The dumbest thing I have ever done thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Dang... I don't have any stories nearly as good as y'all's. :( Blowing craters in the lawn, building rockets, jumping go-karts? Sounds fun to me!

Best I have is, when I was about 6 or 7 I found my grandpa's old BB gun in our garage shortly after he moved in with us. It looked EXACTLY like the toy gun my friend down the street had, so I started playing around with it. We were not a gun-owning family, and I'd never been educated about them. Luckily, all I shot was the house across the street before I realized it wasn't a toy gun.

I guess oops doesn't cover that eh? :):

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Let's see about this one. I have had serveral lol. The best one would be my senior year of high school me and a buddy thought we had a great idea/plan for a senior prank. One night we decided to go through with it. I had a key to get into the school. So we went to our high school with 300 paint balls each and used them on the inside. Needless to say come Monday morning when we got to school their was a state tropper there and we knew it was gonna end well. They didnt press charges aslong as we paid for the damages and janitors overtime to clean it up. It was like $750 apiece. Which really sucked while workin at Long John Silvers makin $6/hour but it all worked out and a lesson well learned.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    My daughters mom

This is a bittersweet comment, but I can relate.

Let's see about this one. I have had serveral lol. The best one would be my senior year of high school me and a buddy thought we had a great idea/plan for a senior prank. One night we decided to go through with it. I had a key to get into the school. So we went to our high school with 300 paint balls each and used them on the inside. Needless to say come Monday morning when we got to school their was a state tropper there and we knew it was gonna end well. They didnt press charges aslong as we paid for the damages and janitors overtime to clean it up. It was like $750 apiece. Which really sucked while workin at Long John Silvers makin $6/hour but it all worked out and a lesson well learned.

Senior Pranks. HAHA I forgot about that. I have two of them to share. One prank just wasn't enough.

First prank we did was let 5000 crickets go in the school library. We got away with that one.

Second prank we did, we had a classmate who's father owned a fireworks store. He could get ALL the good stuff. So we had these smoke grenades that were the most powerful you could buy at the time. We chucked them down the main hallway of the school and ran like hell. The fire department came, the police came, and I nearly...well nevermind that...anyway, we thought we got away with that one too, but someone ratted us out and we ended up being with in-school suspension for the last two weeks of school, plus Saturday school on graduation day. (This was in the day of not pressing charges.)

Man, it smoked up the joint.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Basic training night shoot. I was third on our line and proceeded to firing position and began firing. The first shot shook me. I (who was a fairly experience shooter) wondered why my M16 sounded so loud just because it was dark out. I continued firing and by my second mag realized I'd been shooting with no ear pro and it was that not the darkness making my head explode every time I pulled the trigger. :n00b:

I've done other less than intelligent things, but I'll take the 5th on them...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    DSC03582.jpg

44 mag rifle, cold hands, pointed in bad direction. Large hole in astro van post.

Not a proud day and my only AD ever.

You mean ND, right?

CapBuster49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    With some Freaks
    I dont think Ive made it a day w/o doing something dumb.

I once ripped a tag off my matress that said do not remove under penelty of the law...

statute of limitations is up on this one. When I was about 10 years old I decided to take my sisters Cherry Pontiac Phoenix :): for a drive in the neighborhood where i was seen by several people who knew my folks.. It was summer break and both my parents worked so I was forced to stay with Granny up in Muncie to stay out of trouble. My dad had several boxes he had there from growing up. As a curious youngster I was anxious to see what the oldman had up there. Sure enough I got my paws on a 22 revolver and some ammo. I had never shot a handgun at that point in life. Eventually I figured out how to take it a part and load it. Once Granny headed for the store I took it ouside and discharged 6 rounds in a Muncie neighborhood. That weapon didnt leave my side the whole time there. Thankfully Granny nor myself ended up with a cap n our azzzzzz...... Sad thing is that aint even close to the dumbest thing ive done..

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Set a company truck on fire while buring trash. It was a Dodge so it actually ran better after this.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    one of the guys at work is always telling me i need to write a book of the dumb things ive done. lots of chapters. dumbest thing ive done with a gun,or car, or electricity, or you get the idea. way to many. the car was telling the officer after he caught me fleeing and told me dont you know you cant out run us? was telling him if the motor had not blown up i would have. he said ya right. i said what about last week, same place same time, blew the doors off that cop car didnt i? he said that was you? then slapped me. stupid things we did as kids. was alot of fun though

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    On a training dive, instructing students in the finer points of underwater navagation, our group bottom time was coming to a close. Looking up I could see the boat bottom, after all this was the crystal waters of Cayman Brac. The head count was made, everyone there, so the signal for accent went out. Standing on the fantail Iwas buzy helping divers out of there equiptment,and started to hear the rumblings of laughter.
    Inquiring what the ruckus was about, I noticed we where on the WRONG BOAT!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    This thread is awesome.

I will not even come close to telling my fellow INGOers the dumbest thing I've done. Lets just say my teenager days were pretty.....wild!

Thank GOD for growing up! lol

Top Bottom