The dumbest thing I have ever done thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Shoot. It does it for me! Except when its 30F. That sucks.

I see I misspelled Sarasota.

Swimming outside in december was memorable, and going to swim in ther Siesta Key after work. But, 95F at 10am, is NOT whats up!!!

Niether is opening the door to your apartment and a flippin iguana falls out the door.:runaway:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I see I misspelled Sarasota.

Swimming outside in december was memorable, and going to swim in ther Siesta Key after work. But, 95F at 10am, is NOT whats up!!!

Niether is opening the door to your apartment and a flippin iguana falls out the door.:runaway:
    It hit 117 with the heat index this summer-for about two straight weeks. The water was 88F. I'd rather have that than the snow crap. Screw that.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Around 16, mine involved a fairly large mound of dirt (about 20' high), 150 ft of meat rail, a full O2 tank, a remote controlled drop hammer, and a backhoe. Never imagined an O2 tank would fly almost 100 yds, and poor cow never saw it coming. Ya know ,,, it takes a big hole to hide a cow.

This story deserves a full disclosure!! :rockwoot:More details please....

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This thread is awesome.

I will not even come close to telling my fellow INGOers the dumbest thing I've done. Lets just say my teenager days were pretty.....wild!

Thank GOD for growing up! lol

Now, why would you even tease us like that? :dunno:

:D

When I was about 12 a buddy of mine and I almost burned down the woods across the street from where I lived....

Oh, I was on a buddies GSXR750 and another guy on the same bike tried to race me on i74. The bike had no speedo because it was a weekend racer, but all I know is that when I looked down, I was nearing redline in top gear, then remembered I was foolishly not wearing a helmet...stupid stupid stupid.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Fortunately the best stories I have are a friends! ;) He is one of those guys who could write a book of stupid things he's done.

Ill put these in orders of hilarity:

3) He's moved down to Sullivan county, into the country on the family farm. There was an old out building next to the woods that was falling in so he decided to knock it down and turn it. Well, the knocking down part went ok, but the burning part went really bad. He cause part of the woods and a near by barn on fire due to the size of his fire getting out of control. He fought the fire for like 2 or 3 hours with a garden hose and his wife threatening him to call the fire dept the whole time. This is where my friend shines, he always manages to get out of the situations in one piece, well most of the time. he got the fire out, and kept the barn that caught on fire from burning down with his new Kabota in it.

2) He was backing up his 93 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton truck next to his garage with the door open. Wasnt paying attention and got to close to the garage and hit the door of the truck on the garage, and sprung the drivers door on the truck. He fixed it, or rather he thought he did. Going around a right hand corner here in town a few days later, probably going around 20 mph, the door flew open and he tumbled out of the truck and it continued down the road. It stopped on top of some guys hedge row in his front yard a few feet from the house.

1) my all time favorite. About 11 years ago we were going to have a summer cookout at a friends. I was going to cook a pig on my dad's pig roaster, and I soon found out my bud had never had much experience with charcoal. I was on one side of a fence putting the pig on the spit. He was on the other side of the fence getting the charcoal going. He had put the charcoal in the bottom of the roaster a bit earlier and lit them. Well, he went back a short time later and noticed the flames had gone out............ so he grabbed a full container of lighter fluid and started spraying everything down. He used almost the entire container (a big container) of lighter fluid and the fire never started............ so he grabbed something to poke the coals will, and right when he did the ENTIRE can lit off!!!!!!!!!! BOOM!!!!!!!! I literally saw a huge mushroom cloud roll into the sky from the otherside of the fence! When I ran to the other side to see what happend he was running around yelling and screaming like a chicken with his head cut off. He had burned one arm pretty good (the poking arm), and part of the side of this head. The next dumbest thing he did is run over to the swimming pool and stick his burnt arm into the chlorine water!!!!!!!! then he proceeded to yell even louder! In the end he ended up with some 2nd degree burns on his arm and hand, and some on his head, and a lot of singed off hair/eyebrows. Pretty scary at the time, but he healed up fine, no scars, and still a danger to himself most days ;)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'd say the one of the dumbest was this. I had one of those little leather pouches about the size a kid could fit their fist in. I bought it at the Feast of the Hunters Moon one time I had went. Well, I had cut out a bunch of nudey pics from my dad's magazines and took them to school in the pouch. I did this in kindergarten and the teacher caught me. My mom was an 8th grade teacher in the same school. I think my teacher kept it on the down low with my mom. I don't remember really getting in all that much trouble. My mom was extremely embarrased.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    There's an awful lot of "it was my friend" stories...I have a feeling some are holding out...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Once upon a time ( a LONG time ago), college friends went to Turkey Run State Park for some fun. Friends car had a flat and spare was flat. Oops. No park staff around to help and this was well before cell phones were ever invented. Hot wired an old park bus and took it and flat tire into town to get fixed. We did return the bus. :D

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    This story deserves a full disclosure!! :rockwoot:More details please....

I would agree with that one! We demand to hear more!!! :popcorn:

Someone had dug a "big" hole on a friend's dads farm (friend will remain nameless to protect me), and the dirt pile was about 20 ft tall. Friend and I made a set of mini rail road tracks out of some old meat rail his dad had laying around. Track was about 150 foot long, ran up the side of the big dirt pile, and ended at the top. Made us a sled on some home fabricated rail wheels, strapped a full O2 welding gas tank on it, and mounted it on the track, then rigged up a remote control drop hammer. Flipped a quarter to see who got to pull the rope, he won, and in a classic "Hey u all ,,, watch this" moment, gave a yank on the rope. As expected, the hammer knocked the valve off of the tank, and also as expected the tank and sled started hauling a** down the rail, but what we hadn't planned on, was the sled getting hung up on something about 3/4 the way up the pile of dirt, and the O2 cylinder coming loose. Like a scud missile the tank flew about 100 yds out to where the herd of cows had gathered to watch the 2 crazy kids (we already had a history with those cows :whistle:), and as we watched in horror, the tank hit one broad side, going almost all the way through. 45 minutes with the back hoe, a couple of passes with a disc, and vola, it never happened.
    So now you know ,,,, "The Rest Of The Story" ,,,, :coffee:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Someone had dug a "big" hole on a friend's dads farm (friend will remain nameless to protect me), and the dirt pile was about 20 ft tall. Friend and I made a set of mini rail road tracks out of some old meat rail his dad had laying around. Track was about 150 foot long, ran up the side of the big dirt pile, and ended at the top. Made us a sled on some home fabricated rail wheels, strapped a full O2 welding gas tank on it, and mounted it on the track, then rigged up a remote control drop hammer. Flipped a quarter to see who got to pull the rope, he won, and in a classic "Hey u all ,,, watch this" moment, gave a yank on the rope. As expected, the hammer knocked the valve off of the tank, and also as expected the tank and sled started hauling a** down the rail, but what we hadn't planned on, was the sled getting hung up on something about 3/4 the way up the pile of dirt, and the O2 cylinder coming loose. Like a scud missile the tank flew about 100 yds out to where the herd of cows had gathered to watch the 2 crazy kids (we already had a history with those cows :whistle:), and as we watched in horror, the tank hit one broad side, going almost all the way through. 45 minutes with the back hoe, a couple of passes with a disc, and vola, it never happened.

Reps to you on a great story!!!:yesway: I can only imagine the massive "Oh s---" moment you must have experience as you layed eyes on that cow!!!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

Great story and thank you for telling the rest of it! I'll rep you when I can, apparantly I have to spread more around first :rolleyes:

I'd almost like to know what that cow was thinking when it realized that tank was coming right at it and the speed it was going.

I'd imagine it would be something like this. (cow munching away on the grass) mmmm good grass, hey wait what is that coming at me so fast? ......OH Crap!! This is gonna really hurt!!!!

Top Bottom