• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I don't see a financial incentive in a flash mob. If you get ten guys to hold up a gas station, that 10 ways the loot is divvied up. I'm hoping people can find better ways to make $5-$20.

Unfortunately, flash mobs aren't that sane. It's not about money, but about causing harm.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I don't see a financial incentive in a flash mob. If you get ten guys to hold up a gas station, that 10 ways the loot is divvied up. I'm hoping people can find better ways to make $5-$20.

The incentive is to not get caught because you are overloading the system. So many people that you will likely get away due to numbers alone.

The second incentive is to end up a part of "something" and even on youtube more than likely.

Third is power. Group power.

When the school system decided to close down John Marshal HS in INdy and change it to a Middle School, the students organized and at a specific time we all walked out as a mob and headed downtown. We made it about a mile before IPD picked us all up in busses and took us to the IPS main building for a hasty meeting. It was very exciting and very power intoxicating to all 500 of us walking down 38th & Post blocking all the lanes of traffic.

I still remember the IPD officer who got on our bus and reminded us of one rule:

"This bus is heading down to IPS, but it could just as easily go to Juvey. So don't screw it up!"

In any event, I can fully imagine why kids would find this amazing and fun and worth the risk. We did ours for a good reason, but I can see the draw big time.

And, yes, sooner or later a citizen is gonna push back and I fear that it will not go well for anyone involved.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Loud noises.................from flash bangs

I was 1,200 feet from a training site using them a few years back, They got my attention from that distance. Flash bangs would work to stun them, but last time I checked, us average joes, can't purchase them.
    It's that time of year when certain people at certain shops may be able to provide really big bangs for other certain people. Maybe not as easy to deploy as a flash bang, but just as effective in some situations.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I think it is less racial as much as it is tied to the economic and educational levels of those that do it here in the US...

Yep. The class warfare thing has been pushed for a long time...well, here we go. They wanted war, these folks are bringing it.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Rule # 2 about flashmobs (which is right after rule #1: Never talk about flashmobs) is that logic is completely irrelevant. These folks aren't smart enough to realize the point you just made.

It isn't about the $$$, it is about the violence pure and simple. If they get a buck or two out of it, or some other "loot" that is a bonus. It is about violence and violence only.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I think a 12 GA and some of these:

3rds - 12 Gauge Flash Bang Ammo \

or these:

25rds - 12 Gauge DDupleks 2 3/4" 1 1/8oz Expanding Shotgun Ammo

Those would definitely get some attention...
    Those flash bangs are a fun novelty but pretty much useless against a mob. Tactically speaking, they are not much better than the element of surprise. They also make tear gas rounds, rubber slugs, bean bags, rubber buckshot, flamethrower rounds, etc.....I think some of the tear gas shells would be effective in a confined space, bird bombs may work as a fair distraction........personally if I feel threatened enough to draw, someone is going down and they'll keep falling until they retreat or my ammo runs out. I will not die or even spend 2 moments in fear for my life over these flipping idiots.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Got me thinking that you need a 37mm flare launcher for your PF9. That way you got 2 minutes to run while the zombies watch the parachute flare drop...

Oh, man, all sorts of bad.

The real issue here is when you can leave the situation and when you cannot. A flash mob at the mall is an easy leave, evade, disappear. A flash mob in your store is another thing entirely. A flash mob in your front yard with you and the kids inside....

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    P.S. Yes, I am still looking for any excuse to put a 37mm flare on my daughter's cricket rifle. Someone has to do it, might as well find an excuse.

Top Bottom