The ever-pompous Piers Morgan gets canned.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Constantly reminded of him calling out Megyn Kelly when she got her time-slot.

I try to avoid cable news shows, but if I were forced to watch, I will always prefer watching Megyn Kelly to Piers Morgan.:dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See, I go at it from the other direction. I think that we need way more people in the media telling more and more outrageous lies. That way, maybe there would be fewer and fewer morons who believe everything the media tells them (I mean the media on THEIR side). Because the morons who believe everything the media tells them are, in my mind the biggest enemy to American Freedom, but the thing is, that's been happening since before the printing press.
    I can't blame people for what is in their nature. I do blame the people who understand that nature and exploit it for their own purposes.

So, to recap:

He's terrible at fabricating news in the UK - Fired.

He's terrible at mis-informing about news in the US - Fired.

What's next? Congress? Wouldn't surprise me. I'm hoping he and Alec Baldwin disappear and share an appartment somewhere.
    I suspect Mrs Baldwin would not be jealous.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    There is a dark side to this sunshiny news.

In one of the articles I was reading, Morgan said that he was talking to CNN higher ups about doing less appearances/interviews with greater effect.
    In other words, we is still going to be around, cherry picking interviews with people on CNN that agree with him.
    So, I really don't see him going away, just popping up randomly, spewing ignorance, and then disappearing for a while.
    It will be like media Whack-a-mole.
    Whack-a-Morgan?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is a dark side to this sunshiny news.

In one of the articles I was reading, Morgan said that he was talking to CNN higher ups about doing less appearances/interviews with greater effect.
    In other words, we is still going to be around, cherry picking interviews with people on CNN that agree with him.
    So, I really don't see him going away, just popping up randomly, spewing ignorance, and then disappearing for a while.
    It will be like media Whack-a-mole.
    Whack-a-Morgan?

I think in practice it would be more that CNN will drag him out when his political views intersects with the interviewee and CNN. That "America is stupid" schtick doesn't play well except to people who already hate America for whatever reasons. And those people tune into MSNBC anyway.

gm652

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Seymour
    CNN only had him on because they thought a Brit could get away with trashing guns and race baiting. I'm glad they flushed him...

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    well_bye.jpg

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    They will just fill his spot with another liberal moron. He really made himself look like an idiot. Think about this, a crazy british liberal couldnt even get an audience to watch him on CNN. Now that speaks volumes. Even he couldnt sell communism to the people. He made the mistake of admitting what he truly thinks, instead of lying about it like the politicians do.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Is anyone else amused by the little weasel's assertion that the real reason he got canned was because he is British? It's just possible that he is so utterly lacking in self-awareness that he truly believes there is no other reason why he would not be beloved, embraced, and respected by all of us. He's just that good. I've always enjoyed British comedy ... even when it's unintentional.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

Sure Piers, it's because you're a Brit...and you're not funny...and you're an @zzhat...and you berate people who disagree with you on your show (although i thought Uncle Ted handed it back to you pretty good)...you drone on and on and on about a topic you simply don't understand. All that.

If they keep him on and give him a microphone and a television camera again, they're idiots and deserve low ratings.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Top Bottom