal position is probly your best bet to reduce critical or long term injury. thats an opinion I think would be best for the average person.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    if you do get knocked to the ground the fetal position is probly your best bet to reduce critical or long term injury. thats an opinion I think would be best for the average person.

Yep, I agree.

Also, this is spreading across the nation. A flash mob just attacked and stole thousands of dollars in merchandise from a Sears in my County a few days ago. I think it's time to put a spare long-gun in the trunk. :n00b::ar15:

Suspected flash mob rips off Upper Darby Sears (With Video) - delcotimes.com

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

I was also taught a decent technique for ground-fighting. On your back, hands up in front of your face. Strike with the left foot while moving backwards, then strike with the right. Alternate until you can regain a standing position. :twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I was also taught a decent technique for ground-fighting. On your back, hands up in front of your face. Strike with the left foot while moving backwards, then strike with the right. Alternate until you can regain a standing position. :twocents:
    yeah, i thought about that, but your average person can barely get off the couch easily, let alone a sidewalk on their back while being trampled :):

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    I had a feeling about this summer, and not a good one either. Just stay alert, and don't hesitate if your gut tells you that you'll die if you don't act quickly and harshly.

As for warning shots, I would recommend against it. If you really feel like a warning shot would do the trick, fire into soft earth or grass.

This is in no way to be taken as legal advice, or assumed that a sober person just wrote it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Personally, if I was in the middle of flashmob, with my family, the first thing I would do would look to go indoors. The very first door I came across, locked or unlocked, would be breeched to gain entry in a "safe" place. That's risky too, given that someone who owns the property may be inside, but given the probability of it being occupied with another armed person vs the alternative, I'd take that chance.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think it is less racial as much as it is tied to the economic and educational levels of those that do it here in the US...

Let's see... in a couple of the incidents they were yelling something along the lines of kill all the white people... I think there may be more of a racial component than you want to admit. As I recall they had the same type thing at one of the big state fairs a year or so ago.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

If you fall to the ground I hope you are paece with your Maker...
    There is a Word for what will happen to you, if the crowd is to large, trampled...
    Might work with a small crowd anyway....
    I had a feeling about this summer, and not a good one either. Just stay alert, and don't hesitate if your gut tells you that you'll die if you don't act quickly and harshly.

As for warning shots, I would recommend against it. If you really feel like a warning shot would do the trick, fire into soft earth or grass.

This is in no way to be taken as legal advice, or assumed that a sober person just wrote it.
    Warning shots with a Mob, to me, are when I shot your buddy...
    Personally, if I was in the middle of flashmob, with my family, the first thing I would do would look to go indoors. The very first door I came across, locked or unlocked, would be breeched to gain entry in a "safe" place. That's risky too, given that someone who owns the property may be inside, but given the probability of it being occupied with another armed person vs the alternative, I'd take that chance.
    Another tactic is to just move a little slower than the Mob and let them pass you by...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Let's see... in a couple of the incidents they were yelling something along the lines of kill all the white people... I think there may be more of a racial component than you want to admit. As I recall they had the same type thing at one of the big state fairs a year or so ago.
    Not arguing that there is a racial component. Not at all.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    pbbbbt...rookies.....I suppose in bloomington though, that would seem like enough to overthrow the gov...Seriously though, that's about an afternoon of shooting, better get to work building that stockpile. Suppose we suffered a shortage of ammo for a year or two, would that be enough for training? A good start, yes. A sense of security? not even close (for my taste anyways, but I don't even buy a gun without bringing 1000 rounds home with it).

I agree, hence why I said it was a good start! I'm planning on picking up 1k of 9 every 2 or 3 months... as well as 7.62x39. I am no where near comfortable with only 1k of rounds of 9mm. may 10k rounds of 9 and 7-10k rounds of 7.62x39 would make me feel more secure....

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Warning shots with a Mob, to me, are when I shot your buddies...

+1, and FTFY.

I had a girlfriend/lover back in the day who could have resolved this situation. Sure, some called her a pig, but I called her beauty, pure sex. I called her sweetheart. And she loved me well.

m-60_489.jpg

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    This is a great thread. I always catch them too late, becuase my answers to posted questions get posted by someone else!

Stay out of Downtown Indy if at all possible for one.

OC everywhere 2nd

I'll disagree with this to an extent. I work downtown Indy and it's just as safe as anywhere else - to an extent. Situational awareness and "wrong place, wrong time" (WPWT) play a big part in your own security.

Example: You're at the mall (Circle Centre, Greenwood, Castleton, Lafayette Square) shopping at Victoria's Secret for lingerie with your mistress when the "flash mob" busts through the door. This is a case of WPWT. Unass the store, or barricade in the office, as was said. The big part of this scenario is situational awareness (SA.) Being at the mall is not necessarily a bad thing, but being there on Friday or Saturday night at 7PM is a WPWT incident, and within your control. Keeping your SA keen and always looking for threats is your first line of defense.

Its already happened in Indianapolis.
    Back in April it resulted in the death of a 61 year old homeless man.
    Beaten, robbed and murdered by 6-7 thugs.

I can comment on this case, specifically. I am intimate with the details of this case, and I can only say this is partially true. This instance was not the result of a "flash mob" but rather the "mob mentality." To be technical, a "flash mob" has to assemble as a result of social networking, and ususally encompasses a group in at least the double digits. In the April case, it was a group of 6-8 "yutes" who were walking around downtown and cutting through an alley to get to the Ohio Street bus stop, when they came across the homeless man. The "mob mentality" kicked in and they decided to beat him and "mess with him." To speak to the mentality, the group came back three times after the event to show off their handiwork to an increasing group of friends. (This was probably social networking.)

This, theoretically, was not a "flash mob," but is wholly indicative of the zombie horde mindset.

Extra magazines and running shoes.

I agree here. In addition to situational awareness, maintaining yourself as an EDC item is vitally important. I make it a distinct habit to NEVER wear sandals or loose fitting shoes if I'm going somewhere I might have to unass. Pool, backyard, that's about it. Just like in ZOMBIELAND, follow the rules:

tumblr_lalpclaggF1qdre96o1_400.jpg

Specifically, #1, #3, #18 and #22!

It's sad to say, but we as prepared individuals have to prepare our minds and bodies for even a simple outing to the store. We have to think ahead about what we're going to wear, need and carry; maintain situational awareness; carry and train on what we're going to need and fight with, and all the meanwhile fight off complacency. If we don't, we become sheeple.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom