• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This leaves out the issue of changes on the ground after an early vote. In AZ, the libertarian collected votes that could affect the senate race, then quit the race. Those votes should be for an actual candidate. All manor of things can happen after an early vote. An early vote shortens the campaign season for the voter and important relevant information may not be included in the decision process…
    Elections should be held on election day. Absentee ballots should be available, but they should be rare, and only for need.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ah, yes! The 80 year old black grandmothers who don't drive and don't have ID

All 100 of them

We should certainly pervert secure elections procedures to accommodate them
    So what about old people in nursing homes? Those who are too old and frail to go out and vote? Do they just not get to vote? What about those in the service? Serving your country means you don’t get to choose who sends you into battle?

We’ve had absentee ballots for many years, and for many years it’s served those who can’t go to the polls, physically. It’s gotten out if hand, sure. It’s should be reserved for those who need it, but it should remain available. It should not be used to help democrat voters who couldn’t care less to vote otherwise.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    So what about old people in nursing homes? Those who are too old and frail to go out and vote? Do they just not get to vote? What about those in the service? Serving your country means you don’t get to choose who sends you into battle?

We’ve had absentee ballots for many years, and for many years it’s served those who can’t go to the polls, physically. It’s gotten out if hand, sure. It’s should be reserved for those who need it, but it should remain available. It should not be used to help democrat voters who couldn’t care less to vote otherwise.
    The government is required to make voting available. They are not required to make every conceivable accommodation available. It is not the governmen’s job to be sure you get to the polling location or that a ballot has been hand delivered to your home. The voter has some level of responsibility in this endeavor. Standing with your hand out is not meeting that responsibility.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    There is nothing wrong with absentee ballots. They are not the mail in ballots that have been ruining our election process with fraud. They have different methods of verification and most states require them to be received and counted by election day. Using the traditional method of absentee ballots, we could and should have all results in by election day evening, with the exception of any runoffs. Stick to what actually needs to be changed, which is mail in ballots. You will never succeed in removing absentee ballots, nor should you.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wait. So now you’re against absentee ballots?
    I could see where that would be construed from what I said if that’s how you wanted to read it. But no I am against mail in voting and huge ballot dumps

Edit to add: maybe an unpopular opinion but I think (with the exception of the military) we would gain more in election integrity than we would lose getting rid of all voting options besides pen and paper.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yep, that's the problem. The Left used the scamdemic to push mail in ballots so they can control elections going forward and we have no recourse to fix the problem. Ironic how they keep talking about "threats to democracy" when they've already killed it.
    It’s always safe to assume that until you learn otherwise, anything they accuse the other side of is merely projection of what they’re already doing.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It’s always safe to assume that until you learn otherwise, anything they accuse the other side of is merely projection of what they’re already doing.

Not sure I understand this post. I've seen plenty of evidence that Dems have been perpetrating fraud with mail in ballots, but haven't seen a single thing showing Republicans doing the same... :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not sure I understand this post. I've seen plenty of evidence that Dems have been perpetrating fraud with mail in ballots, but haven't seen a single thing showing Republicans doing the same... :dunno:
    that’s what I’m saying. Anything a democrat accuses a republican of, you can assume they’re already doing it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Perhaps you should be aware of the gigantic loophole in military absentee voting, as revealed by a whistleblower in Wisconsin

In the current climate of rampant cheating, you would need to add safeguards against the wholesale counterfeiting of absentee ballots as well as some way to match the supposed absentee voters ID to the voter rolls before processing the ballot as well as a comparison of total legitimate absentee ballots expected relative to actual number received and probably other areas I have not thought of.

In more innocent times, I might have thought to rely on the military to police its own absentee system but even that seems beyond the pale

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    A truth not known by many is in the past many jurisdictions never counted the absentee ballots of any kind unless the race was so close as they could change the race. Mail-in ballots changed this…
    That is the way it should be. There should never be so many absentee or mail-in ballots that they dominate the results. They should be available and counted when needed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Since we have a first-past-the-post system, they should stop counting when a candidate is past the post. Then if a candidate thinks he/she could be close, request a count of all the ballots. Or something like that.

Top Bottom