The dumbest thing I have ever done thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    When I was about 14, I made a molotov cocktail out of a gallon wine jug and some gasoline.

Turns out it wasn't such a great idea. A gallon of gas spreads out a LOT when you throw it at something inside of a glass bottle. The target was the middle of the driveway...the end result was scorched yard, dead bushes, and a hasty firefighting effort with a garden hose.

Did you know that gasoline on fire spreads out when you spray it with water? I do. Fortunately I at least had the sense not to do it too close to the garage.

I did all kinds of dumb stuff when I was a kid, this is just the one I remember right now.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    This thread is awesome.

I will not even come close to telling my fellow INGOers the dumbest thing I've done. Lets just say my teenager days were pretty.....wild!

Thank GOD for growing up! lol

I had some "wild" days when I was a teenager too. .I could tell the story about how I walked down the wrong driveway one night and couldn't figure out why my house wasn't there...but I'm not sure I want that kinda stuff just floating around the interwebs.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    When I was about 14, I made a molotov cocktail out of a gallon wine jug and some gasoline.

Turns out it wasn't such a great idea. A gallon of gas spreads out a LOT when you throw it at something inside of a glass bottle. The target was the middle of the driveway...the end result was scorched yard, dead bushes, and a hasty firefighting effort with a garden hose.

Did you know that gasoline on fire spreads out when you spray it with water? I do. Fortunately I at least had the sense not to do it too close to the garage.

I did all kinds of dumb stuff when I was a kid, this is just the one I remember right now.
    yes water will not put the gas out just spread it around. throw some gas in the creek and light it sometime. watching it float down the creek on fire you realize that was not your brightest thought

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    This thread is awesome.

I will not even come close to telling my fellow INGOers the dumbest thing I've done. Lets just say my teenager days were pretty.....wild!

Thank GOD for growing up! lol
    NO WAY YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH THAT. COME ON NOW. LETS HEAR IT!

rex soldier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Valley of Dry Bones
    :flamethrower: catching my pants on fire . a bunch of times.

one time i was wearing some cheap shorts while i was fixing my paintball marker with a allen wrench and some how a spark came off the wrench and on to my crotch and well poof weiner roast .
    another time PLT NCO told me the creamer in the MRE is flamble , and i was like no way ....... yea its flamble , burns real fast .

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I don't get why some won't post something dumb they did.

We have some good ones so far, but I think we have yet to see the Granddaddy of them all.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In case anyone ever wondered:

You can light off model rocket engines with fuse cord if you run out of the electric igniters.
    But if you have several duct taped and daisy-chained together, it's hardly possible to have them all fire at the exact same time.

Even if you attempt it several times...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    No, but I sure would like it if she were to sign up here and post a dumb story. :D

She said to go ahead and post for her, so here:

"The dumbest thing I ever did was smack my poor sweet daughter and my ring cut her non-sassy lip. I'm so sorry.
    Signed,
    Annie's mom"

Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

emclean

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    porter county (NWI)
    You can light off model rocket engines with fuse cord if you run out of the electric igniters.
    a 20mm bbl will give enough sin to stabilize a 'A' rocket engine.

not me, but funny. the Vulcan (20mm multibarrlled air defense weapon) repair shop was at the end of a runway on Ft. Bragg. someone (name was never told to protect the guilty) turned on the radar, as a F16 was takeing off. a USAF two star was soon involved, and a$$es were chewed on.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    She said to go ahead and post for her, so here:

"The dumbest thing I ever did was smack my poor sweet daughter and my ring cut her non-sassy lip. I'm so sorry.
    Signed,
    Annie's mom"

Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

poor sweet, and non sassy lip? hmmmm something like that doesn't sound quite like you Annie. I think its the non sassy lip part. :popcorn:

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Around 16, mine involved a fairly large mound of dirt (about 20' high), 150 ft of meat rail, a full O2 tank, a remote controlled drop hammer, and a backhoe. Never imagined an O2 tank would fly almost 100 yds, and poor cow never saw it coming. Ya know ,,, it takes a big hole to hide a cow.

Top Bottom