The ever-pompous Piers Morgan gets canned.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Good. He's a major asshat. With any luck he'll be going back to where he came from.

:nono:

6a00d83451d3b569e2017ee6b41d70970d-pi

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    eh, I'm under the impression that people in the media that lie should be immediately removed, with all media credentials revoked for life.

Perhaps monitors in these agencies to make sure the truth is being told?

Sir, you have linked to the Monnie-Times on several occasions. Pot-Kettle?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

I don't know what the solution is to media dishonesty and general hackery. I don't know how to make these people accountable for the bull**** they spread aside from calling them out publicly... and maybe that's all we can do.

People that willingly and knowingly lie, on air or in print, to the people... should be removed. Period.

I know it's not likely that'd ever happen... but I see the media as the biggest enemy to American freedom.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I didn't like the guy but it's a shame to shut these people down. It's good to keep them out there and talking so people have a choice.

I did not care for his propensity to call his guests "a stupid little man" when the interview was not going his way. It is one thing to have a differing point of view and quite another to result to insults.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All over FB yesterday. CNN and MSNBC are only being propped up by the ad agencies giving them business (lots of leftwingers in the departments that do media buys). Rush pointed out that it is advertising that guarantees that so many people will see it. Thus they do not care if any one channel has low viewership.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Doubtful. He still has problems with a phone-hacking investigation from when he was editor for the Daily Mirror in England. Also, he really wasn't liked very much there either and there was even a petition to keep him from being deported back to the U.K. at one point.

Exactly. The UK doesn't want him back either. But I can't deny that this made my day! I'll have to try to catch The Dana Show on WIBC today to see if she says anything about it. Hey, there's a thought... wonder if they might pick up Dana Loesch instead, assuming they could pry her away from Beck's clutches? I seem to recall Morgan's producers mentioning something about being in touch with Dana after one of their pissing matches.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But I will miss some of his Facebook memes...
    He was so easy to make fun of.

How long does he have to gain new employment before he gets deported?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Funny how people fill in the blanks with their own biases. Subtle insinuation of hypocrisy notwithstanding, it's interesting that you'd think of putting monitors in these agencies. Heck. I thought he was expressing more a desire that the industry would hold itself accountable.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I know it's not likely that'd ever happen... but I see the media as the biggest enemy to American freedom.

See, I go at it from the other direction. I think that we need way more people in the media telling more and more outrageous lies. That way, maybe there would be fewer and fewer morons who believe everything the media tells them (I mean the media on THEIR side). Because the morons who believe everything the media tells them are, in my mind the biggest enemy to American Freedom, but the thing is, that's been happening since before the printing press.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    So, to recap:

He's terrible at fabricating news in the UK - Fired.

He's terrible at mis-informing about news in the US - Fired.

What's next? Congress? Wouldn't surprise me. I'm hoping he and Alec Baldwin disappear and share an appartment somewhere.

Top Bottom