6f6.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Both sides are blaming Wallace which is a pretty good indication he was fair.

Well all I can say is after listening to near the entire debate analyzed by question on a long drive I had this morning Wallace is a hack. He was a participant and was carrying Joes water.
    Biden did not actually answer 1 question past babble speak. Typical politico all the way.

Brother I had thought more of you. No knock but come on.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Well all I can say is after listening to near the entire debate analyzed by question on a long drive I had this morning Wallace is a hack. He was a participant and was carrying Joes water.
    Biden did not actually answer 1 question past babble speak. Typical politico all the way.

Brother I had thought more of you. No knock but come on.

Exactly. Every time trump gave an answer wallace interrupted him. Biden straight refused to answer certain questions and Wallace didn’t press him on it at all. The fact people can’t see that or don’t wanna recognize it baffles me. As I said earlier, everyone already knows who they’re voting for. Debates aren’t changing anyone’s position. We have 24/7 access to internet, tv, and radio now days... anyone who hasn’t made up their mind before now is a liar.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No one told Trump to act the way he did in the debate. That was his own decision. Obviously, some in his base loved it. The rest of us...not so much.

This is just who the man is and always has been. Except last night he was over being beat down from every angle by the likes of bumbling Joe.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No one told Trump to act the way he did in the debate. That was his own decision. Obviously, some in his base loved it. The rest of us...not so much.

Now do Biden. Do you suppose (a lot of) someone(s) told him how to act - in real time through the tech he was wearing?

Bull in a China shop or China puppet in a China shop, not really a very hard choice

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You folks seem to define moderator different than I. I don't expect a moderator to be an active participant. I don't expect a moderator to fact check. I expect them to ask questions. I expect the participants to fact check each other. I expect the voters to hold the participants accountable for their answers or lack thereof, not the moderator. Wallace asked both some uncomfortable questions to both parties. There is a difference between a tough question and a biased question.

What was the most biased question Wallace asked? Did he only ask biased questions of Trump?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Objection! Unproven allegation!
    Now do Biden. Do you suppose (a lot of) someone(s) told him how to act - in real time through the tech he was wearing?

Bull in a China shop or China puppet in a China shop, not really a very hard choice

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How many debates were on last night, or is it if someone disagrees with your POV, they are just wrong? He gave Trump time to respond to what happened in Charlottesville, if Trump didn't do well that's on him not Wallace.

I have heard from several people here that Wallace brought up the Proud Boys, but I heard also that Biden did not Wallace.

Only one person said the word "Charlottesville" soon followed by "fine people", that was Wallace. (I double checked the transcript.) That narrative has been throughly debunked but Walkace brought it up.

I do expect Wallace to fact check his own questions...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You folks seem to define moderator different than I. I don't expect a moderator to be an active participant. I don't expect a moderator to fact check.
    Same here! That’s why it was so appalling wallace kept interrupting trump every time he was answering a question. Someone on twitter kept count. He interrupted trump over 70 times, and interrupted Biden 15. That’s not a moderator, that’s a debater with an agenda. Say what you will

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You folks seem to define moderator different than I. I don't expect a moderator to be an active participant. I don't expect a moderator to fact check. I expect them to ask questions. I expect the participants to fact check each other. I expect the voters to hold the participants accountable for their answers or lack thereof, not the moderator. Wallace asked both some uncomfortable questions to both parties. There is a difference between a tough question and a biased question.

What was the most biased question Wallace asked? Did he only ask biased questions of Trump?

Yes his questions to Trump were loaded. And he argued when Trump tried to answer them. After listening to the separated sound clips today it was glaring. Softballs at Biden. It was so obvious. And Bumbling Joe never actually answered 1 of them and Wallace let him slide even changing topics when Trump put him in a corner.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Trump needed interrupted more.

I didn't keep a count that is a subjective statement, BUT only the 2 minute window was supposed to be uninterrupted and I remember Trump being the interrupter more than the interruptee which prompted Wallace to interrupt the interruption.

Same here! That’s why it was so appalling wallace kept interrupting trump every time he was answering a question. Someone on twitter kept count. He interrupted trump over 70 times, and interrupted Biden 15. That’s not a moderator, that’s a debater with an agenda. Say what you will

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Trump needed interrupted more.
    There you have it. So you didn’t really want a moderator, thanks for clearing that up. You just dislike trump, and the fact you wanted him interrupted more proves you didn’t wanna hear his take, you only wanted his opponents to shut him down and Americans to hear one side.

Thanks for the clarification

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Trump let his anger get the best of him, I think Wallace and Biden together pushed him over. Wallace was a disgrace. Biden- Antifa is just an Idea, and doesn't have enough time to answer the BLM question, but Wallace keeps pushing White nationalist. SMH in disgust

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Oh God... I came back to the political section...

There you have it. So you didn’t really want a moderator, thanks for clearing that up. You just dislike trump, and the fact you wanted him interrupted more proves you didn’t wanna hear his take, you only wanted his opponents to shut him down and Americans to hear one side.

Thanks for the clarification

Hang on there, sir. The rest of what he wrote is important too:

I remember Trump being the interrupter more than the interruptee which prompted Wallace to interrupt the interruption.

This, as I watched the debate, is accurate. Most of conservative media today (including tons of guys in this thread) are saying they'd wished Trump would have stopped interrupting and just let Biden hang himself. I agree.

So... fos might be partisan (aren't we all?), but his point is completely fair, IMO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh God... I came back to the political section...

Hang on there, sir. The rest of what he wrote is important too:

This, as I watched the debate, is accurate. Most of conservative media today (including tons of guys in this thread) are saying they'd wished Trump would have stopped interrupting and just let Biden hang himself. I agree.

So... fos might be partisan (aren't we all?), but his point is completely fair, IMO.

Get the transcripts and listen to the sound.
    I agree on the Trumpis Interuptis but fellas come on.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No moderator needed, that is how the left rig the game for themselves. A debate should be the winner of the coin toss gets one minute to ask a question or make an accusation to the opponent, then it's mike off. The opponent gets three minutes to answer the question or accusations, then gets one minute to ask or make an accusation of the first party, them mike off.

We then could judge some real life management by the candidates. How well can they manage their time? How well prepared are they for something the opponent comes up with from left field? Can they get past being personally offended and manage a good reply? Or will they squander time on unimportant accusations missing the opportunity to land a good punch?

The biggest misnomer out there is that MSM (including FOX News other than a couple of opinion shows) are center, they are solidly leftist and always help dem candidates...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A simple search shows multiple views of the wire hanging from his shirt, and on his left wrist. I’d post the pics but it says they exceed the size allowed.

Ummmm......you might want to look at a hi-res image before contributing to the QAnonsense conspiracy.

Shadows in halogen lighting sometimes look like other things.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Get the transcripts and listen to the sound.
    I agree on the Trumpis Interuptis but fellas come on.

Come on, what CM? That's specifically the only point I was making. Trump interrupted Biden, Wallace, etc about every 30 seconds which is why he had to be interpreted to be told to quit doing it or be talked over. Trump set that tone, hence that's how it went. So, to that end, I agree with fos.

Yes, I understand that's just how Trump is, but it's not a positive trait and it didn't help his/my cause.

Top Bottom