• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    You have a problem with the business owner/woman of color (rolleyes) taking donations? Has she taken any money out of your pocket? No? So why do you care?

I have a problem with business owners AND homeowners (white, black, green & purple) who can afford cable TV, smokes & booze, but won't buy insurance - and then EXPECT others to foot their bills.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have a problem with business owners AND homeowners (white, black, green & purple) who can afford cable TV, smokes & booze, but won't buy insurance - and then EXPECT others to foot their bills.

So, you are assuming she smokes, waste money and is a boozer? Nice summation from such little info. And do you know that most insurance does not cover mass insurrection? I am sure she is insured. And I am sure she lost her butt in the deal.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Smokes, cable tv, and booze? What are you talking about? I don't get your beef, lambasting a business owner because she asked for help. Is hers the only donation posting on "gofundme"? Now if this woman was asking the govt to take money out of your and my pocket, I'd see the issue. However, she's upfront in her request. It's not your money, so forgive me in stating while you make state your opinion, your opinion has no bearing in whether or not other people, with differing opinions, give or not.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yep, and so is posting their addresses.

Until people stop using the wrongdoings of others to justify their own, this cycle will continue.

Yeah, the other addresses shouldn't be posted as well. We're talking about people's safety here folks, and regardless of what side of this issue we fall, we shouldn't put a person in fear for their and their families well-being.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Obama and Holder did not bring us to this point and they cannot get us out. Just as Brown made a personal decision, we all need to hold ourselves accountable for the part we play. We can say that Holder and Obama have divided us, but what have our discussions on INGO done to bring us together? This is the realm of our influence and I've not seen words of healing and reconciliation. I've mostly seen the opposite.

I'm sick of hearing about healing and reconciliation. The Ferguson animals couldn't care less about healing and reconciling. Mike Browns mother and step father don't give a damn about healing and reconciling. If they did they wouldn't have turned violent and they wouldn't allow themselves to speak such ignorant statements.

Mike Brown is dead because of Mike Brown. Darren Wilson won't ever be able to live his life properly because of Mike Brown. Do you see him crying for his justice? Is it not deserved?

There is a "we" but the "us vs them" won't ever let it be. I'll use my personal experience as example. When I moved to Indy 7.5 years ago I was the minority at my new job. I was treated unfairly, accused of being a racist and quickly realized I wouldn't be working there long. Did I cause a big uproar about racism and the treatment of the white man? No. Did I sue the company for the racist treatment I received? No. I healed and reconciled very quickly as I moved onto the awesome job I have now.

I grew up poor. My mother never had a good job. I remember going without, not getting Christmas presents even not having a winter coat one winter I'd grown bigger. We didn't get welfare. Had my grandpa not helped out we wouldn't have been able to be clothed and fed with a roof over our heads. I never for one day of my life had a father. I had plenty of cousins who were in trouble with drugs and other crime. There were plenty of people in my town that were into drugs and other crime.

These are all things many black people struggle with right?? That's what people, white and black, say when making excuses for their actions. It has been forced into me at school, on tv, in the news and in the workplace.

Guess what!!! I never once got in any trouble. I never once had a run in with the police. I never once stole anything. I never once thought I didn't have to work for what I want. I very easily could've taken the other path. I remember seeing kids do bad things and choosing not to join them.

If I can heal and reconcile as a child/teenager there isn't any reason why others can't.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You are equating mountains and molehills. No one is threatening the life and family of this reporter.

Not for this particular situation... but now it's out there, so if these people ever run afoul of someone wishing them harm, it won't be hard to find them.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I just saw on the news that the church, in Ferguson, where Michael Brown's parents worshipped, was looted and torched. The minister insists that it MUST have been white supremacists who did it. Have I missed something? Are there white supremecst groups roaming around Ferguson causing damage and mayhem?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I just saw on the news that the church, in Ferguson, where Michael Brown's parents worshipped, was looted and torched. The minister insists that it MUST have been white supremacists who did it. Have I missed something? Are there white supremecst groups roaming around Ferguson causing damage and mayhem?

If that's true, that minister is no man of God.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

:facepalm:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

link to this??????

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom